BREXIT - A Poll & Discussion

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts

Do you think the UK leaving the European Union would be a good thing?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 50

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: BREXIT - A Poll & Discussion

#2941 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:16 pm

We still don't know whether it might be 29th March or 30th June . . .

or never . . .

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2942 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:57 pm

What does she pretend she can do with the Eurocrats damned Agreement in the next three months that she so obviously has been unable to do in the last three months?

Her two attempts to get the Agreement through the Commons were a humiliating defeat. Tusk has made clear that the Agreement is non-negotiable.

The extension (of three months) is conditional on her getting the thing through Parliament. Chicken-egg?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2943 Post by OFSO » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:03 pm

I do believe that some people here are as incandescent with rage about the total f*uck-up Theresa May has made, as we OFSOs are. She is an absolute disgrace to her office. Well, 13 minutes until her TV address to the nation. Anything new ? I wouldn't bet on it.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2944 Post by OFSO » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:34 pm

She couldn't get out for 20:15. Postponed to 20:30. Now past that 'deadline'. Can't even organise giving a statement to the Nation on time.

Utterly useless.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2945 Post by OFSO » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:15 pm

So it's all the fault of archaic procedures, parliamentary procedures, and MPs refusing to make a decision.

Odd that. I thought the house DID make a decision. Twice. Oh, I get it. A decision is only a decision when it supports Theresa May.

Utterly useless and deluded. 90% of the public asked in a SKY survey said Brexit has turned into a national humiliation. Only 90% ?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2946 Post by om15 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:22 pm

With the help of Odious Bercow and the foreigners we may in fact slide into a "no deal" result next week, we can only hope that this is the case.

The big meeting with other party leaders fell flat on it's face earlier this evening when Corbyn walked out because Chukka attended on behalf of the tiggers, what an absolute, utter embarrassing shambles this has become.

Can't May be relieved of her command on the grounds of insanity? there must be some mechanism to take over in cases like this, the country is becoming ungovernable, we are actually more European than we imagine I think.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2947 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:32 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 pm
Time for the Webley, Carruthers.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2948 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:33 pm

I was listening to Gustav Mahler when May was speaking. Much more worth listening to.

I've now read the full text of her speech this evening. Pathetic.

My Border Collie has more leadership skills than that bitch. Hell, one of my Golden Orfes is a better leader too.

Theresa May is a failure. A Toom Tabard. A nothing, when we need a leader in this country.

She should go. Take up the usual sinecure directorships and consultancy posts that they do when politicians fail. Just don't give her a complicated job, like running a pissup in a brewery. Don't expect her to put each of her feet through different apertures of her knickers either.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2949 Post by OFSO » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:39 pm

Meanwhile in the European Parliament....the centre right group of MPs have suspended the membership of the ruling party of Hungary. I think......and against Brussels' wishes Italy is signing contracts with China as if the lira was going out of fashion.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2950 Post by Woody » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:12 pm

£ on the slide X(
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2951 Post by Woody » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:34 pm

Could this be the most sensible man in the UK, especially the red wine :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-h ... r-47639537
When all else fails, read the instructions.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2952 Post by llondel » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:55 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:03 pm
At 23:00 on the 29th of this month the fireworks will fly! Not only Chez Plum, but all across the nation.
All being well, I'll be in the departure lounge at PDX, hoping my flight is on time. Probably not the sort of place for fireworks.

Sisemen

#2953 Post by Sisemen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:32 am

The May administration increasingly looks like an episode of The Thick of It

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2954 Post by Ibbie » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:38 am

She should go. Take up the usual sinecure directorships and consultancy posts that they do when politicians fail.
It's called applying for the Stewardship of the Chiltern Hundreds, plum, which I suggested she should apply for many months ago.

After last night, should May not be sectioned?

She must go without further delay by whatever means is necessary. Mad as a hatter.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2955 Post by OFSO » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:01 am

Going to Brussels to demand an extension which - if granted - depends on her getting Parliament to approve her deal, which, even if Bercow permits it, won't pass. Surely she must know this, and if she does she's guilty of deception. If she still doesn't realise it she should be sectioned as delusional. Junkers, Tusk etc are just feeding her fantasies. Better to refuse to see her.

Sisemen

#2956 Post by Sisemen » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 am

Is she playing the long game? "I've done everything possible, but all has come to naught. Therefore we are leaving the EU today with no deal" ???

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#2957 Post by Krystal n Chips » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:49 am

With Treeza in mind....... the lyrics seem very apt.

Me and Oddball have a lot in common by the way....and I like the bit where the troops get soaked....happy memories of being in a CF van on 71 MU when we did the same to some senile W.O. and pasty faced Fg.Of at the "10p café ( as was ) where the A449 joins the M4 at Deaths Roundabout....

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2958 Post by AtomKraft » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:52 am

Hopefully Macron will have more balls than Dreary Theresa, and tell us to stick our delay request up our collective arses!

Capetonian

#2959 Post by Capetonian » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:26 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinkin ... und-voice/

An interesting insight in the DT into the life and times of the Speaker of the House of Commons, and MP for Buckingham. I find the latter interesting since he is not a member of any political party, but is not stated as an 'independent'.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2960 Post by Alisoncc » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:40 am

So how many of you people knocking TM have ever been a part of a multi-million dollar negotiating team? Here I'm talking about eight figure sums, and this was in the eighties. A committee cannot negotiate a "deal", it just doesn't work.

You pick a Leader you can trust to do their best. Having split the the negotiation into perhaps a dozen separate responsibilities - legal, logistics, change-over, implementation, etc. etc. the Leader then appoints people they trust to do their best for each area of responsibility. This is how it works, because no one person can be across all aspects. Each sub-leader then has a team to handle their area of expertise.

The current situation is NOT TM's fault. Too many dickheads are prepared to tear holes in the "deal" whilst none have been involved in the negotiations, and have no understanding of the trade-offs that have taken place. Negotiations are all about compromises. I'll give you some leeway on this if you allow me that. At each level of the negotiating hierarchy those supervising choose people they can trust to do their best, and so a "deal" is compiled. Individual aspects of a once completed a "deal" cannot be pulled apart, because invariably that is just a "brick" supporting negotiations above with trade-offs.

All of the present crap should have happened two and half years ago when the Team was assembled. Not now. So give TM some space. I don't believe the present situation was of her making.

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)