Where did I go wrong as Leader?

By Popular Request - Modded by the Girls of Ops-Normal.
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Where did I go wrong as Leader?

#1 Post by OFSO » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:41 am

Dear Agony Aunt: where did I go wrong as leader ? In order to get elected I had to stop that nasty Farage chappy with his silly "Leave the EU" talk, so I promised the voters that I would hold a Referendum. I did everything i could to persuade them to vote the right way, i.e. remain, lying through my teeth about every aspect of staying or leaving, using threats and carrots on stick. I went to my masters in Brussels and negotiated a wonderful deal, with a rock-solid promise (they said) that later in the year I would get everything I asked for. I even got the Leader of the Opposition (whose name escapes me) to dither and procrastinate and support me. And now here we are, the morning after, and the ungrateful b*stards went aganst me.

Where did I go wrong ?

P.S. Dear Boris: you will have to deal with President Trump next year. We all know he's right about stopping Moslem immigrants, but try to remember we already have three million (or something) living in the UK, and they can also vote in elections. Well, the men can, anyway.... Best of luck !

Capetonian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Where did I go wrong as Leader?

#2 Post by Capetonian » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:30 am

Where did I go right as leader?
By stepping down. Honourable, for a politician.
One thing you can say for the French, when civilization falls they have less far to fall than everyone else.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by probes » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:39 am

Dear Leader,
you must have done everything right, as that's what everybody in politics does.
Beats me why it didn't work this time.
yours,
Agonized Aunt

Sisemen
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Sisemen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:02 pm

"The people have spoken; the bastards!"

Flame Lily FX
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Flame Lily FX » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Dear Scum

'Somebody said in the past couple of weeks that this was a referendum between the winners and losers of globalisation.

Of all the points raised I think that is the most compelling one. Hopefully some day our societies in western Europe will start discussing the elephant in the room: unregulated neoliberalism and the growth in inequality between the rich and the rest of society.

For too long the poor in western societies have been sacrificed by the business elite and their politicians who love immigration because the newcomers keep their costs down by competing with the native poor. It's no wonder so many people in Britain are opposed to immigration on economic grounds: their section of society, as in Ireland, France and elsewhere, is the section that is immediately challenged by immigration. The people in nice, cushy jobs that take years of networking and qualifications to secure are not threatened by immigration. There's no honesty about this. It's much easier for the media and political elite to call the people who oppose that excessive immigration "racists" than to be honest about what's happening to their economic position.'

Suck it up, buttercup! :O3

PS: Would you like to be my friend on Facefook?

Love

Lily-No-Mates
Nasty Bitch bent over the kitchen sink!
I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by OFSO » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:03 pm

Dear Leader: is it true that you are contemplating a return to politics ? Appearing on wings of light in the House of Commons, lowered on wires from the ceiling to save us all, or in red makeup in a cloud of sulphuric gas through a trapdoor to blast the Speaker into smithereens...