The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Seenenough

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#7421 Post by Seenenough » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:29 pm

The Democrats are making the same catastrophic mistake,I suspect, that they made with Clinton by believing the BS polls about Biden and coming to the flawed conclusion that they cannot loose against Trump.

Lots will happen between now and November and as always the voters will draw their own conclusions and vote accordingly.

Seenenough

#7422 Post by Seenenough » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:31 pm

prospector wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:32 am
Why does not "***** Bolton" stand for president himself if he knows it all.
Likely because he has never been elected for anything and swamp creatures are not elected either.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7423 Post by FD2 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:43 pm

Yes - why was he employed again in the White House? Whose choice was that?

Seenenough

#7424 Post by Seenenough » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:10 am

FD2 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:43 pm
Yes - why was he employed again in the White House? Whose choice was that?
All Bolton has ever wanted to do was to go in and make war.I suspect the day Trump called retaliation off against Iran,at the last minute, featured high on Boltons disagreements with Trump"s decisions.

Bolton was all for dealing with NoKo the same way as Obama dealt with Libya but Trump stopped it.

I would bet also that Bolton has major objection to Trump's requirement to reduce the number of US troops in the US down to 25 000.

Trump stated during his election campaign in 2016 that he wanted to pull out of the costly wars but clearly the swamp and the military establishment has fought him all along.

Sometimes the enemy lurks within as Trump has found out.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7425 Post by FD2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:55 am

I'll grant you that Seenenough - Trump didn't start a nuclear exchange with North Korea or bomb Iran with nukes, against the advice of Bolton. Bolton is certainly piqued that his advice was disregarded over those matters as well as troop reductions.

Bolton's reputation was well known from his time with Bush Jnr so why hire such an 'uber hawk' unless Trump seriously thought he would bring something worthwhile to the table? Now it seems Bolton is a 'washed up liar' like many others who fell from grace and got resigned. Bolton didn't appoint himself did he?

Trump doesn't seem to have let the 'swamp' or the military stand in the way of his great ideas so far, or have I missed something?

Seenenough

#7426 Post by Seenenough » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:29 am

FD2 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:55 am
I'll grant you that Seenenough - Trump didn't start a nuclear exchange with North Korea or bomb Iran with nukes, against the advice of Bolton. Bolton is certainly piqued that his advice was disregarded over those matters as well as troop reductions.

Bolton's reputation was well known from his time with Bush Jnr so why hire such an 'uber hawk' unless Trump seriously thought he would bring something worthwhile to the table? Now it seems Bolton is a 'washed up liar' like many others who fell from grace and got resigned. Bolton didn't appoint himself did he?

Trump doesn't seem to have let the 'swamp' or the military stand in the way of his great ideas so far, or have I missed something?
Maybe Trumo was just giving the swamp enough rope to hang itself.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7427 Post by FD2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:43 am

I admire your persistence in loyally defending Trump but could never agree with you. I am very interested in the mental processes of the leader of your country and have formed the opinion that he is not a fit person to be the leader of the free world. Small examples of his behaviour point towards some fading of his thought processes - he lies most of the time he speaks or twitters, he frequently hires people that he later declares are/were unfit for their roles, he takes an easy line with Putin who is a complete rascal ;))) , he makes statements which he contradicts soon afterwards, he appears to be totally driven by his enormous ego...

I'm afraid there's nothing you can say which could convince me that the man is fit to hold this position, let alone be re-elected - I would rather see almost anyone in the White House than him - from either side. Good luck to the Lincoln Project swamp people!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7428 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:33 am

his new role as persecutor of the only man in the States stupid enough to have employed him
Sums it all up.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#7429 Post by prospector » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:36 am

"Maybe Trump was just giving the swamp enough rope to hang itself."

Sums it up better

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7430 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:33 pm

There are a lot of kooks and gooks out there and some are in the compound even if they are out of their minds...
A US Army soldier was plotting with a British occultist neo-Nazi group to attack and kill members of his own military unit, according to a newly unsealed indictment by the Department of Justice.

Ethan Melzer, a 22-year old army private from Louisville, Kentucky, has been charged with conspiring and attempting to murder US nationals, conspiring and attempting to murder military service members, providing and attempting to provide material support to terrorists, and conspiring to murder and maim in a foreign country, the DoJ announced on Monday.

