The Trump Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Trump Hamster Wheel

#961 Post by Alisoncc » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:03 am

Airborne Aircrew wrote:Does Obama believing in what he's saying make it right and good for the USA?

Simple question... You geniuses on the left should have a cogent and rational answer... Let's hear it...

He believed it to be so, and he was elected on that platform by the citizens of America.

So tell me as a Trump supporter what is your intention when he decides not to deport all illegals, not to build the wall, not to dump Obamacare, not to jail Hillary, is unable to fulfil his promise of thousands of jobs for the unemployed, etc., etc., etc..
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#962 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:43 am

Alison:

He believed it to be so, and he was elected on that platform by the citizens of America.

So... What is the difference?

The same thing that happened to lame brain Obama has happened to Trump... Yet you support the election of Obama and vilify the election of Trump...

Sore loser? Unable to, intellectually, process the concept that not everyone agrees with you and your Leftie cohorts?

It's these "little" things you say that show that you really have no interest in free discussion but simply want to make sure your, frankly, small agenda gets addressed any way you think you can make it so...

Trump beat your favored candidate... Live with it...
Reasons for being banned to date:-

1. Espousing extreme views
2. PITA, (love this one)...

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#963 Post by Alisoncc » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:31 am

AA, the vitriol you spew at those you dislike and towards people who don't agree with you is quite unbelievable. If it's any guide to your character then I can well understand your need to go armed everywhere.

Obama believed in what he was trying to achieve for the whole eight years, and even with the establishment - Congress and the Senate railed against him, he managed to get a great deal done. And now we have Trump even before being inaugurated dumping his promises, yet for some reason you consider Trump preferable. I can well understand your anger having committed yourself to Trump, you now find yourself at a loss as to how to recover any beliefs you may have had in the political process.

I feel for you, truly I do.

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#964 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:10 am

Pinched this from a post on TOP.

The University of Michigan offered its traumatized students coloring books and Play-Doh to calm them. (Are its students in college or kindergarten?)
 The University of Kansas reminded its stressed-out kids that therapy dogs, a regular campus feature, were available.
 Cornell University, an Ivy League school, held a campus-wide “cry-in,” with officials handing out tissues and hot chocolate.
 Tufts University offered its devastated students arts and crafts sessions. (OK, not kindergarten — more like summer camp.)
 At campuses from elite Yale to Connecticut to Iowa and beyond, professors canceled classes and/or exams — either because students asked or because instructors were too distraught to teach.

I really cannot decide whether I should =)) =)) =)) =))
or
:(( :(( :(( :((

about this.

Have some of this particular generation actually become this sensitive/soft/delicate? (Feel free to insert your own description)
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Slasher

#965 Post by Slasher » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:24 am

They're called the Snowflake generation Pinky, something I've ensured my son will never ever become. He's learning to take big disappointments like a man, not to overblow his emotions on things that aren't worth it, and knows at his age he always has his parents there for advice and support.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#966 Post by Chuks » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:40 am

I lived for a while with a fellow Marlboro drop-out, when I discovered this little paperback book of hers, the story of how the valiant Viet Cong destroyed Tan Son Nhut Air Base during the Tet Offensive. It was a stirring tale, a good read if you like Communist propaganda, but there was just one thing wrong with it; the event it described never happened. I was there at the time, so I knew that for a fact. When I asked my friend about this detail of history she told me that "No, but that was how it was supposed to happen." Silly me!

I wonder how far she has got with understanding that another thing that was supposed to have happened did not happen, but I am afraid to ask. She might think I am gloating when I ask the question, and who knows, really? Not that I am for Trump, not at all, but I do like seeing fantasy crushed by reality now and then.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#967 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:54 am

When I asked my friend about this detail of history she told me that "No, but that was how it was supposed to happen."

Most curious, chuks. Were you ever able to find out just why she believed that?

To me, that is delusion writ large!! 8-} Such people should not be allowed out unsupervised! :D [-X
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#968 Post by Chuks » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:09 am

She is very intelligent and highly learned, but she's a stone Marxist as well. She studied all of Marx's brilliant theories, theories that have never worked in practice, and I think she has been totally seduced by things that are somehow so very, very right while also being wrong in fact.

The Vietnam War was held by many people of my generation to have been an evil scheme meant to kill off many young Americans by shipping them over there to be done away with. At the same time, it was a valiant struggle by poorly-armed peasants against our military-industrial complex, one we deserved to lose. That story about the destruction of the air base was right, looked at that way. It fit into those truths.

She was into feminism as well, of course, so that she had a subscription to Ms. where I liked reading the National Lampoon.

