WTF is happening in the UK?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#3321 Post by OFSO » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Sell them to West Africa. I knew a chap in Germany when I lived there. Had a good business collecting cars which had failed the TüH (the Hessen testing centres, in every other Lande its the TüV), mostly having rusted right through, had failed oil seals, seized brakes, no exhausts and the likes. Sold like hot cakes along the Bight of Benin, etc.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3322 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:58 pm

OFSO wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:59 am
He used a shotgun and held a licence for it. (BBC).
A gunman who killed five people including his own mother and a three-year-old girl during a rampage had his shotgun certificate taken away in December.
However, Jake Davison, 22, had it reinstated by police last month after he attended an anger management course, it has been revealed.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3323 Post by FD2 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:36 pm

PN - yes it is chock-a-block with old nuclear boat hulls stored there and also at Babcock's other facility at Rosyth. Maybe that bow was removed to take the 2000 series(? memory fade) sonar array to a museum or teaching facility in Faslane or Portsmouth.

Somehow 'Jake the Terminator', a 22 year old socially inadequate young man, managed to convince the cops that he needed a pump action shotgun (if that report is true) while living in a suburban area of Plymouth. If true, I've no doubt the cops will be investigating that big red flagged mistake.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3324 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:20 am

FD2, I understood the Jockistan was threatening to expel the boats from Faslane for a nuclear free country. What about Rosyth? That could be interesting it they said move them too.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3325 Post by Boac » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:32 pm

Here you go - sign this! https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/576886

"Make lying in the House of Commons a criminal offence"

That should thin out the place a bit. =))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3326 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:40 pm

How about a petition to stop folks like PMs’ spouses interfering and pontificating on medical matters for which they are not qualified but due to a miscarry they feel qualified so to do?

If she’s not careful she might end up as “Carrie Antoinette”...;

http://www.drdavidgrimes.com/2021/08/ur ... s-and.html ~X(

A further example of the Worldwide madness here;

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=62462

One could not make this sh1t up for a science fiction or satirical novel!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3327 Post by Boac » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:43 pm

Start it and I'll sign it.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3328 Post by OFSO » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:20 pm

Dead and loving it: this is true, it could have been worse. If you've been vaccinated, two shots, you go to heaven. If not, you go to hell. One shot, you go to purgatory and wait for eternity for the second vaccination.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3329 Post by Boac » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:30 am

A little insight into the Tory party ways:

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3330 Post by FD2 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:34 pm

Pathetic Council Caves to Wokery

Sir Francis Drake statue will get a plaque about his 'horrific slave trading expeditions' despite being backed by one person and receiving 89 objections

The sculpture of Sir Francis Drake is based in the explorer's home town of Tavistock, West Devon
A new plaque that claims he 'brutally attacked' African communities authorised
The plans are going ahead despite officials receiving 89 written objections and only one letter of support

By Kamal Sultan For The Daily Mail

Published: 07:44 AEST, 17 August 2021 | Updated: 07:48 AEST, 17 August 2021
Drake 1.png

Plans to rebrand a statue of Sir Francis Drake to highlight his 'horrific slave trading expeditions' are going ahead despite receiving only one letter of support – and 89 objections.

The sculpture, based in the explorer's home town of Tavistock, West Devon, was reviewed by local council officials in the wake of Black Lives Matter protests.

Now a new sign that claims he 'brutally attacked' African communities has been authorised.

Sir Francis is renowned for circumnavigating the world in a single expedition on his ship the Golden Hind from 1577 to 1580 and for defeating the Spanish Armada in 1588.
The sculpture, based in the explorer's home town of Tavistock, West Devon, was reviewed by local council officials in the wake of Black Lives Matter protests. Now a new sign that claims he 'brutally attacked' African communities has been authorised

The sculpture, based in the explorer's home town of Tavistock, West Devon, was reviewed by local council officials in the wake of Black Lives Matter protests. Now a new sign that claims he 'brutally attacked' African communities has been authorised

The plan for the new plaque was raised by Tavistock town council with West Devon borough council, which approved it.

Officials received 89 written objections to the proposal, including some that argued Sir Francis was a 'national hero' and a 'seminal historical figure'.

There was just one letter of support which urged officials to put his defeat of the Spanish Armada in the 'most prominent position' on the sign. The statue currently features a brief biography set in granite at its base.

