The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#6401 Post by Boac » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:50 am

USN rumoured to be talking to the Venezualan Patrol boat Captain - they think he has the necessary qualities for the post of acting Navy secretary should the Chump fire him too.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6402 Post by Boac » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:52 am

Morale will, I guess, be low on the Teddy and in the USN. I would like to hear the address to the crew by the new Captain. I think, really, the C-in-C should go on board and address the crew and tell them personally what a terrible job Crozier had done, bearing in mind
"Modly told a colleague he was thinking of relieving Crozier and that Trump “wants him fired.”

Let's remember no-one knows more about commanding a US carrier than the Chump. He should share this absolute knowledge. Maybe he could shake a few thousand hands on board while he is there? You ever know your luck. Hand out a few thousand MAGA hats too. Best leave Mrs C behind, though.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6403 Post by BenThere » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:45 am

Dr.Bo, I think the US Navy hierarchy saw a serious flaw in the Roosevelt Captain's actions that caused them to cut him off. I don't pretend to know the details, but I suspect he crossed some serious lines, going public, probably, when he should have gone through the chain of command with his complaints. I think I need to know a few more facts before I render my final take on this incident. I like his standing up for the troops, but I want to hear the other side. President Trump has reviewed the case and come down on the side of the Navy brass who fired him. What I suspect Captain Crozier's offense was is going outside procedures of chain of command, pursuing his concerns there, and going directly to the press with his open public communications. That's a no-no.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6404 Post by Boac » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:56 am

What I suspect Captain Crozier's offense was is going outside procedures of chain of command, pursuing his concerns there, and going directly to the press with his open public communications. That's a no-no.
Fully agree, but there are quite a few people who don't think that is what happened and I notice you have tried to deflect (again) the content of my post. Do you think the C-in-C should visit the ship and re-assure the Navy? Did the Chump order the action? Was the communication maliciously leaked? Do you know?

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6405 Post by BenThere » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:05 pm

I don't know any of that stuff except I'd give the likelihood of a President Trump visit the ship or even further commenting on the controversy 'unlikely' prediction. But what do I know?

Let's remember no-one knows more about commanding a US carrier than the Chump

I'm very surprised that you've come to that conclusion, even though you retain the juvenile 'Chump' moniker when discussing President Trump. That demeans you by the way, in my opinion.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6406 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:26 pm

BenThere wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:05 pm
even though you retain the juvenile 'Chump' moniker when discussing President Trump. That demeans you by the way, in my opinion.
You are lucky that the gentleman is so polite and restrained when he could have said something like:

"that festering orange pus filled bubo of bull called Trump"...

=)) :))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Seenenough

#6407 Post by Seenenough » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:59 pm

BenThere wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:05 pm
I'm very surprised that you've come to that conclusion, even though you retain the juvenile 'Chump' moniker when discussing President Trump. That demeans you by the way, in my opinion.
I agree Ben.Bo seemingly has no other goal in life but to display his absolute dislike of Trump in any way he can in whatever thread he can often ending up only ridiculing himself with his own feeble humor which he laughs at himself.He also keeps trying to tell us we are stupid because we don't agree with his dislike of Trump.

He posted this one just today
"At his daily briefing, Mr Trump said "there will be death" in a grim assessment of the days ahead." - a real JIGJAM, ain't he?

We know there will be death in the days ahead as he has said several times and so have Drs Fauci and Birx.There will be death not on in the US but also in many other places.Anyone who does not think that the next week or two will be grim is deluded.

