Should I go back or not?

By Popular Request - Modded by the Girls of Ops-Normal.
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Should I go back or not?

#121 Post by OFSO » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:05 am

Softly softly (or in this case slowly slowly) catchee monkey.

Nothing in this life should be rushed. Joke about old and young bulls and an open gate applies.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#122 Post by Boac » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:08 am

Great to hear a success story - good luck to all of you.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#123 Post by OFSO » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Thread re-opened: it would be interesting to hear some more experiences of people who have got together again - whether it didn't work, whether they just became good friends, or whether the whole romantic/sexual/loving relationship started up again - and endured. Moi ? I wouldn't go within a hundred miles of any of my exes if I were not wearing a full set of armour with an ABC overall and face mask over it and seated inside an APC. But then, I am told this isn't typical.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#124 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:03 am

There was very possibly one Ex that I should have never let get away from me, but I was too young and stupid at the time. X(

She went on to a series of relationships which never lasted and I suspect she became somewhat embittered about just about everything, (A long story) as it is now apparent that she neglected a few warning signs re her health.

A massive Heart attack claimed her just before Christmas 2010. Aged 56.

A number of years before she died I had a long conversation with her and at one stage somewhat plaintively asked
"Damnit! Why didn't we get married?"

Her reply was simply; "Pinky, it wasn't meant to be."

Indeed. But knowing that does not make it any easier. :(( Because I am firmly convinced that if I had married her, she would still be alive today!!
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Capetonian

#125 Post by Capetonian » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:39 am

I wouldn't go within a hundred miles of any of my exes if I were not wearing a full set of armour with an ABC overall and face mask over it and seated inside an APC.
Make that a thousand miles in my case, with one exception!

Slasher

#126 Post by Slasher » Fri May 19, 2017 9:30 pm

OFSO long story but the firstest I ever loved unconditionally was a Kiwi seven years my senior - but she threw my heart in the trash bin. I never forgot her.

Years later she rolled up on my doorstep after being battered and abused by various arseholes, and tearfully bawled she had never forgotten me, had made a humongous mistake, and always knew that I was meant for her. Bawling my own eyes out I hugged her tightly and brought her into my home.

There was very strong talk of marriage and us settling down in the Philippines where I lived at the time, commuting to Nam month on month off.

All was sweet until a year later she was diagnosed with aggressive pancreatic cancer. She literally died while in my arms in Madras, India, two months later. I was fcuked for 2 years and hit the piss something fierce, until I woke up one morning and realised I can't live the rest of my life soused in the memories of a dead woman.

That's all I'll say about that.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#127 Post by OFSO » Fri May 26, 2017 7:07 am

An honourable deed, Mr S. You did well.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#128 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:49 am

Very very recent experience (less than 10 hours old) or actually a lesson that would lead (hopefully) to good experience - just learned in hard-to-describe way not bad not good but definitely unusual. If you decide to maintain contacts with an ex, do so seriously as well as vigorously and if you decide to make a second attempt do so promptly. Don't wait few years because she may be taken.

Pinky,

There was very possibly one Ex that I should have never let get away from me, but I was too young and stupid at the time.

I feel pretty proud that I don't need to loose something to say how good it was (as far as jobs, friends and relatives are concerned). Unfortunately I have yet to be able to rapidly understand a partner is suitable for a long term situation, behave correctly and keep her at my life. And currently I don't meet too many ladies that can fall in the long term partner category.

Slasher

#129 Post by Slasher » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:41 am

Remarrying the ex sometime within the first 2 weeks of December. Exact date at this point will be determined when the outlaws can come up to be re-inlawed.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#130 Post by Boac » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:53 am

Brilliant news - well done both of you!

Slasher

#131 Post by Slasher » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Thanks Boac. It's been a long road since the divorce but it's going to work this time, and work well.

She screwed up in a drunken stupor a long while ago but, all be told, to err is human. After this long "road map" of sorts I know now we'll succeed in this re-union.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#132 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Good luck Slash... ;)

all be told, to err is human

Amen brother! (Of course I am perfect and never sinning) o:-)

Caco

reddo
Capt
Capt

#133 Post by reddo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Good luck mate. Hope it all goes well. :)

Slasher

#134 Post by Slasher » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Thank you Reddo! :-*

Wedding has now been put back till sometime late January due to outlaw attendability problems (a Swiss cheese hole lineup sort of thing). Family is really important in Thai ritual custom especially whenever the title deed to one's reproductive organs is officially signed (or in this case...re-signed) over to someone else.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#135 Post by OFSO » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Why not go off and do a private exchange of vows somewhere sacred first ? Mrs OFSO and I did, although we had to wait because the Infanta (daughter of ex-King Joan Carlos) was doing the same thing, albeit with a bit more pomp and circumstance, in the location we chose. Leave the window-dressing to later when everyone can attend.

Slasher

#136 Post by Slasher » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:16 am

There's no rush OFSO. We're still doing what we've always done without the licence to do so. Besides, Apsara wants all the rites and pomp associated with a wedding.

Slasher

#137 Post by Slasher » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi everyone. I might be out of action next couple of weeks as I'll be getting rehitched. See ya on the other side! :)

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#138 Post by Boac » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Fare thee well Mr Slash.
Remember - seat belts signs on and best turb speed. :-bd

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#139 Post by ian16th » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:56 pm

All the best!
Cynicism improves with age

Capetonian

#140 Post by Capetonian » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:04 pm

" Besides, Apsara wants all the rites and pomp associated with a wedding. "
I am sure, Slasher, as a man of the world, that you can work out what 'pomp' means in South Africa.
Happy days and happy nights mate!