BREXIT - A Poll & Discussion

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts

Do you think the UK leaving the European Union would be a good thing?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 50

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: BREXIT - A Poll & Discussion

#3801 Post by G-CPTN » Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Could we see the EU conversing in a language of which there is no native participants?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3802 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon May 13, 2019 12:07 pm

Well, they already do; it's called Bullsh!t. Most Eurocrats are also fluent in Total B#llocks.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3803 Post by ian16th » Mon May 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Wot do the Irish choose?
Cynicism improves with age

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3804 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon May 13, 2019 4:20 pm

laughing stock.jpg
laughing stock.jpg (39.84 KiB) Viewed 448 times

Capetonian

#3805 Post by Capetonian » Mon May 13, 2019 7:40 pm

I think I've uncovered the link between Andrew Marr and KaknCrap.
Andrew Marr's obsession with my past betrays the bias at the heart of the BBC

Nigel Farage

I’m not the first person to have been on the receiving end of BBC bias, and I won’t be the last. But with an election campaign under way, I had expected our state broadcaster to behave responsibly in its coverage of this pivotal moment for democracy in Britain. Not a bit of it. On Sunday 
I was on The Andrew Marr Show. I anticipated a tough and free-flowing interview about the Brexit Party, our candidates, their strikingly different backgrounds, our campaign, and the merits of MEPs and the EU elections.

Instead, shortly after the interview began, Marr produced a piece of paper and started reading scripted questions relating to things I allegedly said or thought years ago – questions, by 
the way, which I am certain I have been asked by others on many previous occasions.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3806 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon May 13, 2019 8:01 pm

It was unmistakable as a scripted attack. Humphreys would have addressed the issues and developed from there referring back where relevant.

One of Marr's clips, I think the first, was allowed to run a moment too long and put the clip into context.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3807 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon May 13, 2019 8:15 pm

All reference to EU polls now removed from the BBC website. No mention at all of the latest two putting TBP miles ahead. And they were tracking them until these two came out.
It's completely shameless bias.
Just like..The Grauniad, which doesn't list them either, or even include TBP in its list of parties.

Just like CNN in America, they will die off not because they are biased, but because they are useless at telling people what they need to know to work out what will happen in the future.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#3808 Post by Krystal n Chips » Tue May 14, 2019 4:51 am

Capetonian wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:40 pm
I think I've uncovered the link between Andrew Marr and KaknCrap.
Andrew Marr's obsession with my past betrays the bias at the heart of the BBC

Nigel Farage

I’m not the first person to have been on the receiving end of BBC bias, and I won’t be the last. But with an election campaign under way, I had expected our state broadcaster to behave responsibly in its coverage of this pivotal moment for democracy in Britain. Not a bit of it. On Sunday 
I was on The Andrew Marr Show. I anticipated a tough and free-flowing interview about the Brexit Party, our candidates, their strikingly different backgrounds, our campaign, and the merits of MEPs and the EU elections.

Instead, shortly after the interview began, Marr produced a piece of paper and started reading scripted questions relating to things I allegedly said or thought years ago – questions, by 
the way, which I am certain I have been asked by others on many previous occasions.
That's terribly kind of you to suggest Andrew Marr and I have something in common . As compliments go, I can honestly say I am flattered. However, can I suggest, please, you desist from the use of an oxymoron at the beginning of your posts, this being the second time you have used such .

What is interesting is how Farage has reacted to the questions. If, and I appreciate that the oxymoron does have a relevance at this point, you had read his lament you would have noted it's a classical defence tactic by an aggrieved party. In essence, he's now become the "victim " and, as such, his supporters will duly rally round him becoming even more staunch in their support. Same happens in real life. Once a self aggrandizer becomes established, and has a core of support, any comments that don't meet with their approval tend to induce quite unpleasant reactions.

However, the weakness of such individuals is their own ego. At some point, they will make a statement which exposes them to greater scrutiny and slowly more and more people begin to take a deeper interest in their commentary and the veracity of their statements . At which point, the questions being asked tend to be ignored, because if they choose to answer, their response may well contradict statements they have made previously.

As we know, sadly, you do get confused as to the meanings of some words in the English language, aliens and invaders being just two such examples, so I hope, that, after you have read the above, empathy and yourself is not too problematic a correlation for you to make.

Here's why Farage is so dangerous. And for those bemoaning the fact, that, allegedly the BBC are not covering the party, there may be a very pertinent reason as to why his toxic politics should be starved of publicity.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... pse-future

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3809 Post by OFSO » Tue May 14, 2019 5:24 am

Unbelievable. TM is sending her chief negotiator off to Brussels to renegotiate the leaving terms. Not 'try' to renegotiate., but 'renegotiate'. Hope springs eternal, etc....

