A quip for FOX3.

Aviation related only
boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

A quip for FOX3.

#1 Post by boing » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:59 pm

OK, I'm cheating this in here but it is vaguely aviation connected and I think humorous.

Today I had a wellness check, I don't really see the point since my doctor does this already but my insurance company thinks it's a good idea. Most of the exam was abbreviated because the examiner caught me working in the garden which apparently made three pages of questions about using walking sticks, having back pain, being short of breath etc. pointless. Then we came to the cognitive ability check.

So says the man, I am going to give you three words to remember, then I will give you a sheet of paper on a clipboard on which I want you to draw a clock face and mark the four most important time values, then I will ask you to repeat the memorised words. The words are, banana, pencil and aeroplane. At this point I had a problem not laughing out loud.

I drew the clock face adding roman numerals for the times just to be difficult, then he asked me to repeat the words which, of course, I could do quite confidently - that is when I couldn't help laughing. He asked what I thought was so funny. I explained to him that in 40 years of flying AEROPLANES it was quite normal to be offered a BANANA as the reward if you did things right. His reply was that if I could remember the joke I must be OK.

Dumb I know but funny at the time.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: A quip for FOX3.

#2 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:28 pm

What about the pencil? :-? :))

PP

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by boing » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:01 pm

Fair question PP and I should have known someone would ask it. The pencil, of course, was already in my hand to draw the clock face!!

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Hydromet
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Hydromet » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:39 am

The government here pays for the same thing when we hit 75. I combined mine with an appointment to check the thumb I broke when I came off while mountain biking. "No problems with mobility, then?"

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:32 pm

You have a doctor?? =))

(only been waiting 11 years here)