Where can it all go wrong?

By Popular Request - Modded by the Girls of Ops-Normal.
larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt
Where can it all go wrong?

#1 Post by larsssnowpharter » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Background: Señora Larss is the middle one of 7 (5 girls and 2 boys) in a close knit Filipino family. The youngest, a boy, suffered a severe head injury as a teenager with the result that he is what used to be described as 'simple'.

A couple of months ago, he was being teased and bullied by a group of teenagers and snapped and hit one of them. He was hauled off to a police jail where he stayed for about 6 weeks until the parents of the teen involved dropped charges on condition he did not live back in his old house near them.

He is now living in what is basically a religious retreat house which is fine as a temporary solution but not for the long term.

Now, the lovely Señora Larss and her 2 sisters have come up with a solution which, if I understand it correctly, goes something like this:

"We'll sell that building plot I bought years ago up in the hills and the old house and buy some land on Samal Island, build little brother a house there and he can farm some of the land and the family can take turns staying with him."

By the time I get the full story (believe me, it's more complicated than this) a deposit has been placed on the land and I'm being asked to lend her enough money for the construction of a house and the rest of the land.

With some trepidation, I agreed to this.

So, we now own a hectare of coconut palm on Samal Island and a carpenter is due to start work next week.

I should add Señora Larss has prior on this. About 6 years ago she bought a delapidated building, demolished it and built a 12 room boarding house that only went twice over budget but paid back construction costs in 4 years.

What can possibly go wrong?