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#3810 Post by Krystal n Chips » Tue May 14, 2019 5:50 am

OFSO wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:24 am
Unbelievable. TM is sending her chief negotiator off to Brussels to renegotiate the leaving terms. Not 'try' to renegotiate., but 'renegotiate'. Hope springs eternal, etc....
Not really, not if you think about it with his predecessors in mind . Their own negotiation skills (oxymoron ) have long been evident and hence Treeza duly uttered forth those immortal words "I have control "....albeit the A/P was never disengaged as we know, but then came the appointment of a non-entity suddenly propelled into this much sort after political position.

Scapegoats are always useful when the "leadership " suffers a catastrophic failure after all.

More from Nige, or rather, less in this instance . It's always wise not to be entirely open until after an event has concluded, such as voting for example. That way no scurrilous allegations of duplicity can subsequently be levelled....but, apart from those suffering from prolonged priapism induced by Nige's ascendancy , those of us who don't suffer from this condition would be very interested to learn about the contents of this manifesto prior to the elections.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ons-farage

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3811 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue May 14, 2019 11:46 am

An interesting summary of the Conservative party situation, and TM, by a long term party activist/agent.

https://www.conservativehome.com/platfo ... st-go.html

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3812 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue May 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Just examining JC's Brexit mailshot.

The front page says the Tories are in chaos, vote Labour and give them a kicking. Inside, and nothing to do with Brexit apart from close relationship with EU or a public vote.

Then regional development banks.
10,000 bobbies, smaller classes, more money for NHS
Affordable homes, elderly care, equal society.

There is only one source for the money but he doesn't mention that.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3813 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm

smaller classes
But class sizes don't make a difference - Blair et al spent 10 years insisting on this, and indeed rigged all the data to 'prove' it.
I fail to see how 10,000 more bobbies not enforcing the law will help the current cadre not enforcing the law.
Usual Labour rubbish about measuring the input not the output.
It's an EU election, but he won't talk about the EU??

I rest my case; not only do the entire menagerie of political animals in Westmonster not 'get it', they are congenitally incapable of 'getting it'.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#3814 Post by Krystal n Chips » Wed May 15, 2019 4:28 am

Morning chaps! ..another glorious day in prospect and what better way to start it than with this.....I know, some may feel it's a bit crass, but, some of us feel it's definitive .....some of you may recognise yourself ? A picture paints a thousand words as they say....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ty-cartoon

Anyway. once Treeza has been ignominiously booted out, she will need to be replaced so here 's another worthy successor in waiting ....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nservative

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3815 Post by AtomKraft » Wed May 15, 2019 4:50 am

How not to negotiate.

Mrs May goes into a car showroom. "I'm going to buy that car there, no matter what. How much is it?".

Salesman. "It's a million quid, no ten million".

Mrs May: "That's too much!"

Salesman: "Don't buy it then".

Mrs May: "I told you, I'm buying it no matter what it costs"

Salesman: "OK, it's 39 billion now".

Just leave for fuxxackes!

Capetonian

#3816 Post by Capetonian » Wed May 15, 2019 7:56 am

Does anyone know what the Manchurian Masturbator is talking about?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3817 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed May 15, 2019 8:02 am

Please, no guesses please.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#3818 Post by Smeagol » Wed May 15, 2019 4:04 pm

I will say it again , commenting on his posts only encourages him. Ignore!
We hates Bagginses!

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#3819 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu May 16, 2019 6:36 am

Smeagol wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:04 pm
I will say it again , commenting on his posts only encourages him. Ignore!
That's terribly regressive of you really....pining for those days past uttering direct orders are we ?

Anyway, first offering of the day for you all.

This poll will, no doubt, be music to the ears of many and almost a full symphony for any right wing extremists. Most of us won't be around to watch, or become affected by, the return to the carnage that ensues should any of these projections happen, but, prevention is better than cure so negating the rise of the right now....this includes Farage of course, champion of democracy that he is, becomes even more imperative. This for those thinking of voting for him.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... n-20-years

However, with the future in mind, this prospect is equally unpalatable. Not that any of the gastronomes on here, or indeed the " yum, yum, scrummy tucker ! " brigade ( I like to use the vernacular when possible as by doing so, it helps the demographics understanding of the context, liveried serving minion being optional ) will be affected, but, will be detrimental for several million other consumers....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ty-cartoon

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3820 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu May 16, 2019 2:45 pm

Stop Press!!

TM has agreed the timetable for the discussion of the timetable about the decision to announce a timetable for her departure.

Does the entire Parliamentary Conservative Party look like a bunch of total dorks or what?

=))

(Hint: it's not "or what")