BREXIT - A Poll & Discussion

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts

Do you think the UK leaving the European Union would be a good thing?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 50

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: BREXIT - A Poll & Discussion

#2981 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:50 pm

I looked, oodles of fake signatures
https://order-order.com/2019/03/21/fore ... ignatures/

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2982 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:42 pm

Let me know when they get to 17.4 million signatures.

We know a song about that, don't we boys and girls!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2983 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:54 pm

..which is currently the best selling song on Amazon music!

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#2984 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:23 pm
KnC. If the UK and its populace are so unappealing to you, why don't you renounce your nationality and naff off to some Marxist hellhole where you might find what you appear to want and where your odious, repellent and twisted views might be accepted.

Of course we know the answer.

I feel.sorry for any country that might accept you, on the other hand it would be a clear indication that it's not a place I'd set foot in.
Actually, I quite like most of the UK population...unfortunately, there are various demographics who could best be described as "life's naturals "

I like the last bit though........even more so as I was here long before you arrived.

" The British are generally laid back and reserved until someone pisses them off and then it's Caveat Pissor. Catches a lot of people out when the Brits dig in on a point of principle and such responses are typical when caught out "

Some of can be laid back but when it comes to points of principle, there are those who profess to be in authority who don't take kindly to resistance to their principles. As for the "Brit abroad ", sorry, that's not a stereotype, it's a fact.

Apart from encountering them socially, albeit avoided asap thereafter, I've also worked with them. Classic example...Toulouse....the arrogant tosser I was with ordered dinner one night in the hotel restaurant "Steak, well done with chips ! " never forgotten that....I was on the second bottle of wine sooner rather than later as it was evident from the look on the waiters face he "wasn't impressed" hence the delay. Breakfast, everyday. I speak a little French so greeted the waitress with this...the French are receptive to polite people who try and speak French...and lo and behold, my breakfast, when ordering a cooked one, arrives in a few mins...SFB's arrives "sometime later " and cold. The Brit abroad can be utterly embarrassing if you are British and don't share their consummate arrogance.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2985 Post by om15 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:29 pm

"Steak, well done with chips ! "
is exactly how a meal should be ordered when in France, depending on circumstances a caveat should also be issued to make sure that it isn't horse.
I have had many meals in France, all disappointing, most inedible, and with appalling service. The French simply can't cook properly, their effeminate lisping chefs unable to serve a nice pie or roast beef, whenever practical it is advisable to take your own sandwiches when visiting France.

There is mounting evidence that project "No Deal" could be swinging into play, the CAA are sending out multiple emails on changes to the ANO, how Engineers, MROs and CAMOs can deal with a no deal exit, perhaps Mrs May is going to go nuclear next week, I do hope so.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2986 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:37 pm

Her deal will be rejected, and not long after she'll be ejected.

It was always going to be no deal.

There are some deals that are truly impossible to do- so one walks.

In this case, we'll end up walking.

Capetonian

#2987 Post by Capetonian » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:44 pm

KnC.
How the hell do you purport to know when and where I arrived, as you put it, you pompous, presumptuous, fatuous, obnoxious idiot.

om15 comments on France and their disgusting overrated food and lousy service are spot on.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2988 Post by ian16th » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:19 pm

It is beginning to look like the EU does not want the UK to 'Crash out' of the EU with 'No Deal'.

Doesn't this indicate that a No Deal Bexit is good for the UK?
Cynicism improves with age

compo
Capt
Capt

#2989 Post by compo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Eh? e.g. "Please don't commit suicide" doesn't indicate that I think suicide is good for you.

Sisemen

#2990 Post by Sisemen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 am

55560413_10157712586984386_1551089321115648000_n.jpg

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2991 Post by Woody » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:46 am

I suppose Nigel’s march will have to do a couple of more laps now.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2992 Post by OFSO » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:10 am

EU leaders are feeding May's delusions that her deal will get approved - even if Berkowitz allows the vote. That nasty little piece of work Macron want to torpedo the UK completely, but French news said this morning that his own industrial base is telling him they need a deal. Meanwhile Macron's three top sides including his chief of staff are being investigated for corruption. Ho hum.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#2993 Post by Krystal n Chips » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:31 am

om15 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:29 pm
"Steak, well done with chips ! "
is exactly how a meal should be ordered when in France, depending on circumstances a caveat should also be issued to make sure that it isn't horse.
I have had many meals in France, all disappointing, most inedible, and with appalling service. The French simply can't cook properly, their effeminate lisping chefs unable to serve a nice pie or roast beef, whenever practical it is advisable to take your own sandwiches when visiting France.

