The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2861 Post by 4mastacker » Fri May 26, 2023 9:04 am

If Mr M has his head screwed on he'll say "Sorry, she's not returnable".
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2862 Post by Pinky the pilot » Fri May 26, 2023 11:34 am

No refund on Damaged Goods? :ymdevil:
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2863 Post by Boac » Fri May 26, 2023 11:42 am

Goods should be 'fit for purpose', of course.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2864 Post by OFSO » Fri May 26, 2023 1:22 pm

.... And returned in original packaging...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2865 Post by barkingmad » Sun May 28, 2023 6:42 pm

"Nobody is destroying Harry more effectively than Harry...".

Full marks to David Starkey for this summing-up of the boy's disease;

:-bd :YMAPPLAUSE:

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2866 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue May 30, 2023 9:12 am

A good review of South Park. I didn't understand half of it but this explains the background.

'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2867 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed May 31, 2023 6:58 am

Ginge is in court in London next Tuesday which should be very entertaining. HMK is going hiking in Transylvania. =))
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2868 Post by John Hill » Wed May 31, 2023 9:12 am

I think I can get through life without watching 'South Park'.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2869 Post by 4mastacker » Wed May 31, 2023 10:09 am

I prefer 'The Muppets' - much more entertaining.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

The Jig Might Be UP

#2870 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:11 pm

US court to hear challenge over Prince Harry’s visa following drug revelations

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/01/us/princ ... index.html

Prince Harry’s US immigration records should be unsealed in the light of revelations about drug-taking in his recent book, a conservative think tank will argue in a federal court next week.

The Heritage Foundation is suing the US government to find out if it acted according to procedure when it granted the Duke of Sussex a US visa. Under US immigration law, evidence of past drug use can be grounds to reject an application.

The case will be held in front of a federal judge on June 6 at the US District Court for the District of Columbia.

The Heritage Foundation filed a complaint under the Freedom of Information Act, attempting to compel the government to release Harry’s immigration file. “The requested information is of immense public interest,” reads an amended complaint filed on May 5.

“Widespread and continuous media coverage has surfaced the question of whether DHS [Department of Homeland Security] properly admitted the Duke of Sussex in light of the fact that he has publicly admitted to the essential elements of a number of drug offenses in both the United States and abroad,” it continues.

The original request for Harry’s records was rejected because Harry had not indicated that he “consented to his information being released,” the US Justice Department said in court papers.

In addition, DOJ argues that “citations to speculation about the status of Prince Harry’s visa are not sufficient to meet the standard” to speed up the process of releasing the document.

The Heritage Foundation has long been one of the most influential conservative think tanks in Washington. Nile Gardiner, director of the foundation’s Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom, tweeted on Thursday that there was a public interest in disclosing Harry’s records.

“Given his extensive drug use admissions, normally disqualifying for entry into the United States, the American people deserve answers to the serious questions raised by the evidence,” he wrote in a Twitter post. “Did DHS in fact look the other way, play favorites, or fail to appropriately respond to any potential false statements by Prince Harry?”

CNN has asked a representative for Prince Harry for comment.

Harry most recently confessed to taking various recreational party drugs in his explosive memoir “Spare,” which was published in January.

The Duke of Sussex admitted to having taken cocaine, smoked marijuana and tried magic mushrooms. Harry, who moved to California with Meghan in 2020, has opened up about his experiences with cocaine as a teenager.

“Of course. I had been doing cocaine around this time. At someone’s country house, during a shooting weekend, I’d been offered a line, and I’d done a few more since,” Harry revealed.

“It wasn’t much fun, and it didn’t make me particularly happy, as it seemed to make everyone around me, but it did make me feel different, and that was the main goal.”

Harry described himself as a “deeply unhappy seventeen-year-old boy willing to try almost anything that would alter the status quo.”

Elsewhere in the autobiography, the fifth in line to the throne discussed graduating from smoking tobacco to weed during his days at Eton College, as well as revealing that he tried magic mushrooms during a trip to the United States.

Harry said he briefly stayed at actor Courteney Cox’s house where “we spotted a huge box of black diamond mushroom chocolates” and he and a friend ate several and “washed them down with tequila.”

Prince Harry’s autobiography was not the first time the royal had touched upon his recreational drug use when he was younger.

He previously spoke with Oprah Winfrey of how he abused drugs and alcohol in his late 20s and early 30s as a coping mechanism for the pressures of royal life.

“I was willing to drink, I was willing to take drugs,” he said. “I was willing to try and do the things that made me feel less like I was feeling.”

PP

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2871 Post by OneHungLow » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:02 pm

I thought you meant Trump!

God Damn it.
The observer of fools in military south and north...

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2872 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:05 pm

Well... If it were a choice between the two, I would rather keep Ginge.

PP

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2873 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:10 pm

......The Duke of Sussex admitted to having taken cocaine, smoked marijuana and tried magic mushrooms. Harry, who moved to California with Meghan in 2020, has opened up about his experiences with cocaine as a teenager.

“Of course. I had been doing cocaine around this time. At someone’s country house, during a shooting weekend, I’d been offered a line, and I’d done a few more since,” Harry revealed.

“It wasn’t much fun, and it didn’t make me particularly happy, as it seemed to make everyone around me, but it did make me feel different, and that was the main goal.”

Harry described himself as a “deeply unhappy seventeen-year-old boy willing to try almost anything that would alter the status quo.”

Elsewhere in the autobiography, the fifth in line to the throne discussed graduating from smoking tobacco to weed during his days at Eton College, as well as revealing that he tried magic mushrooms during a trip to the United States....
That would raise the possibility that he was also taking drugs whilst he was undergoing training at RMAS and wherever he did his flying training.

Did he have a "Granny's Pass" or were the directing staff so oblivious to the fact that they could not see/smell the evidence ...and they let him loose on an Apache??

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2874 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:14 am

I think that you are correct 4m.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2875 Post by tango15 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:11 am

There's a programme on the UK's Channel 5 tonight entitled 'Harry & Meghan: is America Turning Against Them?

I shan't be watching, because the current style of these programmes - a string of talking heads who know little or nothing about what they are discussing - just annoys me. However, I can't imagine that such a programme would even have been thought of six months ago.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2876 Post by OFSO » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:05 pm

Will Harry be asked by barrister Andrew Green KC about his drug use next week in Court? Counsel has already raised the matter in earlier proceedings. Sworn to tell the truth and having admitted it in his book, he can hardly deny it. And then a few days later, he re-enters the USA. I am sure that officials he meets will have been instructed not to ask him, but I long for some obstreperous official to do his job and refuse entry.
Stupid Harry.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2877 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:40 pm

There must be many people 'guilty' of using drugs.
Are they all banned from entering the USA?

Why Are People Denied Entry to the US?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2878 Post by Boac » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:48 pm

I think a conviction is required? As far as I know, Harry has only been sentenced by Meghan.... =))

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2879 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:37 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:48 pm
I think a conviction is required? As far as I know, Harry has only been sentenced by Meghan.... =))
Probably banned from smoking and snorting at home so he does it in his hotel room.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2880 Post by Boac » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:25 pm

Do you actually think that a (very minor) US TV Starlet would not partake of same? I get the impression that 'everyone' does it.