“As alleged, Ethan Melzer, a private in the US Army, was the enemy within,” said acting US attorney for the southern district of New York, Audrey Strauss, in a statement. “Melzer allegedly attempted to orchestrate a murderous ambush on his own unit by unlawfully revealing its location, strength, and armaments to a neo-Nazi, anarchist, white supremacist group.”

Melzer was a member of the Order of the Nine Angles (O9A), a group whose members have been involved with violence and murders, according to the DoJ. “Members and associates of O9A have espoused violent, neo-Nazi, anti-Semitic, and Satanic beliefs, and have expressed admiration for both Nazis, such as Adolf Hitler, and Islamic jihadists, such as Osama Bin Laden,” according to the DoJ.

O9A originated as a fringe group in the UK in the 1960s and has gained influence in recent years among violent neo-Nazi and white nationalist groups, according to a report by Hope not Hate. In March, Hope Not Hate called on the British Home Office to ban the group.

Four UK teenagers with ties to O9A have been jailed for terror offenses in the past year, according to the BBC, and one was convicted of planning a terrorist attack.

The charges allege the soldier gave information about US troops stationed overseas to O9A.

The US advocacy group, the Southern Poverty Law Center, has described the group as an “occult neo-Nazi” organization, and British lawmakers have called for the group, which was founded there, to be banned, according to an NBC report.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... k-own-unit

Order of the Nine Angles
In February 2019 several newspapers reported that the O9A was linked to a number of high-profile figures from the far right, and to neo-Nazi groups such as Atomwaffen Division, National Action (UK) and Sonnenkrieg Division, the UK-branch of Atomwaffen Division
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Seenenough

#7431 Post by Seenenough » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:12 pm

FD2 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:43 am
I'm afraid there's nothing you can say which could convince me that the man is fit to hold this position, let alone be re-elected - I would rather see almost anyone in the White House than him - from either side. Good luck to the Lincoln Project swamp people!
FD,all I have tried to do is to show that there is a large part of the US population, who are eligible to vote, who feel that what Trump offers them is more beneficial to their lives and that they will continue to vote accordingly.

Trump became POTUS because the swing state voters had no desire to see Clinton become President.The swing voters are what many refer as the silent majority many of whom pretending to be Democrats but actually voting GOP when in the voting booth.

I think it is possible that we will see an outcome in November similar to what occurred in the last UK elections.I suspect that a large part of the voter base are sick and tired of seeing the Democrat controlled inner cities being vandalized and destroyed.The problems inside the inner cities developed long before Trump hit the scene.Rather than acknowledging that they have failed to correct the problems that developed under their watch the Democrats rather prefer to lay blame wherever else they can.Trump of course remains their main target to lay blame on.The voters are not buying into the Democrat blame laying and they would far prefer to see honest attempts to remedy their mismanagement.

The more the uncontrolled anarchy goes on the more it will hurt the Democrats and Biden.Several of the Mayors and Governors are now realizing that their positions will become more and more shaky if they allow the situation to continue.Biden is being hidden away because his handlers are petrified of him giving unscripted and garbled answers to difficult questions about the anarchy and destruction.

Charlamagne tha God has already made it clear to Biden that dislike of Trump alone is not enough to get votes from the Black voters.

As always I may well be wrong but time will give us the answer.

Seenenough

#7432 Post by Seenenough » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:21 pm

"During testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee in July 2019, FBI Director Christopher Wray emphasized: “there is no country that poses a more severe counterintelligence threat right now than China.”

Espionage has been a critical tool on which Chinese Communist Party General Secretary Xi Jinping has relied to enforce Orwellian big brother control over China’s population and mount increasingly aggressive policies in confrontation with the United States and its allies.   

Xi has deliberately transformed what was once an intertwined, symbiotic economic relationship with the U.S. into the most palpable great power competition. China is militarizing the South China Sea; stealing our intellectual property as well as military and trade secrets; and sending its students, business people, and intelligence officers to flood the zone with spying operations targeting our academic institutions, private sector and national security officials.

China’s willful effort to conceal the outbreak and severity of the coronavirus, while rejecting any sort of transparent collaboration against this global pandemic, exposed even deeper fault lines in the highly acrimonious U.S.-China relationship.

China menaces Taiwan and democracy activists in Hong Kong, exploits its “Belt and Road Initiative” as cover for debt-trap-diplomacy to project global influence, and knowing no bounds, brazenly targets the American Wild West.

The specific location in Xi’s crosshairs is the iconic frontier landscape, framed by the pristine Devils River and legendary Pecos River, in the West Texas borderlands of Val Verde County.

