WTF is happening in the UK?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#2841 Post by Boac » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:03 pm

Of course she wasn't. Of course she followed the police request to go home. No, it wasn't staged for her photographer mate. Are you interested in buying my car? :))

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2842 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:08 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:03 pm
Of course she wasn't. Of course she followed the police request to go home. No, it wasn't staged for her photographer mate. Are you interested in buying my car? :))
Your honour I move that we remove that man from the jury on the basis of bias, illogic (and ***** stirring)! ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2843 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:22 pm

So, the doe-eyed, flame-haired one travelled from Sarfend to protest. I thought it was meant to be a vigil. Has Sarfend moved and is now part of Clapham?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2844 Post by 1DC » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:40 pm

The ginger one said she was given a £200 fine, four were fined altogether but don't know if any of the others have been seeking publicity.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2845 Post by Boac » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:51 pm

I'll stay on the Jury.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2846 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:02 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:51 pm
I'll stay on the Jury.
Having arrested her they were likely to fine her. There is no basis of proof one way or the other in that. Back to logic and justice101 with you. Remark, can do better!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2847 Post by Boac » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:11 pm

.....and the answer is?

PS Talking of 'proof', if she didn't want to politicise a young woman's death then why has she appeared on just about every news outlet today? Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck? Try Occam's razor.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2848 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:17 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:11 pm
.....and the answer is?
The claim that the lady is or was an "agitator" is totally unproven.. Suggest that the plaintiff Boac be deemed a vexatious litigant and barred from this court! =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2849 Post by Boac » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:22 pm

TGG wrote:The claim that the lady is or was an "agitator" is totally unproven
I have not seen that claim, just the merest whiff of seeking publicity. Where is that said?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2850 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:32 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:22 pm
TGG wrote:The claim that the lady is or was an "agitator" is totally unproven
I have not seen that claim, just the merest whiff of seeking publicity. Where is that said?
One might deduce from your specific interest in this lady, and your focus on her and not the many others who were also arrested and also photographed, after a specific point in the afternoon, that she agitates, or at least interests you specifically, in some manner! One will not dwell upon the many possible reasons for your agitation, but one might draw certain conclusions, particularly in the light of some of the other comments you have made about this lady in front of this court today... =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2851 Post by Boac » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:41 pm

My learned friend says that you are of course free to 'deduce' as you choose. Deductions need to be made carefully, Sir.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2852 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:41 pm
My learned friend says that you are of course free to 'deduce' as you choose. Deductions need to be made carefully, Sir.
Indeed Sir, indeed... <<at this stage the court is adjourned for the day and both counsels note that it time for tea and retire to the cafeteria together, laughing and discussing some previous case and the upcoming game of golf they have planned for the coming weekend...>>
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2853 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:48 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:02 pm
PN wrote:Heaven forfend that women might have political opinions and, that our gentle, uncorrupted Metropolitan police force might have overreacted!
I'm sure the GENUINE ones do and I support them. It is the agitator/trouble-makers that I do not support - do you? As for the Met over-reacting - do bears......................?
Must admit I have not come to a conclusion about agiprop yesterday. What I heard on LBC didn't justify the police action. They declined to work with the organisers I heard.

compo
Capt
Capt

#2854 Post by compo » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:17 pm

One wonders how much the Stevenson PR machine paid to have her arrested and held in a position that would provide an opportunity to take identifiable publicity photos.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2855 Post by Boac » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:04 pm

PN wrote:One wonders how much the Stevenson PR machine paid to have her arrested
Nada. Extremely easy to get yourself 'arrested' by refusing the orders issued. What you then do is 'resist' arrest to the stage where the police are legally bound to apply 5 officers to you (don't want to hurt the poor dear, do we? One for each limb and one for the head). Then you make sure your paid/friend photog is in the right place and you turn your head towards the camera with a doe-eyed expression of studied helplessness. Job done. Cheap. A doodle for anyone who has done any actor training. Mass (paid) interviews on the media then follow and a possibly lack-lustre 'starlet' has shot to fame (without the casting couch, so far).

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2856 Post by OFSO » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:15 pm

I wonder what the comparable costs to the police are between accepting a fine, or refusing a fine and being arrested?

prospector
Capt
Capt

#2857 Post by prospector » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:07 pm

An interesting article, is this really what is happening in the UK, and many other places.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/518167-unconsc ... aign=Email

"I went on an unconscious bias course, and you know what? I still don’t like some people… and I’m perfectly OK with that"

"It’s not just the Labour Party, though. The government has shelled out over £400,000 to put civil servants on anti-bias training in the past couple of years. Anyway, now it was my turn. And I came to a revelation. I’ve been ‘suffering’ from a nasty, irrational bias for a very long time, which I feel – in true Oprah style – I must admit to publicly. Here goes. Are you ready?"

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2858 Post by boing » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:06 am

I can honestly say I have no unconscious biases, mine are all conscious, a large proportion of my biases are against want-to-be intellectuals who are always saying they are totally right and I must belong to a sub-human category because I don't agree with them.

I look forward to my viewpoint being aired publicly. I wonder if I should contact Oopra so I can confess?

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

johngreen
FO
FO

#2859 Post by johngreen » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:28 am

I can honestly say I have no unconscious biases, mine are all conscious
I think you need to revisit that thought and statement and examine what you are claiming very, very carefully.
And please do not take that to be a personal attack; it is not. It does however illustrate with some brilliance the vulnerability of humans to convince themselves - and hence others - of how their self judgement, their hopes and wishes, their beliefs and proclaimations, far exceed any possible reality!
Here lies (!) an explanation for a very great deal of humanity's present state of disgrace...

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2860 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:33 pm

I was sent on some type of management course. Roughly speaking we were all managers. We were split in to two teams and given team tasks.

One was build the tallest structure just using sheets of paper and cello tape. GO!

Was there a leader elected? No.
Were there any ideas? Yes.
Could they decide on the best? No

And so it went on.

I made 3 cones. I fastened them to make one. I made another cone. That got to 6 feet. I made a tube and that was as high as it would go as it reached the ceiling.

Meanwhile back at the brains trust.

Each team then reassembled in one room. One creation. Was 3 feet, a square building with door and windows drawn on - that was not in the specification.

They tried to disqualify mine as it looked like a rocket not a building.

Next task was to use a box of bits. I wanted to inventory the bits and see what could be assembled, like how many wheels or pulleys etc. This time I was shouted down. Once they had a plan it had to described to two 'instructors' who would then go the the other team and brief the design and they had to build it from their kit.

Complete mission failure. The boxes of bits were different.

For this we had two facilitators, they had never met before, had never seen the kit, and probably pocketted ££££.

Facillation has to be even better than consultation.