The Lampoon had done a parody of an ad for CB radios, where the woman calling for help with her flat tire instead is attacked by bikers and blacks and so on. The fake punchline was "With a Pack CB you've got the world by the tits!" in place of "With a Pace CB you've got the world at your touch," or something like that. The humorless feminists at Ms. then took the parody for a real sexist ad and ran it as their sexist ad of the month! So when my little friend got on my case about reading that terrible, stupid mag, I told her that at least they knew the difference between satire and sexism! No nooky for a week, after that one ....

Another time I came home to find a sink full of dirty dishes, which I washed and left to dry. I was in a hurry to get to the race track, so I did not take the time to dry them and put them away, and anyway they were her dirty dishes, not mine. When I came back I got an ear-bashing for being so inconsiderate, leaving those clean dishes out there like that.

We finally quit being friends, and not before time. It's just too damned much trouble, trying to keep people like that happy by only thinking the right thoughts and saying the right words. One of those PC types told me, about something I had written about Africa, a true story about the locals misbehaving on an airstrip, that, "You can't write that!" when I told her, "I just did." It seemed a so much nicer thing to tell her compared to, "Crawl off and die!"

Sisemen

#969 Post by Sisemen » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:13 am

You're obviously into masochism Chuks

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#970 Post by SOPS » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:21 am

Just what the hell is going on in America? Michael Moore calling for an uprising. People being shot. Madness n the streets. I just don't get it.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#971 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:27 am

Thanks for that chuks.

One of those PC types told me, about something I had written about Africa, a true story about the locals misbehaving on an airstrip, that, "You can't write that!" when I told her, "I just did." It seemed a so much nicer thing to tell her compared to, "Crawl off and die!"

Which reminds me of an incident that a Friend of mine related to me; At some gathering he made a comment re the 'Asylum seeker' boat people problem that occurred here in Australia a while back.

It seems that he made some statement that offended some lefty Female nearby who promptly fronted him and quite stridently declared "You can't say that!!" [-X

His reply was, shall we say, a conversation stopper....
"Not that I was talking to you, but are you deaf as well as stupid? I just did say it!! What TF are you going to do about it??

Apparently her jaw dropped, she made some very odd noises but nothing intelligible. After about 30 seconds of this my Friend just snapped at her,
'Oh **** off, but come back and talk sense to me when you are capable of doing so!'

She never did. :-?

A Lutra Continua
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#972 Post by A Lutra Continua » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:36 am

SOPS wrote:Just what the hell is going on in America? Michael Moore calling for an uprising. People being shot. Madness n the streets. I just don't get it.

Easy. Democracy is too precious and rare to allow just any old citizen to use it. It belongs only to those who have been chosen and follow the True Path of Righteousness. Any result not fitting their narrative is required to be overturned and the insignificant little people, the mindless sheep, made to vote again and again until they get it right.

Sadly, they're too far up their own arses to see that it's this attitude that got them handed their lunch pails in the first place.

The up side is that the hole they're digging could possibly become deep enough to completely bury the undemocratic democrats.

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#973 Post by SOPS » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:41 am

Yep, the left don't like it if they don't get their own way, that's for sure.

Capetonian

#974 Post by Capetonian » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:43 am

I love it when those lefty tossers say : "You can't say that."
My retort is usually : "Didn't you hear me? I did say it, but to avoid doubt, I'll say it again ........... slowly."

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#975 Post by SOPS » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:46 am

Just found this excellent article.

I was wrong. In the end, the organisation and money weren’t enough. To the horror of the US political class – and much of the watching world – Donald Trump leapt astride the ghost of Ronald Reagan’s favourite horse, El Alamein, and galloped past Hillary Clinton and up to the West Wing of the White House.
‘I’m with her,’ Hillary’s supporters had confidently proclaimed in the final hours of the campaign. But America wasn’t. Or at least, not the parts of the country required to deliver victory in the electoral college. She didn’t have a path round the angry white men after all.
Trump’s triumph stunned the world. But in truth, it was not so much his victory as her failure. Or rather, her martyrdom.
FINGERS IN EARS: Hillary ¿ pictured with a little cgi help ¿ didn¿t get the message from voters
FINGERS IN EARS: Hillary – pictured with a little cgi help – didn’t get the message from voters
The inquest into Clinton’s defeat is just beginning. But when it is concluded, it will find she lost for the same reason Ed Miliband lost. And Jeremy Corbyn will lose, and his successor will lose, and a procession of liberals will lose: namely, that the progressive Left long ago stopped being politicians and instead decided to start acting like missionaries.
Clinton has cut an impressive figure this year. Resplendent in her white pant-suit – her supporters created an entire website dedicated to it – she toured the housing estates of Michigan, the factories of Pennsylvania and the nursery schools of Florida. And she promised the working classes salvation.
‘We want jobs,’ they told her. She smiled and told them how with their help she would ‘break the glass ceiling’.
‘We want decent housing,’ they said. She nodded, and explained how she was ‘a change-maker’.
RELATED ARTICLES
Previous
Next

