A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Climate Crisis!!!!

#641 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:09 am

More on the coal-to-the-rescue story above;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65907342

But does not the black art of “carbon capture” require more energy, especially when ‘technology’ is employed and anyway plants seem to like and NEED CO2 according to our biology teacher?

Added to that is all this rewinding bollocks and allowing William Gates Esq to purchase vast areas of arable land in the USA for unknown purposes.

What are TPTB up to now, following the disaster of the last 3 years? :-?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Engineered Climate Crisis!!!!

#642 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:36 am

THEY WERE RIGHT AND I WAS WRONG, IT IS MANMADE AFTER ALL ! !

All these hurricanes, heatwaves, torrential rain, floods and other extreme events are actually due to Homo sapiens.

But those Climate Emergency Fearmongers running Project Fear Mk2 are being economical with the truth if this account of deliberate interference has a basis in fact;

https://rumble.com/v2tm356-ben-livingst ... ather.html

So maybe all this EV, gas boiler and “Net Zero” bollocks is a sham, very much like the disaster of the last 3 years of deadly lab-manufactured pathogens stalking humanity ”following an accidental or deliberate release”.

But the ‘narrative’ suits the story being hyped by such as William Gates, who is also dabbling in weather modification but his meeting soon with the CCP gaffer President Xi gives me no confidence that he has OUR best interests at heart, if he actually has a heart... X(

Edited to add the summary for those who can’t/won’t watch videos;

“Veteran weather modification expert Ben Livingston is a former Navy Physicist who briefed President Lyndon B. Johnson on the effectiveness of weather control back in the 1960's during the Vietnam era, when he was involved in cloud seeding programs that worked to slow down the advance of Vietnamese and Korean troops. Livingston asserts that asserts that hurricane control was a national priority of the government more than 40 years ago and that the technology was fully operational to control the weather at the time”.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#643 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:46 am

Meanwhile here is another example of the Beeb’s obsession with the ‘Climate Emergency’ and we can be certain their doom mongering has been passed by the Trusted News Initiative and certified by the ‘Verify’ process, wotever that is;

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/16/ ... -aviation/

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#644 Post by Boac » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:43 am

Interesting tweets: apologies for the repetition of stuff - it seems to be a Twatter thing

and

I suspect we will see some significant shifts in weather in Europe over the summer.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#645 Post by OneHungLow » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:30 am

I must send that last post to my idiot climate change sceptic friend, currently filling young Muscovite children's heads full of twaddle at the English International School there. The worst of it is that he is a geography teacher and should be able to read the mathematical, statistical and scientific runes, but in fact chooses a blind belief set based upon cussed wrong mindedness bereft of an iota of the scientific method, to inform himself, and his young students, no doubt.
The observer of fools in military south and north...

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#646 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:06 pm

Wow!
Let's edit a global image to show only the hot bits.
Let's edit out the bit that shows Eastern Canadian waters are f#ckin' freezing, and Fox3 has his winter hat on, indoors, on June 18th, and will have to bring his container plants indoors tomorrow.
Ditto the North American western seaboard.
But am I claiming this is a new Ice Age? I am not.

https://www.ospo.noaa.gov/data/cb/ssta/ ... urrent.png

Some places are hot and others cold.
This transition is perfectly normal when La Nina switches straight to El Nino.

Data cherry-pickers are NOT scientists.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#647 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:19 pm

I am sooh glad to learn about these surface water conditions, as I recall the last time I plunged my frail frame into sea water the same effect was evident, whether it was the North Atlantic off NornIron or the Aegean and Ionian seas whilst on yachting holidays.

However, the layer of warm water was approx the depth of part of my anatomy and once below that layer, it was obvious what was the real bulk sea temperature and not the thin veneer which had been subjected to solar heating.

We don’t need NASA to point out this obvious effect of basic physics and it might be just a coincidence that British Isles and EU coastal waters have been significantly warmed, temporarily, by the recent heatwave, it being summer and all that.

But please don’t let the facts get in the way of a good “Climate Emergency” puff piece.

