BREXIT - A Poll & Discussion

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts

Do you think the UK leaving the European Union would be a good thing?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 50

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

Re: BREXIT - A Poll & Discussion

#4041 Post by Krystal n Chips » Wed May 29, 2019 5:10 am

For those who are capable of understanding sardonic humour, here's today's offering...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ty-cartoon

For those who are concerned about political liabilities would now be a good time to mention one Mr Hunt ?....Mr Hunt some may recall was confused about his wife's nationality, along with some trivial accounting problems, so it's nice to see he's following in Treeza's footsteps with a "U" turn as to a "no deal Brexit "

However, coming soon is this enthralling viewing. I appreciate, that, as on TOP, the BBC is not held in overly high esteem, staffed by pinko's etc, biased, and having had the audacity to not only stop broadcasting in black and white...and.....abolishing the Home Service !...and, worse still, stopped playing the National Anthem!! ( now there's a dirge if ever there was one ) so the viewing figures for these debates may well be reduced. That said, it's always entertaining to watch, and listen to, these debates.....given the success of this Gov't so far.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48437124

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4042 Post by OFSO » Wed May 29, 2019 11:09 am

So that's Boris f*cked then. Charged with three counts of lying in public office. Westminster for initial hearing and then on to Crown Court. Pity more politicians can't be hauled up before the beak for mendaciousness. T M for one....

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4043 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed May 29, 2019 11:17 am

This is a private prosecution attempt, doubtless by someone who wants Boris out of the leadership race. The question everyone will ask is, why wait till now?
Like similar stuff with Kavanaugh in the US, this is liable to help Boris rather than, as intended, hinder him. The MSM, left wingers, globalists and establishment in the UK are as incapable of getting it as they are in the States, nobody believes them any more. And the more BS like this they start shouting about, the more stupid and bitchy they look. They are desperate, out of ideas, and exposed. They are going to react like any two-year-old, scream and stamp and point at someone, anyone, else.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4044 Post by AtomKraft » Wed May 29, 2019 11:32 am

The way I see it, both Tories and Labour are 'f*cked' as of right now.

The only reason they are still breathing is because the electorate haven't had a chance to choke them both to death yet, but as soon as they do, it's going to be RIP for both.

Now, there's an outside chance that the Tories can rescue themselves, by doing a 'diamond hard' BrExit in October, but even if they manage this, I suspect they are still going to be punished severely at the next GE.

Nigel Farage, and TBP I suspect, aren't going to go away when BrExit happens. They will probably hang on after BrExit and campaign in the next GE on a platform of fixing our broken system. I've heard hints along these lines in Farages clips on YT etc.

They've just been too successful to pack it all in after BrExit.

So if the Tories go down at the next GE, there may be an alternative to Corbyn.

My money's still on Boris btw. The days of being told who we can have by the papers, MSM etc, are firmly over. They should smell the coffee.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#4045 Post by Krystal n Chips » Wed May 29, 2019 11:52 am

OFSO wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:09 am
So that's Boris f*cked then. Charged with three counts of lying in public office. Westminster for initial hearing and then on to Crown Court. Pity more politicians can't be hauled up before the beak for mendaciousness. T M for one....
It could be even more problematic for Boris......and set a precedent if he has to testify in court !

Oath: I swear by Almighty God that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Affirmation: I solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4046 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed May 29, 2019 11:54 am

AtomKraft wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:32 am

Nigel Farage, and TBP I suspect, aren't going to go away when BrExit happens. They will probably hang on after BrExit and campaign in the next GE on a platform of fixing our broken system. I've heard hints along these lines in Farages clips on YT etc.

They've just been too successful to pack it all in after BrExit.
TBP also has some good names in its party too

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4047 Post by om15 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:55 am

Odious Bercow has announced that he intends to remain in office in order that he can exert maximum effort to derailing the Brexit process, and now Boris is getting some good publicity on the PM selection run up.

I could overlook the obvious flaws in Boris, his serial unfaithfulness to various wives, his cowardice at the last leader selection, the fact that he can't speak properly, his Etonian sense of entitlement, I could forgive all of that if I thought for one moment he would deliver "No Deal", but he won't, he will bottle it.
I listened with mounting incredulity to candidate Rory Stewart, he proposes to have a collection of civvies called a council to debate and pronounce a way forward with Brexit, utterly, completely 100% clueless tosser, completely.

Best to have an election, Gyppo Corbyn will be abandoned by all but the most mentally deranged, the Tories will be history and we can then encourage Nigel to get on with the job.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#4048 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu May 30, 2019 5:08 am

Now there's a surprise. Nige, bless his patriotic heart, has some new best friends it seems. Well obviously, a meeting of minds was inevitable really because whilst Nige may protest otherwise, he's always had a affinity for the more extreme right ideologists. Maybe this is one of his subliminal attractions for some on here ?