Beginning in 2015, GH America Investment Group purchased over 130,000 acres of property in Val Verde County. GH America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Xinjiang-based Guanghui Industry Investment Group. Xinjiang is notorious for its so-called “re-education” camps, where China detains Uighur Muslims and other ethnic minorities against their will and violates their human rights.

Local elected officials and organizations dedicated to the protection, conservation and preservation of Val Verde County have expressed reasonable concern about GH America’s plans to erect the Blue Hills Wind farm, using some of the tallest onshore turbines in the country on the land it purchased. I’m a retired CIA officer and not a biologist, so I’ll leave it to the scientists for the most authoritative assessment on the extent to which GH America’s construction would decimate the fragile ecosystem, obstruct migratory flight paths, disrupt groundwater flows and degrade water quality in this area.

But I will loudly ring alarm bells about the threats to our national security from GH America and its Chinese Communist Party overlords. Sun Guangxin, the founder and director of Xinjiang Guanghui Industry Investment Group, served in the Chinese People’s Liberation Army and was the vice chairman of the Xinjiang Provincial Youth Federation. Having long maintained a close relationship with China’s Communist Party leadership, Sun is one of the 200 wealthiest businessmen in China.

Xi might allow Sun the independence to earn a staggeringly high income, but if Sun is like any other Chinese businessman, then he is also on the hook to serve as a surrogate against China’s adversaries, especially the U.S. According to China’s 2015 National Intelligence Law, “All organizations and citizens shall support, cooperate with, and collaborate in national intelligence work.” Sun reportedly overpaid for the land in Val Verde County and Blue Hills Wind appears to be his only renewable energy project in the U.S.

Aside from gathering intelligence on U.S. border security operations and plugging into Texas’ critical infrastructure, including its electrical grid, China could use Sun’s wind farm venture as cover to collect intelligence on nearby Laughlin Air Force Base, which is the Air Force’s premier training facility and graduates hundreds of pilots per year.

With leadership from National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. (CFIUS) needs to review GHA’s purchase of this land, given its close proximity to a U.S. military installation. In a shockingly similar case, President Obama blocked the Chinese from building wind turbines near a military facility in Oregon.

In addition, Congress should determine whether Sun or any of his associates might fall into the category of Chinese officials, for whom President Trump just signed legislation calling for sanctions over their repression of Uighurs.

In contrast to cloak-and-dagger espionage, China’s nefarious attack on our national security interests in the great state of Texas is endangering us in plain sight.

With a growing consensus on the need to confront Xi’s aggression, Democrats and Republicans must defend our home turf from China’s encroachment on our sovereignty, before our nation suffers the dire consequences."-Authored by Dan Hoffman

On can only wonder how Biden would handle this situation.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Chimp v Chump

#7433 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Chump may think that the reason why Finns rake up the leaves and pine needles in their forests is because they are Rooshians; and he may have been astonished to learn that Limeys have nooks, but Chimp was just as bad.

Seenenough

#7434 Post by Seenenough » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:26 pm

"Billion-dollar investment firm leaving Seattle amid 'unrest'
Phoenix will offer Smead Capital employees a lower cost of living and a better quality of life, CEO says"

Maybe a bit of a hint that the people have had enough of what is going on.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7435 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:21 pm

The loony left are certainly doing everything they can to get The Chump re-elected!

Seenenough

#7436 Post by Seenenough » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Boac wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:21 pm
The loony left are certainly doing everything they can to get The Chump re-elected!
It is a miracle Bo,for once we agree.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7437 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:45 pm

Miracles do happen.

Seenenough

#7438 Post by Seenenough » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:58 pm

I have just watched Brett Baier's interview with John Bolton.Bolton's arrogance is beyond frightening.