And boac, thanks for the heads up on the S W Oireland temperatures as now that I’m aware of these tropical environs I will be packing my Speedos so’s I may sample the waters during my cycling holiday in Kerry at the end of August!

But woe betide anyone pushing this freak weather phenomena, especially if I discover my nearest and dearest have shrunk back into their housings as a result of the real water temperature! :-o :)) =))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#648 Post by Boac » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:12 pm

Fox3 wrote:This transition is perfectly normal when La Nina switches straight to El Nino.
I cannot see how El N can be responsible at all. Surely this is an AMOC event? 4-5 Degrees is a bit more than an El N event.

Likewise would you include a pool of cold water on the Eastern seaboard on your map if you were showing the area of significantly raised temperature in the eastern north Atlantic??? The author is, note, not a 'global warming' exponent, but an 'extreme weather' observer.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#649 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:07 pm

SST-ANOMALY-NORTH-ATL.jpg
This explains the current effect of the El Nino transition on the Jetstream, and hence on air temperatures, and hence on the Sea Surface Temperatures we are seeing - cold this side and warm your side.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-envir ... ing-point/
But the effects of El Niño are not confined to the Pacific Ocean. The ocean-air heat exchange results in changes in the atmospheric steering flow and pressure systems in the Atlantic as well. These changes in weather over the Atlantic Ocean, some related to El Niño, can have significant impacts on surface ocean temperatures.

At the same time, in the high latitudes of Canada and the far North Atlantic, a very blocked jet stream pattern has persisted for weeks. These persistent weather patterns have a significant impact on the underlying sea surface temperatures. Areas where it is sunny and calm tend to warm up and cloudy, windy areas tend to cool.

Canada has been trapped under a heat dome leading to record-setting wildfires and the US eastern seaboard/ western Atlantic has been stuck under the opposite — a cool dip in the jet stream. And over on the other side of the Atlantic, an ocean heat dome has been present near Europe.

The result of this stubborn configuration is a cooler-than-normal NW Atlantic and a much warmer-than-normal NE Atlantic.
The blocked Jetstream is partly due to the North Atlantic pressure patterns - persistent Low over Greenland - but this is exacerbated by El Nino steering the Jetstream further south over Eastern Canada, an effect increased by the persistent La Nina which preceded it.

We've had weird weather all Winter and Spring here. This blocking has been causing many weather systems to stall, and of course you get the effect of that in the UK a few days later.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#650 Post by OneHungLow » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:56 pm

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:06 pm
Wow!
Let's edit a global image to show only the hot bits.
Let's edit out the bit that shows Eastern Canadian waters are f#ckin' freezing, and Fox3 has his winter hat on, indoors, on June 18th, and will have to bring his container plants indoors tomorrow.
Ditto the North American western seaboard.
But am I claiming this is a new Ice Age? I am not.

https://www.ospo.noaa.gov/data/cb/ssta/ ... urrent.png

Some places are hot and others cold.
This transition is perfectly normal when La Nina switches straight to El Nino.

Data cherry-pickers are NOT scientists.

Yeah but the funny thing is that most self appointed experts on the internet, which ever side of the so-called grand debate, ref. global warming or not, they fall, are very often the worst kind of data cherry-pickers or ignorers, and who are for the most part not scientists!

I tend to be more interested in the big data number crunchers like the re-insurers who have big billion dollar stakes weighed in understanding these global climate trends and who are fundamentally pricing global climate change risk into their contracts in the medium to long term e.g. https://www.munichre.com/en/risks/climate-change.html

On this subject I am more apt to be interested in reading the scientific input from the NOAA etc. rather than folks like my geography teacher friend who is just one more egregious example of a "data cherry-picker" alongside the sort of simplistic, dare I say, Panglossian stuff that gets posted here and all over the internet.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#651 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:06 pm

Agreed.
I look at the insurers too.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#652 Post by Boac » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:19 pm

