Immigrants

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Capetonian

Re: Immigrants

#241 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:25 pm

I will be on the lookout for an 'Anglais' version of that book and if I find it, I will be purchasing two, one for 'moi' and one for 'toi'.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#242 Post by Chuks » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Jeez! I think that the Slasher and I are on relatively good terms now, despite me thinking that Angela Merkel can walk on water while he thinks she might have made some bad decisions.

This terrible thing that Slasher has done is probably about the same thing as me rounding on poor old Donald Trump, his plagiarist wife, his chinless, gormless older sons, his reptilian older daughter and her yet more reptilian husband ... wait until we get onto Donald's pedigree Siberian hamster, when I shall probably find some unkind words for Little Donald II too! Should my unkind words upset the Trump faction here as much as Slasher's attack on Saint Angela Merkel did me? I hope so!

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#243 Post by 500N » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Chuks

Interesting conversation on the radio yesterday, re Trump, Obama etc. Asked to describe in one word each.

Most came back negative for Obama, including "Disappointed" whereas Trumps were so so but "hope" was the best one.

Why don't you give him a chance instead of bagging him before he is even in office. He certainly isn't getting a "free ride"
like Obama did for 8 years and still didn't achieve as much as he could have. It was also interesting to not that the "Red line"
incident was brought up a number of times.

On immigrants, Aust is shipping people out / cancelling visas, Citizenship, you name it and with full support.
Kiwis are copping it bad as are Sudanese, Africans who are part of the gangs.

When they are in jail it makes it easier (those that don't die in car crashes :D ) !!!
Of course the huggie fluffies try to run numerous appeals and trying to get the media on side but
don't seem to be winning many or the population.

Capetonian

#244 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:50 pm

It rather looks as if the enlightened are seeing through this 'poor refugee' nonsense, and the tide is turning. Idealism is fine in theory but it comes back to bite those who practise it.

As for Obama, to be fair it's easy to criticise him based on tangibles and what he has achieved, or not, depending on one's view, whereas nobody knows what Trump will achieve, we can only speculate based on hope and expectations. I emailed AA's 'Twas the night before the Inauguration' to a number of people yesterday, and got back an assortment of replies, but the one that struck me was this, from someone whom I respect and admire very much, and by extension, I normally respect, even if I don't agree with, her views.

"My opinion is that he (Obama) is one of the finest Presidents the USA has ever had. Perhaps your apartheid is showing? Don't know."

I fail to see anything good about Obama, but perhaps as someone who has little interest in the USA and its affairs, I'm not in a position to judge.

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#245 Post by 500N » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Cape

One of the commentators on the program, I think an American listed his achievements which were many and
a lot I agreed with. but he also went on to say that his non achievements (failures, not that I like the word)
were also great, partly because he seemed to lose interest and had lightweights in important positions.
And that was when he brought up the Red line incident which as everybody knows, lost him and the US a whole
heap of credibility the world over as no one took him seriously or knew if they could rely on him / the US after that.
It was a defining moment.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#246 Post by Chuks » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:04 am

You guys are going to be having a tough time soon, forced to leave Obama out of this, to have to pay attention to Donald Trump and his continued record of failure. That's to say that Trump is not even in office yet, but he's already caused multiple flaps with the way he flaps his lips on Twitter. Just wait to see how much more trouble he can cause once he's actually in office, as of some time later today. It will look pretty lame for Trump partisans to want to dig up failures by Obama and Clinton then, just doing "what-aboutery" in an attempt to ignore the fact of this deeply inadequate man having been elected.

Stand by for big trouble, particularly when those deluded enough to have voted for Trump realize that he has no intention of following through on various promises. No border wall, no mass expulsions of illegal migrants, no bar to Muslim immigration, no viable alternative to Obamacare on the terms promised, no significantly cheaper alternatives to Air Force One and the F-35, no warm fuzzies from Vladimir Putin ... pretty soon it really will be "morning in America" again, but this time for millions of Trump voters waking up to the fact that they have been duped.

Capetonian

#247 Post by Capetonian » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:47 am

particularly when those deluded enough to have voted for Trump realize that he has no intention of following through on various promises.

Just the same as all other politicians in the history of time then, so no surprises there. It's easy to make promises when in opposition. All politicians are self-serving phonies. Those losers who were deluded enough to vote for the loser of the election are going to be rioting and protesting that their candidate lost, so much then for democracy in what is meant to be the world's greatest democracy.

I wonder if Merkel let it be known when she was campaigning for election that she intended to fling open the borders of Germany, sorry, Europe, to a raggle taggle band of raghead goat f*uckers, many of whom wanted to suck off the welfare tit and destabilise society. I don't recall her promising to do that, but she did it anyway.

