John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Racism

#41 Post by John Hill » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:12 am

boing wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:53 am
No John,

You have now raised birtherism which was never a part of your original claim. You said "when Obama got to be POTUS...".
When Obama got to be POTUS he was subjected race based opposition from whites of the highest levels, why was that?
"Birtherism" raises questions about someones ability to legally become President of the US due to the place/time/relationships of their birth it does not necessarily imply racism. The birther argument could equally have been used against my children since they were born in England of an American mother.
It was used to claim someone was a black African born in Kenya.
I do not remember anyone saying that Obama must be ineligible to become President because he was black and certainly not anyone at the highest levels (mainly because that would have been political suicide). Please give me a genuine response supporting your original claim.
Trump.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#42 Post by prospector » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:32 am

' Better still use Adolf Hitler or 'Joe Stalin'' How is that relevant? We were discussing black presidents.

And further to the Floyd discussion, he may have expired with the policemans knee on his neck, but he was going to die anyway because of the overdose of Fentanyl.

https://www.livescience.com/58682-fenta ... stics.html

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#43 Post by boing » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:34 am

No John,

Still not good enough. You are deflecting the discussion. You claim was:
When Obama got to be POTUS he was subjected race based opposition from whites of the highest levels, why was that?

Please answer regarding this first statement or should we say you simply mis-spoke. Who and when from the highest level publicly demonstrated race based opposition? Very simple question.

Stop wiggling and justify your claim.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by John Hill » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:40 am

Trump.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:01 am

Since we are talking about race, may I ask a question that I've never heard answered.

Black folk are terrific athletes. Boxing,running, jumping etc. But never in the pool.

Why are there never black swimmers?

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by boing » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:04 am

Yes John, we know that you know the name of the President of the United States, very good, have a B.

Now for the comprehension part of the exam. The statement has been made:
The questions you are to comprehend and answer is who made such a statement, when was it made, where was it made and in what medium did the person at the "highest level" speak?

You seem to have some trouble understanding this question, if you need more amplification please let me know otherwise I will have to drop your B to an F.
the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#47 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:08 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:01 am
Since we are talking about race, may I ask a question that I've never heard answered.

Black folk are terrific athletes. Boxing,running, jumping etc. But never in the pool.

Why are there never black swimmers?
Don't dis Eric the Eel Atom! =))

Eric Moussambani

Actually there are plenty of superb black swimmers in SA...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:15 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:45 pm
Imagine living all that time in Africa, and never producing a sea going boat?

All that coastline,all those trees, all that manpower....result?

Nada. Nowt. Bugger-all.
When you've got all the resources you could possibly want, why would you go on dangerous ocean voyages to get some more of what you already have in abundance?

Anyway, it seems that inhabitants of the Rift Valley seem to have done a pretty good job of spreading themselves and their descendants pretty far and wide, while the European Neanderthals were getting wiped out by their own stupidity.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:19 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:15 am
AtomKraft wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:45 pm
Imagine living all that time in Africa, and never producing a sea going boat?

All that coastline,all those trees, all that manpower....result?

Nada. Nowt. Bugger-all.
When you've got all the resources you could possibly want, why would you go on dangerous ocean voyages to get some more of what you already have in abundance?

Anyway, it seems that inhabitants of the Rift Valley seem to have done a pretty good job of spreading themselves and their descendants pretty far and wide, while the European Neanderthals were getting wiped out by their own stupidity.
+1
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:21 am

I'm not saying blacks can't swim, just they never appear, for example in the Olympic pool.

Or, if it's easier for you, they are seriously under represented in the Olympic pool.🤓

I know 5,000 black kids drown every year in one lake in Africa, so clearly they swim a bit..

(Victoria btw)

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#51 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:22 am

Where's the credit in having half the worlds natural resources, but not bothering to use them?

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by boing » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:24 am

John,

The reason I question that Trump would have made any racist comment about Obama as you claim is that by the time Trump decided to run for President, June 2015, Obama was in his second term and already leaving office. Your sentence implies that the comments were made "When Obama got to be POTUS..." which would have been in 2008, well before Trump was even known to most of the population and seemingly well before he had any interest in politics and he was certainly not at a "highest level".

I rather think that blaming the racist opposition to Obama on Trump is a figment of an imagination suffering from malicious Trumpophobia. Would you like to retract?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#53 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:28 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:21 am
I'm not saying blacks can't swim, just they never appear, for example I the Olympic pool.

I know 5,000 black kids drown every year in one lake in Africa, so clearly they swim a bit..