Who will be Trump's chief of staff? Kellyanne Conway says...
us,’ they implored. So she placed her hand reassuringly on their shoulder and told them how she would be an inspiration to them and their daughters. And to be fair, many people found this munificent abstraction uplifting. Especially when contrasted with the regressive bile emanating from her opponent.
Over the coming days we will hear much talk of the ‘Trump surge’ and ‘Trump revolution’. But the reality is more prosaic. Not only did Trump secure what is projected to be a million fewer votes than Clinton, he also won a lower share of the vote than Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney managed four years ago.
But though Trump’s words were often laced with poison, his hemlock was at least administered with refreshing directness. Faced with Clinton’s perceived wall of support among African-American voters he told them: ‘You’re living in poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58 per cent of your youth is unemployed, what the hell do you have to lose?’
Clinton’s response was to organise a series of public appearances with rapper Jay Z. The result was a seven per cent swing among black voters to Trump.
Our modern-day liberal missionaries would never even dream of speaking so bluntly to an ethnic minority group. Or anyone else for that matter. To do so would invite an equally direct response. And divining the wishes of the electorate –rather than actually listening to what they are saying – has become the progressive credo.
Some people have inevitably described Trump’s win as the ‘US Brexit’. But such comparisons are simplistic. Brexit was the result of non-voters going to the polls for the first time. Clinton’s defeat was the result of Democratic voters sitting at home, thumbing through their copies of Barack Obama’s The Audacity Of Hope.
Yet there are some parallels that cannot be ignored. On this side of the Atlantic, the political missionaries are also preparing to do the Lord’s work. The people must again be saved from themselves.
But though Trump¿s words were often laced with poison, his hemlock was at least administered with refreshing directness.=
But though Trump’s words were often laced with poison, his hemlock was at least administered with refreshing directness.=
Yes, they may have voted for Brexit, but they didn’t really know what they were voting for. OK, they demanded an end to mass immigration. But they won’t like it when it happens. Don’t worry, though. The liberal elite are here. They will make sure things turn out all right.
We hear a lot about the dangers of political populism. And given the success of Trump – with his manifesto of wall-building and women-grabbing and Muslim-baiting – legitimately. But the time has also come to address the dangers of political paternalism.
Trump is as much a product of the progressives’ infantilisation of the electorate as he is of Right-wing-demagoguery. The need to constantly second-guess the will of the people. To obsessively monitor and prescribe their language and the nature of their discourse. To dismiss their views as the product of brainwashing by a corrosive media or false prophets.
The people are sick of it. They no longer care about the beneficence or sincerity of the missionaries who appear on their doorstep. They want rid of them.
That it was Clinton who felt the full force of the people’s anger is a tragedy in many ways. As Trump acknowledged in his uncharacteristically generous victory speech, she has given a lifetime of service to her country. She endured the most abusive and divisive campaign in US presidential history with courage and dignity.
And she came within a whisker of breaking through that despised glass ceiling to secure the highest elected office on Earth.
But history was not kind to her. And the progressive Left are going to have to learn from her defeat. The days when they could benevolently reinterpret the popular will are over.
And with the martyrdom of Hillary Clinton, the era of missionary politics has been brought to a bloody and brutal close.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z4PrfiEuEr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z4PregfR5r
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sent from my iPad

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#976 Post by OFSO » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:06 am

Leaving the British Government gnashing its teeth in collective rage, Nigel Farage flew over 'as a tourist' a couple of days ago and spent an hour closeted with Donald Trump. Among other things he suggested Trump recover for the White House the bust of Winston Churchill which that hater of the English, Barack Obama, threw out as soon as he took office. I hope the British Embassy in Washington have not lost it, as Trump agreed it was a fine idea.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#977 Post by Chuks » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:49 am

It might be that Trump is riding a wave of hatred towards PC speech, but this can be taken too far.

I was talking to one of my sisters not long ago. She lives in D.C.; she drives a hybrid Lexus SUV; none of her friends voted for Trump; both of her kids went to private school and one is now working on his PhD .... She's a fully signed-up member of our East Coast Liberal elite, in other words, and I thought it might help for the black sheep of the family (me) to explain, if I could, how this terrible, terrible thing might have come to pass, since none of her friends could figure that out.

I reminded her about how, back in the Seventies, I used to work in the garage trade up in Rockville and Kensington, a couple of lower-class suburbs just north of D.C. The guys I worked with then on the garage floor were all working-class white except for one guy who was an art student making some money for school. The thing was that blacks were part of the scene, since D.C. itself is about 60% black, but they were not part of this scene. Someone would come up with a joke now and then just for something to say that was not so new, not so funny, but, okay, a joke. Like the Polack who built a bridge across the desert and then couldn't keep the n*ggers from fishing off it! What a knee-slapper: Polacks are that stupid, but n*ggers are even more stupid!