Fox3 wrote:Let's edit a global image to show only the hot bits.
You really have allowed your phobia of 'global warming alarmists' to colour your reaction here, and not thought about facts. Hence your paranoid reaction "But am I claiming this is a new Ice Age? I am not." Did you notice he was not claiming a new desert age either? All the guy I showed was doing was telling you what is happening, not why. Facts not phobia.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#653 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:35 pm

So, why have you put it on a climate thread if it's just weather?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#654 Post by Boac » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:53 pm

Err - weather is climate and we don't have a 'weather' thread?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#655 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:07 pm

Weather is not climate.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/noaa ... ather.html

Seems like a simple misunderstanding here.
I assumed your post was on climate, that being the thread title.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#656 Post by OneHungLow » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:26 pm

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:07 pm
Weather is not climate.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/noaa ... ather.html

Seems like a simple misunderstanding here.
I assumed your post was on climate, that being the thread title.
Climate is definitely the average weather over a certain time frame though.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#657 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:27 pm

Quite.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#658 Post by OneHungLow » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:28 pm

Whether or not this is a part of a climatological crisis, this potential hurricane is part of the climate in the Caribbean....
An Atlantic tropical depression has sparked fears that it could strengthen into Hurricane Bret and take aim at the Caribbean.

The National Hurricane Center says that Tropical Depression 3 is currently around 1,425 miles east of the Southern Windward Islands and had maximum sustained winds of 35 mph. It was moving west at 21 mph.

The NHC says that if the depression strengthens and becomes a hurricane it would be renamed Hurricane Bret.

“This motion is expected to continue for the next several days. On the forecast track, the system should be approaching the Lesser Antilles late this week,” the NHC said. “Some strengthening is forecast, and the depression is forecast to become a hurricane in a few days.”

Models show that the depression could be a tropical storm by Monday night.

“Then, the official forecast does have it becoming a Category 1 hurricane approaching the Caribbean Islands, the Lesser Antilles Islands, and the Caribbean,” Max Defender 8 Meteorologist Amanda Holly said.

Tropical Depression Three is feeding off the “extremely warm waters” in the Atlantic.

“We’re talking record warm water temperatures for this time of year, and that’s why we’re seeing in this type of development right now,” she added.

The 2022 hurricane season saw 14 named storms (winds of 39 mph or greater), of which eight became hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or greater). Two of those grew into major hurricanes with winds of 111mph or stronger, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

An average hurricane season has 14 named storms, seven hurricanes and three major hurricanes, says NOAA.
https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-c ... 60383.html

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#659 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:54 am

Golly gosh, it’s forecast to get very warm in Blighty today, so I was getting worried until a close friend reminded me that here we’re in mid-summer and, erm, it does tend to get warmer, even if you’re not sitting beside the runway at an active airfield.

Then I recalled from early RAF Met lectures that such warming results in increased humidity which can then be followed by atmospheric instability resulting in thunderstorms.

So now I have to return to the drawing board and restart my ark build, hopefully in time for the apocalyptic floods promised by the Climate Emergency Fearmongers.

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/06/22/new ... -globally/

After reading this I’ve cancelled that waste of time and effort and will continue to enjoy a real summer, like what we used to experience before the Ice Age prediction of the 1970s.

But the consolation is that out there many otherwise incapable graduates are earning loadsa dosh by climbing onto the Crisis bandwagon which we hope will neither self-combust spontaneously nor get washed away in the floods. =))

This afternoon’s DanAirDiners’ lunch will provide welcome relief from the gutwrenching fear which envelopes me every time I (rarely) listen to the BBC. =))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Climate Crisis!!

#660 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:44 am

Is it possible that the plan by mad Bill Gates to seed the upper atmosphere with a magic dust which is intended to shield the globe from that nasty old sun is not going according to plan, unlike his depopulation agenda?

I may have to take exceptional measures this summer in order to keep my cool, including cancelling that camping holiday at the RAF Coningsby perimeter fence;

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/06/20/cli ... o-decades/

And to cap it all the water companies are blaming the relatively early water shortages on the new fad for Working From Home!

No mention of Brexit In Name Only so thank goodness that one went undetected ! ! ~X(