Bo is just like our esteemed CNN reporter Jim Acosta who uses each and every Presidential Press Briefing to try and ridicule POTUS in any and every way by asking the dumbest questions over and over again and then interrupting a trying to spoil any answer that is given which is resulting in CNNs viewership tanking even further.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6408 Post by Boac » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:56 pm

TGG - I would caution against engaging in unfair battles of wits with our trolls. I am not a supporter of the feeble-minded 'Ignore' listers, but suggest you only respond when there is any value in their posts.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6409 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:56 pm
TGG - I would caution against engaging in unfair battles of wits with our trolls.
You make a good point Boac.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6410 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:44 pm

BenThere wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:45 am
What I suspect Captain Crozier's offense was is going outside procedures of chain of command, pursuing his concerns there, and going directly to the press with his open public communications. That's a no-no.
His offence wasn't that he spoke. His offence was that he spoke truthfully.

That's a no-no in the Chump administration.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6411 Post by ian16th » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:47 pm

I wonder what efforts he had made, via conventional routes.

Maybe he 'went public' in desperation after his earlier efforts achieved nowt.
Cynicism improves with age

Seenenough

#6412 Post by Seenenough » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Boac wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:56 pm
"but suggest you only respond when there is any value in their posts."
You might then find Bo that you will end up talking to yourself in your own echo chamber again ,if people only respond to anything of value that you have to say.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6413 Post by llondel » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:42 pm

ian16th wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:47 pm

This is my assumption too, he was getting no response through official channels and may even have been told to shut up about it, so he went public because he thought his men needed help that the chain of command wasn't providing.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6414 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:37 pm

llondel wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:42 pm
ian16th wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:47 pm

This is my assumption too, he was getting no response through official channels and may even have been told to shut up about it, so he went public because he thought his men needed help that the chain of command wasn't providing.
Apparently after he had been relieved of his command" (what a banal euphemism) another 15 of the crew were tested positive for the virus, just going to show that he was bang on the button in his risk assessment.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6415 Post by barkingmad » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:00 pm

So a former military man has confidence in “the chain of command”? So how do you/we know he had not already tried that avenue and drawn a blank?
Old RAF saying was “If you can find the chain of command, pull it!” This by way of referring to the older wall mounted WC cisterns actuated by a porcelain handle (if you wuz posh) on the end of a hanging chain. I trust you wealthy colonials will understand the analogy?
Crozier was an honourable officer who’ d probably reached the end of his tether and who fully understood the sh1tstorm which would follow his going outside and I commend him for his actions.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6416 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:56 pm

This page is intentionally blank...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6417 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:57 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:00 pm
So a former military man has confidence in “the chain of command”? So how do you/we know he had not already tried that avenue and drawn a blank?
Old RAF saying was “If you can find the chain of command, pull it!” This by way of referring to the older wall mounted WC cisterns actuated by a porcelain handle (if you wuz posh) on the end of a hanging chain. I trust you wealthy colonials will understand the analogy?
Crozier was an honourable officer who’ d probably reached the end of his tether and who fully understood the sh1tstorm which would follow his going outside and I commend him for his actions.
+1
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

brickhistory
Snr FO
Snr FO

#6418 Post by brickhistory » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:54 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:00 pm
A firm "maybe" on this one.

Embarrassing the Service is a sure-fire way to get fired, so why did he do it? Was he ignored when staying "in-house?"

Is there a political objective on the CAPT's part?

We simply do not know.

What I find curious is that the numerous admirals in the chain of command didn't fire him, but an acting SECNAV, a political appointee did. So a possible point for a political motivation.

But publicly saying that you are taking a strategic national asset like a carrier out of the rotation is a big no-no for operational reasons. So a possible point for an over-reaction on the CAPT's part.

We simply don't know.

But it must be, according to those who absolutely can nothing more than look longingly through the glass, occasionally licking it, I'm sure, at what we, Americans, are doing, Orange Man Bad.
What's his plan? A Russian doesn't take a dump without a plan.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6419 Post by Alisoncc » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:42 am

Reports Captain Crozier has tested positive for Coronavirus. Seems his correspondence was getting personal. Perhaps they wouldn't let him off the boat as well.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6420 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:00 am

While in the UK the fat greedy bastards short Britain by the pound...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 40581.html
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."