The only comment I have is thank goodness Trump refused follow Bolton's advice and go to war at at each and every turn.

brickhistory
Snr FO
Snr FO

#7439 Post by brickhistory » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:32 am

And that, to paraphrase, has made all the difference...
What's his plan? A Russian doesn't take a dump without a plan.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7440 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:38 am

I guess The Stones, or their lawyers, need to send the Trump campaign another letter. They played "You Can't Always Get What You Want" at the end of his rally here today. [-X
The church where the rally was held is just over a mile from Chez Phlyer (as the crow flies). Out of morbid curiosity, I drove by the venue about an hour before the scheduled start on the event. Large police presence of course; at least 1 or 2 patrol SUVs in parking lots for about a mile up and down the road preventing rally-goers from taking up space in business lots.
A few stands selling Trump trash and a few hundred or so protesters on the sidewalk well away from the church itself.
The church backs up to a mountain preserve and Park Police were in force to keep potential snipers away, not to mention the presence of "Fire Bird", the Police Helicopter orbiting overhead.
Even though Phoenix and Arizona have one of the highest rates of new Covid-19 cases in the country, no masks and a seeming packed house (4,000 cap.). :ymsick:
Additionally, the church announced that they had installed a new system in the air handlers that "eliminates 99.9% of coronavirus surrogate from the air in less than 10 minutes.*" It just happened to be designed and marketed by a church member. Coincidence, I'm sure. Oh yeah, about that asterix. Coronavirus 229E and Cystovirus Phi6, not Covid-19. [-X Just a minor detail. And also, nevermind direct contact with aerosolized particles before they get to the air handler.
I hope it works on blowing smoke because there seems to be a lot of it! :ymdevil: =))

https://cleanairexp.com/2020/06/technol ... ification/

Technology Breakthrough in Indoor Air Purification
Smart IAQ technology from emerging Phoenix area startup, enables users to safely eliminate up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria in a fully occupied home or commercial building by controlling indoor air quality the same way a thermostat controls air temperature.
CleanAir EXP just completed rigorous 3rd party testing with a Certified Biosafety Laboratory and is extremely pleased to announce that the results demonstrated a 99.9% elimination of airborne coronavirus test surrogates* (Coronavirus 229E and Cystovirus Phi6) with their CleanAir EXP Purification System, a revolutionary air and surface purification solution that combines the most sophisticated in-room sensors with the latest air purification technology to clean indoor air and surfaces of viruses, allergens, pathogens, odors, smoke, mold, ozone and harmful chemicals.

Working with a home or office’s existing heater or air conditioner, the CleanAir EXP’s intelligent, responsive technology works on-demand, enabling consumers to manage their indoor air quality 24/7 in the same way a thermostat works with a HVAC system to control air temperature. The CleanAir EXP’s Air Quality Sensor continuously monitors IAQ, sending minute-by-minute data to the EXP In-Room Monitor, or an app on any smart device, and alerts the EXP Purification unit to turn on or off, based on the air quality requirements set by each user.

The CleanAir EXP’s purification unit is easily installed into the existing air duct of a central residential or commercial HVAC system and uses a patented natural ionization process to cause particles containing harmful viruses, allergens, gases, odors and pathogens to cluster and drop out of the breathable zone throughout the entire building. It also deactivates and destroys the structure of viruses and bacteria, including coronavirus surrogates, E.coli, norovirus, and more.

The newly clean environment then remains clean as changes in IAQ are detected by the system’s sensors, and the purification unit is activated as needed to preserve healthy air quality levels.

In three years of field testing across residential homes and commercial facilities, occupants report that the clean air created by CleanAir EXP has significantly reduced or eliminated flu and virus transmission, asthma and allergy symptoms, eradicated odors, and improved overall health, wellness and productivity in their homes and buildings.

The team at CleanAir EXP is excited about what this recent testing could mean for the future of clean air and continues to pursue additional testing opportunities.

*Biosafety lab analysis performed on active Coronavirus 229E and Cystovirus Phi6 test surrogates

To learn more about CleanAir EXP, and stay up to date on the latest information, continue to visit us here at www.cleanairexp.com.

About CleanAir EXP
With headquarters in Phoenix, Ariz., CleanAir EXP, is committed to bringing safety and security back to the world by purifying indoor air and surfaces for homes and businesses. Originally pioneered in Europe, ionization technology has been successfully deployed in thousands of applications worldwide, providing dramatic improvements in indoor air quality, simultaneously lowering energy consumption and reducing harmful environmental emissions. However, no other technology has been able to deliver the same level of indoor air cleaning power, safety, flexibility, and dependability as the CleanAir EXP system. Nor have they been able to make ionization intelligent by responding in real-time to particle sensors deployed in the occupied space. The executive management team at CleanAir EXP brings together decades of expertise in air purification, automated control systems, IoT (internet of things), and multiple projects completed for NASA and the United States Department of Defense. By combining their broad range of capabilities and expertise, the team at CleanAir EXP has been able to deliver the highest performing indoor air purification technology ever invented.

PP