BA Seat Allocation

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

BA Seat Allocation

#1 Post by OFSO » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:37 pm

Our seats for the next visit to the UK on BA will be allocated the day before the flight, when I check in. Can I assume that having booked the flight for us both under the single reservation number, the two seats will be next to each other?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: BA Seat Allocation

#2 Post by Woody » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:49 pm

OFSO wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:37 pm
Our seats for the next visit to the UK on BA will be allocated the day before the flight, when I check in. Can I assume that having booked the flight for us both under the single reservation number, the two seats will be next to each other?
No, but don’t blame me :-o
When all else fails, read the instructions.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#3 Post by k3k3 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:46 pm

Woody wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:49 pm
OFSO wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:37 pm
No, but don’t blame me :-o
Another question for you Woody, my son is supposed to fly LHR - DUS BA0932 on the 17th Dec, is the ground handling strike I've just heard about on the radio likely to affect him?

He was going to travel from Devon to London on the train, but that's been cancelled due to strike action. He's booked on a National Express coach now to T3, biggest pain is he has to leave at o-dark-thirty instead of mid morning, don't yet know if the Tube or Heathrow Express will be running to T5 on that day.

Last year Covid rules messed everything up:

Daniels Travel Tribulations Christmas 2021

Plan A:
Daniel visited from Germany on Saturday 18th December until Boxing Day,
Anti-Gen test in Hückelhoven on Friday.
Train on Saturday from Baal to Frankfurt.
Fly to Bristol.
PCR test in Bristol city centre.
Drive to Paignton.
On Christmas Eve Anti-Gen test at Exeter Airport.
Boxing Day fly back Bristol to Frankfurt.
Train to Baal.
Test again in Hückelhoven the next day.
And relax.

He arrived as planned, had a PCR test in Bristol which he received the result of at 1800 on Sunday 19th, but today the RKI (German Health Authority) has changed the rules concerning the return journey. Cancel Plan A.

Plan B:
He will need to have a negative PCR test in the 72 hour period before he flies back on Boxing Day, and then he must self-isolate for two weeks once he gets there.

He had a "Fit to Fly" Anti-Gen test at Exeter Airport booked for Christmas Eve but that is no longer sufficient. Cancel Anti-Gen test.

He found a clinic in the City of Exeter that will do a PCR test on Thursday afternoon and provide the result by 09:00 next morning.

He had the PCR test on Thursday afternoon within the 72 hour window prior to travel. The test result was emailed early Christmas Eve.

When he returned home he found that while he had been getting the PCR test the RKI had changed the rules again, they have changed it from 72 hours prior to 48.
Cancel Plan B.

Plan C:
After scouring the internet he found one lab that could do a PCR test on Christmas Eve and provide the result the same day.
In Truro, a 320km round trip.
The result came through four hours after the test was taken.

Boxing Day fly back Bristol to Frankfurt.
Train to Baal.
Self-incarcerate for two weeks. The local council health people came around three times to ensure compliance.

All tests were Covid Negative.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Woody » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:20 pm

No, it’s Menzies who are striking, so it’s just going to be the usual BA mess, honestly have no idea about transport between terminals on train strikes :(
When all else fails, read the instructions.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#5 Post by k3k3 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:26 pm

Thanks Woody, at least that is one thing we don't need to worry about.