Need for a natural disaster of epic proportions, major war or global epidemic.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: Need for a natural disaster of epic proportions, major war or global epidemic.

#241 Post by probes » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:34 am

Dunno. What happened to the old-fashioned hospitality? You go somewhere, you respect them, you do not insist everything should be rearranged according to your traditions. The colonial regimes that used to be... there has to be a better way than washing the feet of the black of today?
Plus, for some celebrities it seems to be 'obligatory' to show up in any 'trendy' protest.
Dunno.
Can't be right?

Even though the killers of anybody should be punished.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Need for a natural disaster of epic proportions, major war or global epidemic.

#242 Post by FD2 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:36 am

I see that nice lady 'Madonna' is showboating in the States.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#243 Post by Boac » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:49 am

NR wrote:And the rider?
Which one of the two chose the job?

Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

#244 Post by Nick Riviera » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:32 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:49 am
NR wrote:And the rider?
Which one of the two chose the job?
I am hoping that you are trying to make a joke because the alternative is that you are a complete ****.

I suppose that all of the health workers that have died deserve no sympathy. After all, they chose the job.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#245 Post by boing » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:49 pm

We are moving towards a difficult choice, determined action or an uneasy compromise. If we choose the uneasy compromise similar situations are going to take place repeatedly in the future, better we take decisive action now and lay down the rules to avoid the repetition.

There are two aspects of western society here that are both being attacked by the protestors/rioters/criminals whatever you want to call them. The first attack is on the rule of law the second attack is on our traditional social order and I think that in many ways we feel the attack on the latter more painfully than the former. "We" do not riot as a part of protest, "We" do not inflict violence on law enforcement, "We" as law enforcement do not over react to fools, "We" as a society do not object to people who join us and share our values. These riots are, I believe, in the long term, designed to bring law enforcement into disrepute so reducing its power and also realign the very values that the majority of the population believe in.

At this stage I put on my dictatorial hat and say I believe the old values are worth defending and if this means a lot of activists in long term incarceration or body bags I am not really concerned. So, my views are fossilsed but I believe in them and will defend them by whatever means are necessary because I see the dangers of anarchy supported by compliant politicians and law makers.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Capetonian

#246 Post by Capetonian » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:20 pm

Unpopular as it may be, I agree with the above (boing).

As I've said elsewhere, if the 'black lives matter' rabble are so worried about Africans, let them go to Africa and sort out some of the real problems there where not just the odd criminal, but thousands of innocent people, die every day as a result of disease, poverty, genocide, and famine imposed upon them by evil despotic regimes, some of whom were pushed into power by the West, but that's another story.

https://www.w24.co.za/selfcare/wellness ... 1637518385
‘I’m scared my boss might see my tweets, that’s why I can’t participate in Black Lives Matter’
Then you haven't even got the courage of your convictions, have you, you spineless twat?

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#247 Post by boing » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:33 pm

pushed into power by the West,
That is why I fear the combination:
of anarchy supported by compliant politicians and law makers.
Rhodesia anyone?

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#248 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Please vote for the proposal in post # 1226 across in O-N thread “WTF...UK” and ensure that the demonstrators will have their burning desires quickly sated!