BREXIT - A Poll & Discussion

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts

Do you think the UK leaving the European Union would be a good thing?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 50

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: BREXIT - A Poll & Discussion

#5461 Post by Boac » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:55 pm

They are brilliant!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5462 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Despite the nasturtiums (Tropaeolums) frequently cast at our favourite undertaker/taxi-driver by several on this forum, he has managed to acquire 100,000 subscribers, so others are listening and supporting.

And as we all prepare for a fantastic Christmas at home but not by choice, I bet none of the MSM are warning of the hard Border, with police enforcement, about to be imposed ‘twixt NornIron and the Republic.

Nor is that same MSM coterie advising us of the awful shortage of shellfish facing Les Frogs and others in the EUSSR, ascribed to those shellfish Brits for wanting to leave the bloc, but which is actually the fault of Les Frogs for spitefully cutting off Blighty on the specious grounds of the new deadly Mutant Ninja virus.

That fable seems about to fall flat as the truth gets out that it’s existence has been known for months and was probably an excuse for the EUSSR to punish the Brits and an excuse for BoJo to extend his Gestapo-like grip on the UK.

Anyway, here he is and you can toast the 100k achievement and get even more excited about popping the cork(s) on your bottles of English fizz at year’s end minus 1 hour;

:YMAPPLAUSE:

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5463 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:17 pm

Ag no, not him again... I will talk, what do you want to know? I will tell you everything I don't know!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5464 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:28 pm

Do I get the impression that BoJo is about to self-immolate himself, and by extension the Conservative & Unionist Party next Election, by selling out the fishery folks just to get a crap deal?

Looks like a way of joining Neville Chamberlain in the history books as an appeaser and NOT as the Churchill he fancies himself as reincarnating, and the next elections, local and/or National may see the Tories as toast, certainly beyond the ‘Red Wall’ seats area?

This time it is not our old favourite, Jeff Taylor but a different source;

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5465 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:51 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:17 pm
Ag no, not him again... I will talk, what do you want to know? I will tell you everything I don't know!
OK, please give us all a thorough briefing on the looming war in Oireland, 1 minute without hesitation, deviation nor repetition!

You can have some minutes to prepare, your secondary topic is the looming war ‘twixt the Frogs and the English, similar restrictions apply, with the same preparation time.

Otherwise yer toast! =))

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5466 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:55 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:51 pm
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:17 pm
OK, please give us all a thorough briefing on the looming war in Oireland, 1 minute without hesitation, deviation nor repetition!

You can have some minutes to prepare, your secondary topic is the looming war ‘twixt the Frogs and the English, similar restrictions apply, with the same preparation time.

Otherwise yer toast! =))
;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5467 Post by barkingmad » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:40 am

This morning’s news makes it seem like the bicycle-riding pizza delivery guy, seen outside the EUSSR ‘parliament’ building In the early hours of today, may have also magically appeared in Drowning Street with a load of time-expired fudge which wafted the bouquet of well rotten fish.

Which means the baseball bat with the splintered wide end may already be tickling Boris’ sphincter, without KY jelly and being manoeuvred by Farage and Tice.

No wonder Boris is sporting the rictus grin so often worn by Bliar!

We live in interesting times... [-X

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5468 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:49 am

But the Wednesday Dec 9 dinner was also the beginning of a relationship between Mr Johnson and Mrs Von der Leyen.
Something that Boris appears good at.
It went on
The two leaders, both the children of EU officials and both alumni of the same European school in Brussels, had a tete-a tete alone for 45 minutes
Long enough.
But
The next day, as EU leaders met for a summit in Brussels, Mr Johnson gave it one last go.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5469 Post by barkingmad » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:17 pm

Thanks for that, P N, you've just put me off my lunch!!

How do the Yanks pronounce "alumni" anyway?

Not as in The Looming Tower, Shirley?! :YMPARTY:

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5470 Post by OFSO » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Stabbed in the back, you unconscionable cnut Boris! Financial markets know it, they went to 1.116, now back below 1.108 following announcement of The Great Betrayal. Will the reptile house vote in favour, December 30th ? Of course they will. Guido Fawkes where art thou now? Drake, beat your drum!

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5471 Post by om15 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:23 pm

Deal is done. Everything that the British public was promised during the 2016 referendum and in the general election last year is delivered by this deal.

We have taken back control of our money, borders, laws, trade and our fishing waters.
The deal is fantastic news for families and businesses in every part of the UK. We have signed the first free trade agreement based on zero tariffs and zero quotas that has ever been achieved with the EU.
The deal is the biggest bilateral trade deal signed by either side, covering trade worth £668bn in 2019.
The deal also guarantees that we are no longer in the lunar pull of the EU, we are not bound by EU rules, there is no role for the European court of justice and all of our key red lines about returning sovereignty have been achieved. It means that we will have full political and economic independence on 1 January 2021.
A points-based immigration system will put us in full control of who enters the UK, and free movement will end.
We have delivered this great deal for the entire United Kingdom in record time, and under extremely challenging conditions, which protects the integrity of our internal market and Northern Ireland’s place within it.
We have got Brexit done and we can now take full advantage of the fantastic opportunities available to us as an independent trading nation, striking trade deals with other partners around the world
I think that Boris Johnson has done a good job, not that he will receive much credit for it, time will tell.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5472 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:04 pm

Just listened to a rambling diatribe by that poser Preston. I just wish Boris, when he finished, had asked what was the question.

I heard a que couple of days ago where the questioner said would you agree with me. Oh how I wish they would just answer yes or no.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5473 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:05 pm

I see Theresa is pleased whilst a smiling happy Jimmy is saying we didn't want it

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5474 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:43 pm

Congratulations? :-??

PP

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5475 Post by ian16th » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Future Negotiations with the EU.

I propose that in the case of any future negotiations with the EU, we set a deadline date, and start negotiations at 09h00 on that day.
Cynicism improves with age

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5476 Post by barkingmad » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Does this mean tariff free trade in Covid-1984 particles crossing the newer secured border?

Will there be special treatment for the Mutant Ninja Super Virus as opposed to the EU standard bug?

ian16th sez: "Future Negotiations with the EU.

I propose that in the case of any future negotiations with the EU, we set a deadline date, and start negotiations at 09h00 on that day".

Then finish the session at lunchtime with English beer and Scotch Eggs, just to pretend we ARE a United Kingdom... :YMPARTY:

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5477 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:35 pm

Just watching Ursula and must admit I would not kick her out to get at Dido.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5478 Post by barkingmad » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:49 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:35 pm
Just watching Ursula and must admit I would not kick her out to get at Dido.
Even though there's a remote possibility that BoJo might have been there before you?

She's a classy lass, it's a shame she's not on our side or that Theresa Maybot walking disaster would never have darkened our screens for as long as she did! :ymsick:

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#5479 Post by larsssnowpharter » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:25 pm

I'm with you PN. Classy bint. Loved the way she gave that briefing in three languages. Just imagine her in a corset, thigh boots with 6.inch heels!

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#5480 Post by Smeagol » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:46 pm

larsssnowpharter wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:25 pm
Just imagine her in a corset, thigh boots with 6.inch heels!
I must admit that I had not up to now, but having put the thought in my mind I DO find the picture quite appealing.....
We hates Bagginses!