Wear your seat belt!

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Wear your seat belt!

#1 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 pm

I know it's the Daily Smail, but a good reminder to the silly people who don't keep their seatbelts on during flight. 8-|

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eland.html

[-(
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Capetonian

Re: Wear your seat belt!

#2 Post by Capetonian » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:22 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and pigheaded people can be in this regard. What is so difficult about keeping our belt loosely fastened whilst you are in your seat?
Not long ago I was on a domestic flight in ZA and the crew had announced expected turbulence and asked for belts to be fastened. The man sitting next to me refused to do his up and when I suggested to him he did so, told me it was none of my effing business. He became obnoxious when I explained that in the event of a loss of altitude he would go up, hit the ceiling, and then possibly come down on top of me, which neither of us would wish for.
I was a total f***wit and didn't know what I was talking about ............ so I called a member of the CC to come and explain to him, at which he grudgingly snapped his seatbelt closed.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#3 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:51 pm

Cape, he had probably flown Squeezy Jet and thought usage was charged by the minute.

Once had a passenger get airborne in the cabin and came down legs either side of the arm rest. :-o Bet he keeps strapped in now. He was actually hospitalised.

Experienced severe a few times but never extreme. One of our aircraft (VC10) hit extreme across the pond. Everyone strapped in, no injuries or structural damage thank goodness.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by ian16th » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:Once had a passenger get airborne in the cabin and came down legs either side of the arm rest. :-o Bet he keeps strapped in now. He was actually hospitalised.

When 214 sent a Valiant non-stop from Marham to Joburg, or maybe it was the Cape Town flight, we based tankers in Kano, the ground crew were flown out in a Beverley.

On the leg Idris to Kano, over the 'ot & sandy Sahara, it was so rough one of the un-belted pax in freight bay, grazed his head on the top of the freight bay, he fortunately came down in the aisle, missing the seats.

Everyone kept their belts on from then on.
Cynicism improves with age