The new panel, which will stand next to the sculpture, will read: 'His life story is full of contrasts. He was seen as a hero for being the first Englishman to sail right around the world, and he played a major role in defending England from the Spanish Armada.

'But he was also involved in several horrific slave trading expeditions. Furthermore, as a privateer he looted and plundered Spanish towns and ships in Europe and throughout their Empire in the Americas.'

The sign will 'provide understanding to residents and visitors', according to planning documents for the scheme.

One objection to it said there was 'no need for an information sign that would pander to an anti-British mob'.

Another claimed: 'For the overwhelming majority of the British people, Drake will always be remembered as one of our nation's greatest heroes.'

'Captain art thou sleeping there below?' I think his drum will be beating soon.
Attachments
Drake 2.png

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3331 Post by llondel » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:44 pm

I can see that sign getting regularly vandalised then.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3332 Post by FD2 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:08 pm

I hope so, as local people fight back against the woke tyranny llondel. I spent part of my schooling in Plymouth and we were intensely proud of the old chap. I still have large parts of 'Drake's Drum' lodged in my memory over 60 years later! https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/drake-s-drum/

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3333 Post by FD2 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:10 am

The wokes are a more insidious, creeping threat to us all than ever the belligerent Dons were to England. Someone had better start beating Drake's Drum and they can be beaten back to where they should be and society can get back to normality again. :D Here is their description of the man and his exploits. https://www.tavistock.gov.uk/drake-statue Calm down dears, that was just the way it was back then in the 16th Century - not nice, but the 'past is a different country'. :(

I am thinking of starting a thread where people can post information about particularly outrageous or stupid examples of woke behaviour! ~X(

prospector
Capt
Capt

#3334 Post by prospector » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:53 am

How about this for a starter

//www.rt.com/op-ed/523594-operation-anime ... -soldiers/

"Meet Emma, one of the soldiers who operates the US Patriot Missile Defense Systems. But instead of describing her job duties, this young woman finds it necessary to explain at length that she was raised in California by two moms, an arrangement that she calls a “fairly typical childhood.” Of the five characters featured in the campaign, incidentally, Emma is the only representative of the white Caucasian race (the ad features an Asian American, two immigrants, and two African-American females). Her white father, conspicuously missing in action, is replaced by a “powerful” woman who “married my other mom,” suggesting that it is biologically possible to have two moms, a real prerequisite for military service, I suppose."

Or this https://www.rt.com/op-ed/532222-taliban ... aign=Email

"In the years since 9/11 a political divide emerged within America that widened through the Obama years, continued to expand during Trump’s tenure and, despite Biden’s claims to the contrary, still grows today. We have seen the definitions of words constantly changed or applied in places that make no sense. Terms like racist, homophobe, and sexist are used as epithets for people that others don't agree with rather than for those who genuinely hate black people, gays or women. In the age of social media, it seems we can’t even work out who the terrorists are, either"

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3335 Post by barkingmad » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:51 am

Meanwhile, back in Blighty, do you ever get the impression you’re being ripped off at every opportunity by commerce and guvvment?

Even more shameful is the widening acknowledgement that the Probable Crap Result and the LFTs are notoriously inaccurate and should cease forthwith, but that would bring the entire Covid1984 scam to a rapid halt with millions of aggrieved citizens baying for blood under the lampposts.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3336 Post by Boac » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:26 am

No expense spared for the Foreign Secretary on holiday in Crete

E9SxFzaXEAUxFu9.jpg
E9SxFzaXEAUxFu9.jpg (72.2 KiB) Viewed 427 times

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3337 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:58 am

Glad it wasn't at Cap d’Agde.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3338 Post by om15 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:24 pm

A (female) DCC has introduced a new colour scheme for police cars, in an effort to make them less intimidating and supposedly to assist in "hate crime" (whatever that might be), here is the new look.
nintchdbpict000333778042.jpg
I would rather that the police cars were made rather more intimidating and that the occupants were directed to stop box tickers stabbing passers by rather than promoting sodomy, but this is 2021 in the UK, we have lost the plot completely, this woke crap is undermining our society.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3339 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:49 pm

I'd rather the police got on with the job of enforcing the law and nicking criminals instead of all this PC woke crapness.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3340 Post by OFSO » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:00 pm

At least sodomy is still optional. It used to be "the love that dare not speak it's name." Now it's the love that won't shut up.