A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in USA

#441 Post by John Hill » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:27 am

Seenenough wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:32 am
Dumb asses seem to think they can overrun the White House.
It has been done before.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#442 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:31 am

John Hill wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:27 am
Seenenough wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:32 am
Dumb asses seem to think they can overrun the White House.
It has been done before.
Canadian/English dumb asses! They burned it down too!

I wonder if the incumbent president was found hiding in his bunker like that pantywaist Trump was this weekend! =))
Mr President, don't go hide': China goads US over George Floyd protests
Officials and state media appear to revel in scenes of US unrest, comparing protests there to Hong Kong’s pro-democracy movement
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... d-protests
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#443 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:24 am

UP and BT

regarding arms in the society: maybe it is a vicious cycle violence is ok and people use their right to bear arms to fight the violence. If we feel awfully unhappy about people using guns to protect their property shouldn't we feel the same about people looting ones business just because they found a cause and enjoying doing so? In other words why we feel is OK to escalate from a massive peaceful demonstration to violent looting which protestors expect to remain unpunished and is not OK to use violence to stop losing one's way of earning a living? In other words there are many ways to protest why is it ok to destroy the property and life of a person having absolutely no relation with the culprit. Isn't there an expression don't do the crime if you can't do the time?

And one more question: I heard from a reliable source that the when the victim was arrested officers tried to put him on a patrol car and he tried to escape - there are clips showing this.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#444 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:29 am

It's about police brutality as much as it's about racism, but the key is impunity.

Sure, it's damn nearly impossible to stamp out institutionalised racism in a police force. London's Met is a prime example of that. When a Met hit squad set out to murder a Pakistani they saw a Brazilian electrician and mistook his brown colour for a South Asian so they murdered him. Shot him in the face 11 times just to make sure.

The "Gold Commander" boss who gave the kill order was promoted, not prosecuted. None of the cops or SRR guys was prosecuted. The boss cop is now the Police Commissioner. The Director of Public Prosecutions who decided not to prosecute anyone for the murder was knighted for his decision-making. He's now the Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition and is leader of the largest party in British politics.

The public prosecutor in Minneapolis repeatedly declined to bring charges against several cops in police brutality cases, so the brutality just went on and on. She's now a Senator and is being considered as a potential Veep candidate. One of those brutality cases, in 2006, was a cop with the appropriate name of Chauvin. He got away with it then and resumed his racist brutality. Yup, he's the same guy who murdered George Floyd.

The problem, both in the Met and in so many Septic police forces, is not just the institutionalised racism and general police brutality. The really major problem is that of impunity. The police thugs know that they can get away with murder, quite literally.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#445 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:53 am

A little research will reveal that the incident with the cop kneeling on the guy's neck wasn't the first assault as there is video of 'action' in a police vehicle (the black guy not visible) where cops were laying-in to whoever was inside the vehicle before they were removed and then restrained by the cop kneeling on his neck for eight minutes, after which he 'fell silent'.

Floyd in struggle with cops in back of police car.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#446 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:02 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:29 am
It's about police brutality as much as it's about racism, but the key is impunity.
+1
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#447 Post by llondel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:50 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:40 pm
So Plumb, if someone is intent on forcibly entering into your house, while you are there, and then wants to set fire to it ,after stealing what he likes ,you must do nothing and stand aside and let them do what they want?
Violence breeds violence. In the UK, if confronted by a burglar I would have been more inclined to act threatening while leaving the exit route clear. In the US I'm more likely to assume that anyone breaking in is armed and intending to use it and so I would follow the advice of Lazarus Long and "do unto others what others would do unto you, but do it first".

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#448 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:57 pm

Announcing (either specifically or generally) that you will repel raiders with absolute force encourages would-be attackers to raise the level of weaponry.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#449 Post by llondel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:57 pm
Announcing (either specifically or generally) that you will repel raiders with absolute force encourages would-be attackers to raise the level of weaponry.
As I said, violence breeds violence. I think this is partly why the UK police always vote not to routinely carry firearms because they know that if they do, the criminals will. I still hope that the presence of large, barking dogs is enough of a threat and would-be perps will go elsewhere.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#450 Post by BenThere » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:18 pm

Or perhaps take their trade elsewhere, G-CPTN, or even giving up that line of work as being too risky.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#451 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:11 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:57 pm
I am wondering (in theoretical base) what would happen if the crowds looting stores were confronted with armed owners.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#452 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:30 pm

In Scottsdale,AZ (Upscale city adjoining Phoenix) looters ~X( , not protesters, raided a fancy mall. Apple Store was a main target. At a nearby jewelry store, owners armed themselves inside the store. Looters stopped by the store but mysteriously decided not to loot it. :-o :-bd
I wonder why. :ymdevil:

PP

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#453 Post by llondel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:43 pm

One of our local malls was apparently targeted last night.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#454 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:52 pm

Thanks PHXPhlyer for answering partially my question.

Maybe we need to debate some day is when it is ok to start using violence. When people turn to looters it is ok but when store owners use violence to stop looting which is the only think that works people think it is not ok.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#455 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:55 pm

An opportunity for a 'militia' to guard Malls?

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#456 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:57 pm

Isn''t militia suppose to work against an authoritative government not against other citizens?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#457 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:01 pm

I couldn't recall the expression 'mercenary'.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#458 Post by Bob » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Whats the point looting an Apple store?, arent all Apple devices traceble and completely useless unless properly authenticated?
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#459 Post by llondel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:36 pm

Bob wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 pm
Whats the point looting an Apple store?, arent all Apple devices traceble and completely useless unless properly authenticated?
Not the peripherals, I think it's only the phones, tablets and computers. The headphones and other overpriced tat is unlikely to be directly traceable in the same way.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#460 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:21 pm

My daughter pointed that out about the phones, etc. What she also said, which I hadn't thought about, is that they can be sold on the street, Craigslist, etc. and the unsuspecting buyer is the one they are tracked to.

PP