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#248 Post by 500N » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:00 am

Chuks

You can't say Obama followed through on his promises either. In fact because he didn't follow through on one promise he became a laughing stock, as did the US and he lost all credibility.

At least give Trump a chance.

The other thing is, Trump didn't create the divisions.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#249 Post by Chuks » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:34 am

500N, try to focus on Trump. Forget Obama for now.

Trump had his chance not to make promises he has no chance of keeping, when he blew that completely.

I assume that you guys can do basic math, to understand the numbers that pop up when you consider a wall, a "beautiful wall" running along a thousand miles of the US-Mexico border. How about $40 billion? https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6024 ... rder-wall/ Is that a promise he might be able to keep, or not?

Okay, so forget the wall. How about merely putting "Crooked Hillary" in jail? Cheap and do-able, but "Nah," just something he said without really meaning it.

How about releasing his tax returns, also perfectly do-able? Trump has decided (on what basis?) that the American people do not care about him keeping that promise he made, even though a recent survey suggests that 75% of us want to see his returns.

How about sorting out his conflicts of interest, another promise? A yuuge "Nah," this time! Trump is just going to stop talking to his two older sons while they run all these Trump-branded things without Donald ever finding out what is going on, perhaps by reading the papers, listening to the radio, watching television, or going onto the internet. Trump's position on this one? We elected him knowing he had these conflicts, so "Suck it, America!"

How about that Trump hotel in Washington, when the lease reads in black and white that a government official can't legally hold it? Is the President of the United States a government official? I guess so! So, Donald, what's the plan to sort this one out, as of two seconds after you take your little right hand off that Bible, having become a government official by being sworn in? This one is a no-brainer, just a "legal/illegal" thing, when it's suddenly going to be illegal for you to hold that lease. No, wait ... there I go again! Trump never promised not to do anything illegal did he?

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#250 Post by 500N » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:07 am

Tax returns ? As Trump said, the only ones interested are the press

You are going to spend the next 4 years picking apart and criticising everything he does.

Cacophonix

#251 Post by Cacophonix » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:19 am

500N wrote:Tax returns ? As Trump said, the only ones interested are the press

Really, so Joe public is really not interested that the 'swamp drainer extraordinaire' might not have paid much tax on his 'billions' while the IRS has been all over their two cents for the period? I don't think so!

You are going to spend the next 4 years picking apart and criticising everything he does.

You betcha!

Caco

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#252 Post by Chuks » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:36 am

"You are going to spend the next 4 years picking apart and criticising everything he does."

Wrong as usual, 500N. His resignation, and the big, Nixonian farewell wave from the door of Marine One would draw no criticism from me, nor from many other Americans. We live in hope.

Cacophonix

#253 Post by Cacophonix » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:41 am

Chuks wrote:"You are going to spend the next 4 years picking apart and criticising everything he does."

His resignation, and the big, Nixonian farewell wave from the door of Marine One would draw no criticism from me, nor from many other Americans. We live in hope.

What a 'beautiful thought'! The world, not just the USA, can only live in hope!

Caco

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#254 Post by 500N » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:09 am

Lol, wishful thinking Chuks.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#255 Post by Chuks » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:49 am

500N, "wishful thinking" is also Trump thinking that nobody but the press wants to see his tax returns, after that recent survey showed that 75% of the American public do want to see them.

"Fake survey," right? More wishful thinking ....

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#256 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Chuks:

500N, try to focus on Trump. Forget Obama for now.

That is so **** precious coming from you. Your ilk and Obama himself blamed all his woes on Bush for some years after he became president and you want us to forget Obama before Trump has been sworn in...

Have you got your boxes of tissues all lined up for midday yet?
Reasons for being banned to date:-

1. Espousing extreme views
2. PITA, (love this one)...

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#257 Post by Chuks » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 pm

AA, if I were you, I would swap from Kleenex to K-Y Jelly futures, A lot of Trump believers will be taking up the jacksie over the next four years.

Cukup Sudah
Snr FO
Snr FO

#258 Post by Cukup Sudah » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:10 pm

There are 690 positions in the Executive branch that requires confirmation by the Senate. 28 have been nominated by the new administration so far. No one from the new administration have apparently shown up to get any hand-over briefings, instructions or advice from the previous staff. The outgoing staff have left briefing folders on their desks, that's all.

Will there be a functioning Executive branch as of 12:01?
Still fooling Glenn Quagmire

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt

#259 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Cukup:

Do you have a reliable source or did the tooth fairy tell you that one?
Reasons for being banned to date:-

1. Espousing extreme views
2. PITA, (love this one)...

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#260 Post by 500N » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Cukup

Re briefings, maybe they took a leaf out of Obamas book, he skipped briefings for 8 years.