The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#7301 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:14 pm

in post #7297 I wrote:Any ex US Military on here agree with that?
Surprised that none of our members with US military time have expressed an opinion on this assault on a decorated senior officer. Do they agree? Are 'loyalties' that malleable?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7302 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:34 am

A deafening silence from Brick and Ben. Do we assume they agree?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7303 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:38 am

Seenenough wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:35 pm
If things are so bad ,Plumb, why is so much of off shore buying currently taking place on the NYSE?
More than half of all Dollars in existence are held overseas. When the Fed banksters create Trillions of Dollars of puff-money out of thin air, as they have done to an eyewatering extent this past year, they give that money to their domestic chums. That devalues overseas Dollar holders of value, ie it robs them of their perceived wealth.

When those robbery victims see what is happening to them, they rush to convert their increasingly worthless dollars into other asset classes such as equities (stocks). That pushes up the stock market indices.

That's what you are seeing. You just don't understand it.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#7304 Post by Bob » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:48 am

I still think the stable genius will get in again, but not with as much certainty as previously.
If he has not lost the last few brain cells to increasing dementia then he may realise that getting out this Autumn will leave the utter mess behind for someone else to clear up (Remember what happened with Bush MK2?, he spent massively, payback was left to the next POTUS but of course all the thickos thought it was Obamas fault because their tiny brains have trouble computing cause and effect it all gets lost in the haze of blind bigotry)

Purposely losing his second term would be the intelligent thing for him to do.
Of course if he loses despite trying to win he will lie and claim he lost on purpose anyway........as will his supporters
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7305 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:00 pm

The US’ top military official regrets taking part in President Donald Trump’s photo op walk across Lafayette Square in Washington, DC, on 1 June.

General Mark A Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who appeared behind Mr Trump in combat fatigues on that day, said: “I should not have been there.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 61036.html
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7306 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:47 pm

That's about twenty stars that have rebuked Trump so far. [-X
But as he says he is smarter than all of the generals. ~X( :-q L-) :((

PP

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7307 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:12 pm

However, Ben and Brick agree with him on Mattis.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7308 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Boac wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:12 pm
However, Ben and Brick agree with him on Mattis.
Ben and Brick, the veritable Gotz & Meyer, only obeying orders and playing their pseudo patriotism to the orchestra of a backfiring truck.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7309 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:34 am

It looks as if they have both 'dived deep' and are 'running silent' since they just cannot be seen to criticise the beloved leader, unlike some of the senior US military who are prepared to. Can it be that their own military careers are actually just keyboard episodes in the Walter Mitty show and they have no concept of service? I can assure everyone that if some dickhead like the Chump tried to re-write history this side of the pond there would be an outcry. A bit like BLM, really. Our military have some standards of decency.

I firmly believe that the real US military still hold basic principles dear.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7310 Post by BenThere » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:31 am

One of those military principles is that a foundation of the doctrine of civilian control of the military is that elections establish the command authority. When you're in the US military as a soldier, you are not allowed to disparage the Commander in Chief, the president. When you retire, some of those constraints are relaxed, but mostly by protocol rather than hard law.

The current group of generals almost simultaneously piling on President Trump is troubling to me. They should know better, especially since their quibble is relatively minor and smacks of a political motivation.

My reverence for US Marines is unbounded, and that these protesting, mostly Marine, retired generals are speaking out makes me take a second look. But they were mostly elevated in the President Obama years and were vetted for being on board with the regime at the time, mostly for gay and women issues.

I knew Admiral Mullen when I flew him around Europe when he was the commander of US naval forces in Europe, based in Napoli. He was and is a good guy. I'm disappointed that he has gone down this path of Trump-bashing.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7311 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:12 pm

Thank you, Ben. Are you therefore supporting the C-in-C in that Mattis was not a real marine?
The current group of generals almost simultaneously piling on President Trump is troubling to me. They should know better, especially since their quibble is relatively minor and smacks of a political motivation.
I assume you refer in part to General Milley? Was he wrong to complain about being used (presumably unwittingly) for political purposes? The term 'smacks of political motivation' is ironic. Would your view of the military suggest silence? I am relieved to hear it is 'troubling you'. Way to go. Can you see the problem?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7312 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:04 pm

James Corden kindly offering the Chump a free tutorial on how to hold a bible.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7313 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:43 pm

Stand by for a real Twatter storm from the bunker

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... wsource=cl

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7314 Post by llondel » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:31 pm

Two old white men fighting in the gutter. Sums up US politics quite well.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7315 Post by BenThere » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:20 am

Are you therefore supporting the C-in-C in that Mattis was not a real marine?
No. I think if he made it as a marine, and he clearly did, he will always be a real marine, which is why I pay attention to his thoughts. I don't have enough information to judge why he turned on President Trump or the justification of that. But he did, publicly, and that makes me uneasy. The US has some daunting challenges in front of us. Civil unrest, serious economic uncertainty, unemployment, the virus - we've got a full plate and if you ask me, we don't need the uprising of retired generals just now.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7316 Post by BenThere » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:45 am

I found a link that mostly reflects my take on this issue:

https://justthenews.com/government/secu ... e-duty-and

Like MacArthur said, "old soldiers just fade away".

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7317 Post by Boac » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:24 pm

You are still avoiding the main issue which is, as a Retired US serviceman, do you agree with the statement of someone with no military experience whatsoever 'eliminating' the career of a retired Marine?

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7318 Post by BenThere » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:38 pm

He hasn't really eliminated his his career has he? Mattis still has his voice in the vox populi. The real test is how all this plays with the electorate in November. My personal take is that President Trump is doing service as important as any retired general or admiral, defending the ramparts. It's more a matter of disagreement on policy. They seriously disagreed on Middle East policy and had a parting that resulted in Mattis's departing the inner circle. The president prevailed, but Mattis is free to continue to express his side. We all are free to consider their arguments.

Just being a highly accomplished and admirable officer doesn't confer infallibility.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7319 Post by Boac » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:59 pm

Ben wrote:He hasn't really eliminated his his career has he?
It must be a problem with language, then, as to re-tweet "Jim Mattis is no Marine" is, in English, doing just that. I mean, Ben, if he is not a Marine, what was he? I take it you are happy this was said by your President and C-in-C?

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7320 Post by BenThere » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:33 pm

I defend President Trump because I think he has done a good job facing challenging times, speaking his mind and fighting for the American nation, and dealing with the institutional forces arrayed against him. That doesn't mean I endorse everything he says or tweets, but overall I generally admire his work ethic, his desire to make America better, his executive talent, his exquisite First Lady, and other attributes.

As for his opponent, Joe Biden, I think he is a likable guy even though he hasn't achieved much in 40+ years in elective office and his intellect and mental state doesn't suit him for the presidency. If he is elected, a prospect I fear is trending in his favor for now, I see a disaster in the making, first is that he is inept and second as he is going to select a VP who will likely become president when is removed and will be gender and race qualified rather than by actual qualification.

But the US haas proven to be able to withstand poor election choices in the past and if we make another bad choice in November we'll recover and once again throw the bums out if our Constitution can remain intact. For now I believe President Trump is a treasure to enjoy. To throw him out as the Brits did Churchill would be tragic but not lethal to the nation, even though our civil tranquility will face a severe test. There are a lot of folks in America, like me, who will not take a takeover by the radical left lying down.

We are at a historical crossroads.