(Victoria btw)
There are not many pools and swimming teachers in Africa as a % of the population. Perhaps, as a good Scot you may elect to do what my Scottish gym teacher Mr McNaughton did in Cape Town, and spend his holidays teaching black kids to swim.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:34 am

boing wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:24 am
John,

The reason I question that Trump would have made any racist comment about Obama as you claim is that by the time Trump decided to run for President, June 2015, Obama was in his second term and already leaving office. Your sentence implies that the comments were made "When Obama got to be POTUS..." which would have been in 2008, well before Trump was even known to most of the population and seemingly well before he had any interest in politics and he was certainly not at a "highest level".

I rather think that blaming the racist opposition to Obama on Trump is a figment of an imagination suffering from malicious Trumpophobia. Would you like to retract?

It is amazing to see the verbal contortions of veracity that you pro Trump sophists will go through to try and defend your perfidious but also pathetic hero.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#55 Post by boing » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:41 am

GG,
Are you saying that the Rift Valley residents and the Neanderthals were two separate but contemporary developments of mankind?

The Rift Valley residents seem to have had a better life than the Neanderthals for a period of time but it did not help them in the long term did it?

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by boing » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:43 am

GG,
It is amazing to see the verbal contortions of veracity that you pro Trump sophists will go through to try and defend your perfidious but also pathetic hero.
Cut the insults and attack the argument if you are able to do so. I breathlessly await your reasoned response.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#57 Post by John Hill » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:45 am

From Wiki.
During Barack Obama's campaign for president in 2008, throughout his presidency, and afterwards, "there was extensive news coverage of Obama's religious preference, birthplace, and of the individuals questioning his Christianity and citizenship—efforts eventually known as the 'birther movement'",[2] by which it is widely referred across media.[3][4][5][6][7][8][9] The movement falsely asserted Obama was ineligible to be President of the United States because he was not a natural-born citizen of the U.S. as required by Article Two of the Constitution. Birther conspiracy theories were predominantly held by conservatives and Republicans, as well as individuals with anti-Black attitudes.[10][11]

Theories alleged that Obama's published birth certificate was a forgery—that his actual birthplace was not Hawaii but Kenya. Other theories alleged that Obama became a citizen of Indonesia in childhood, thereby losing his U.S. citizenship. Still others claimed that Obama was not a natural-born U.S. citizen because he was born a dual citizen (British and American). A number of political commentators have characterized these various claims as a racist reaction to Obama's status as the first African-American president of the United States.[12]

These claims were promoted by fringe theorists (pejoratively referred to as "birthers"), the most prominent among whom was Donald Trump, who would later succeed Obama as president. Some theorists sought court rulings to declare Obama ineligible to take office, or to grant access to various documents which they claimed would support such ineligibility; none of these efforts succeeded. Some political opponents, especially in the Republican Party, have expressed skepticism about Obama's citizenship or been unwilling to acknowledge it;[13] some have proposed legislation which would require presidential candidates to provide proof of eligibility.[13]

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#58 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:47 am

boing wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:41 am
GG,
Are you saying that the Rift Valley residents and the Neanderthals were two separate but contemporary developments of mankind?

The Rift Valley residents seem to have had a better life than the Neanderthals for a period of time but it did not help them in the long term did it?
We are those Rift Valley residents!

The Neanderthals got wiped out. Sapiens didn't (or hasn't yet).

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:11 am

boing wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:43 am
GG,
Cut the insults and attack the argument if you are able to do so. I breathlessly await your reasoned response.

Your previous line of argument was/is specious. So much so that calling you a sophist is a statement of fact! Nothing more, nothing less. Put that line of reason in your pipe and smoke it. You are not worth the time in genteel reasoned argument I would give to more honest men, with whom I may disagree!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by boing » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:54 am

UP,

If we accept the standard theory that human life began in Africa the peoples who were later called Neanderthals were simply a migration and branch from the African stock. Do you accept that theory or do you believe that by some astronomically unlikely coincidence two groups of Hominids developed individually? In any case I would not be so fast as to completely write off the Neanderthals.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/africa/a ... index.html
We all likely have a bit of Neanderthal in our DNA -- including Africans who had been thought to have no genetic link to our extinct human relative, a new study finds.
Evidence that our early ancestors had babies with Neanderthals first emerged in 2010 when the first genome, extracted from the bones of the Stone Age hominims who populated Europe until around 40,000 years ago, was sequenced.
The claim that we are Rift Valley residents is beautifully poetic but about as accurate as claiming an elephant is a dinosaur, both are big with odd bits attached but there is absolutely no valid comparison after a hundred thousand years of evolution.