The thing is, jokes such as that one were just part of the cultural landscape; they fit! These guys were not totally vicious racists, far from it. They just did not want to think about what they were making a joke of, and why. Hey, it's just a joke! You think I was going to go all PC on them to explain what they were compensating for (being stuck in a goddam grease pit fixing Volvos for Liberals who looked down upon them) when they did not want to hear about it? Hell, they weren't stupid; they knew they were semi-screwed, but look at the n•ggers who were totally screwed!

Then along came all these joy-killers, wowsers who put a lid on all that sort of thing, even making it so that you could get fired or even sued just for telling a joke. No more n*ggers stealing more chain than they could swim with; no more faggots walking their poodles in the park; no more lezzies riding Harleys, no more ... fun.

It's not as if we really bothered to educate people like that, not really, and not that they really wanted to learn either, most of them. Mostly we just made them shut up in public while the world passed them by, all these clever, harder-working migrants coming in and passing them by. Then along came Donald Trump to tell them that it's okay to act stupid again, with his "I love the poorly educated!" You never heard any other person running for office say that! Well, not since the days of William Jennings Bryan, "the Great Commoner," and that was almost 100 years ago.

Hell, it's even okay again to grab 'em by the pussy, if you can get away with that, and how much further can you get away with doing something than by bragging about doing it and then getting into the White House?

I think I sold that horrible vision of America to my sister, even though there were some long quiet spells as I told her about the reality of all this stuff she'd been ignoring as if it did not matter. Hell, it really did not matter ... until Trump won using it!

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Spot the parts that do not fit!

#978 Post by Chuks » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:12 am

Here's a passage that I messed around with, inserting Trump's name for the original one, along with doing a bit more chopping and changing. Any admirer of Donald Trump, please be kind enough to tell me how it does not fit your man. For extra kudos, tell me who its original subject is.

In his book Irving Stone criticizes Trump as an egocentric who never admitted being wrong. Stone argues that because Trump led a privileged life, he could not feel the suffering of the common man. He asserts that Trump only acted as a champion of common men in order to get their votes. Stone claims that none of Trump's ideas were original, and that he did not have the brains to be an effective president. In Stone's opinion, Trump had one of the least disciplined minds of his time. His biographer Paolo Coletta reports that Trump relied solely on his own judgments, and did not try to consult experts. He was suspicious of the intelligentsia, ridiculing them as the "aristocracy of learning" and "the scientific soviet."

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#979 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:33 am

Chuks; Methinks that you could easily get away with substituting the name of any Political figure in just about any Country of the World and get the exact same effect! :D [-X

Which does not say much for the Political system anywhere, does it!

It would not surprise me at all if the original exact quote came from some ancient Greek or Roman Philosopher!

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#980 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:38 pm

Alison:

AA, the vitriol you spew at those you dislike and towards people who don't agree with you is quite unbelievable. If it's any guide to your character then I can well understand your need to go armed everywhere.

Obama believed in what he was trying to achieve for the whole eight years, and even with the establishment - Congress and the Senate railed against him, he managed to get a great deal done. And now we have Trump even before being inaugurated dumping his promises, yet for some reason you consider Trump preferable. I can well understand your anger having committed yourself to Trump, you now find yourself at a loss as to how to recover any beliefs you may have had in the political process.

I feel for you, truly I do

I can't help it. You see I'm a racist, bigoted, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, stupid redneck that clings to his guns and bible... I'm thoroughly deplorable.

I think that takes care of which side throws around the vitriol.

In another example of people on the left typing without thinking things through I bear arms for those petty criminals and thugs that might inject themselves into my life with their own particular brand of mayhem in mind. Go through the prisons in the USA and have a mock election there. The Dems would win by a landslide. So, again, we can conclude that not only being labelers and insulters its the Democrats that are the peddlers of death, injury, rape, illegal drugs, kiddie fiddling and the entire gamut of infractions that put people behind bars...

Yet again, you typed without thinking. It is only the last two years that Obama had both the house and senate against him. He had the first four years with all the power in the world and all he got was a healthcare system that is already in a tailspin with costs spiraling out of control. That's his one legislative "success"... A very impressive record indeed... It's a signature of the left that they look at the good intentions rather than whether the results were successful or even beneficial. Obama's presidency is, without doubt, right up there with the Peanut Boy...

Now, pray tell, when did someone "believing in what he was trying to achieve" make it right??? Hitler believed in exterminating the Jews. ISIS believes in beheading, burning or drowning people because they have a different sky pixie to pray to. I think we can both agree therefore that believing is something does not make it right.

As to Trump... A week hasn't passed yet and you don't have the patience to wait until January 20th to see how he will actually govern. Patience Grasshopper...
Reasons for being banned to date:-

1. Espousing extreme views
2. PITA, (love this one)...