There is mounting evidence that project "No Deal" could be swinging into play, the CAA are sending out multiple emails on changes to the ANO, how Engineers, MROs and CAMOs can deal with a no deal exit, perhaps Mrs May is going to go nuclear next week, I do hope so.
I am saddened to note your palate has been desecrated by a diet of boiled beef and carrots ( English only ! ) and spotted dick for pudding...dessert if yer posh of course. I take it from your last paragraph that the use of the pen as a rectification tool will now have to be non EASA compliant when used on G reg aircraft. One always found the pen to be invaluable you understand as its use negated the pinkies being sullied with oil and grease and stuff...yuk !

By the way, your crush on Andrea...soopah gel what !...is this the same Andrea who had a bit of a hissy fit yesterday, who made a helpful suggestion about immigration recently and who thought Jane Austen was still alive ?..

"The Long March "....you will be delighted as no doubt were the rest of Farage's Fusilier's Battalion, well maybe platoon or Boy Scout troop, that a Portaloo has now joined the cavalcade.....and what better place to store morale boosting DVD's of Nige than in the receptacle for its intended use.

" KnC.
How the hell do you purport to know when and where I arrived, as you put it, you pompous, presumptuous, fatuous, obnoxious idiot.

Ah, well, it's like this. You have always stated you originate from South Africa, which, as far as I am aware, is a few thousand miles from the UK...I am open to being educated otherwise of course, thus at some point it's reasonable to assume to crossed the oceans and land masses to arrive at our green and fragrant shores.....unless you are an exponent of telekinesis by any chance ?.....alternatively, you could have been living in the rear end of the world such as Leeds, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Halifax...and Lincolnshire..for many years and thus your life in South Africa was but an extended figment of your vivid imagination /

Sisemen

#2994 Post by Sisemen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:45 am

for pudding...dessert if yer posh of course

Well, funny old thing ... it's quite the opposite! Look it up.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#2995 Post by Krystal n Chips » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:04 am

Sisemen wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:45 am
for pudding...dessert if yer posh of course

Well, funny old thing ... it's quite the opposite! Look it up.
I did...but clearly it depends on the custard wot gets dolloped, sorry, ladled, on the spotted dick as to whether afters is then classed as sweet or savoury ....thank heavens for semantics when it comes to culinary terms ! What was it called on the Cranners knife fork n spoon module out of interest ?

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2996 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:05 am

More fcuking tripe from our Krystal.
You should try reading what you write, it's painful.

Sisemen

#2997 Post by Sisemen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:19 am

You haven't got a chip on your shoulder K&C - it looks more like a sack of spuds on both shoulders.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2998 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:21 am

If, as seems likely, her third attempt to impose the EUrocrats 500 page list of conditions upon Brexit is rejected by the Commons next week, what then?

Her applied-for extension of Article 50 to June was rejected, but she was offered an extension to just before the Euro-elections on 23 May. That is a bit of a nonsense extension as the purpose of the extension was to buy her more time to push for MV3.

It occurs to me that there is nothing to stop her resetting the 2 year clock by the artifice of cancelling the existing Art 50 declaration and making a new one a minute later. This would buy her another two years in Number 10 and give her some more time to fiddlefart around with that damned 500 pages of arsewipe.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2999 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:25 am

Eh? e.g. "Please don't commit suicide" may indicate that I think your suicide is bad for me.

There are 3 sides to every piece of toast. :)

Capetonian

#3000 Post by Capetonian » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:28 am

"I am open to being educated otherwise of course"
Obviously it's too late for that.
Suggest you use your limited mental faculties before jumping to conclusions and opening that mouth.
As others have said, try reading what you write, or preferably, not writing anything.