Anyway, it seems this new kinship may have a small flaw. Nige doesn't really like not being in charge ...totally in charge that is, so hopefully this won't progress any further than saying nice words about each other...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... parliament

Here's Boris.....
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/com ... it-cartoon

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4049 Post by AtomKraft » Thu May 30, 2019 7:07 am

There's another surprise.
You're still spouting verbose drivel.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#4050 Post by Krystal n Chips » Fri May 31, 2019 4:37 am

Treeza..." In loving memory "......

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... cy-cartoon

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4051 Post by FD2 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:09 pm

Flying Pigs.jpg
Flying Pigs.jpg (61.63 KiB) Viewed 341 times

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#4052 Post by Krystal n Chips » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:09 am

It's a reasonable question.....but we already know the answer...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... es-cartoon

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4053 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:44 pm

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:17 am
This is a private prosecution attempt, doubtless by someone who wants Boris out of the leadership race. The question everyone will ask is, why wait till now?.....
From the BBC News website on 29 May:
Mr Ball's lawyers lodged an application in February to summons Mr Johnson...
I think it's just unfortunate - or fortunate, depending on your view - that Mr Ball has only just received the go ahead from the Court.

From the same article:
.....in her written ruling, District Judge Margot Coleman said: "The applicant's case is there is ample evidence that the proposed defendant knew that the statements were false."

She continued: "I accept that the public offices held by Mr Johnson provide status, but with that status comes influence and authority."

She added that there was sufficient evidence of an issue to proceed with a trial, though she stressed the allegations were currently unproven.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4054 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:01 pm

Judge Coleman's judgement is here.
https://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2019/0 ... hnson.html

From which I quote:
56. I accept the defence submission that when the applicant commenced his consideration of whether to bring a private prosecution against the proposed defendant, some three years ago, there may have been a political purpose to these proceedings. However, the information for the summons was laid on the 28th February 2019 and that argument in my view is no longer pertinent.
The idea that there is no political purpose to a private prosecution of the most senior Conservative MP promoting Brexit, then or now, is ridiculous. Brexit remains as unresolved as it was then. As the leading contender to be the next PM, who has explicitly stated he will pursue No Deal, Johnson is even more a target of Remainers than he was then. Judge Coleman is on another Planet to the rest of us.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4055 Post by FD2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:20 am

From the Office for National Statistics, via The Spectator:

The most regular attack-line used against leading Brexiteers is that they misled the public over how much money could be used to fund the NHS if Britain left the EU. Throughout the referendum campaign, Vote Leave said that we send £350 million a week to Brussels – a gross figure, applied before a rebate etc. But no one knew the real 2016 figure because the data is compiled in arrears. Only today do we have the data, published by the Office for National Statistics. Its figures show…
•Payment to Brussels, net of rebate and money returned to the UK: £9.4 billion a year, or £181 million a week.
•Payment to Brussels, net of rebate: £13.9 billion a year, or £267 million a week.
•Gross payment to Brussels: £18.9 billion a year, or £363 million a week.

Everyone knows that it was a gross figure, but something for the Remainers to accuse the Brexiteers about. I think Boris should apologise for getting this figure wrong! ;)))

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4056 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:24 am

Gove has stated that he will delay Brexit for a further year . . .

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4057 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:38 am

The Tory Party is dead. This is the maudlin posturing at the wake.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4058 Post by boing » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:10 pm

Could be a case of unintended consequences. I do not think that this is over yet but if Boris gets disbarred from standing for PM his many supporters will be very PO'ed. If they can't support Boris because of a legal attack and a remainer is proposed as PM I can see a number of people who loyally supported the Tories on the EU vote finally splitting to the Brexit Party in a General Election. What choice will they have, support a party that is ramming a remainer option down their throats or go with Brexit? They won't go Labour or LIB/Dem and they would have to swallow really hard to vote Tory again.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#4059 Post by Krystal n Chips » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:22 am

And she's off !......didn't take her long really, now that she's returned to politics with an equally regressive party, to continue where she left off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48491731

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4060 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 am

(If) a remainer is proposed as PM I can see a number of people who loyally supported the Tories on the EU vote finally splitting to the Brexit Party in a General Election.
The problem is the Tories assume their supporters are pro-brexit and Labour hope theirs are remainders.

Neither is true.

On this single issue there are only two options:

1. Brexit and Tory leaver faction.

2. Lib Dem, Green, Change etc.

Neither Lab or Con can please all their supporters. Remainders, at the moment, are split.