A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#4181 Post by John Hill » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:09 pm

BenThere wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 pm
When Hawaii was added as a territory to the US domain, it was a different world. Hawaii petitioned to become a state, however, of its own accord, no bayonet involved. By then, of course, Hawaii had seen the 1941 Pearl Harbor attack, a real bayonet, and set about pursuing its closer embrace of the American Way.
Re-read your history books Ben.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4182 Post by BenThere » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Further, any critical assessment of any nation controlled by a black-run government, beyond reproach, is not welcome, and comments by people without color are verboten.
Re-read your history books Ben.
I have, but I'm curious, what did your Kiwi history books say?

Slasher

#4183 Post by Slasher » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:38 am

No wonder raving idiot moron Cortez refused to debate with Shapiro. The silly bitch knows she'd be shot down in flames without a parachute within 10 seconds! =))

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4184 Post by BenThere » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:42 am

I've been watching Ben Shapiro for the last 6 months or so. As a New Yorker, he speaks way too fast for me to take it all in. But when I replay the clip, I can get the gist. Shapiro devastates leftists. That's what he does. He does it with logic, knowledge, being informed, and pointed counter arguments. It's too bad half the world lacks that talent and perception..

Slasher

#4185 Post by Slasher » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:10 am

Leftists and Liberals are just plain scared of him Ben, as many of his other clips you've undoubtedly seen amply demonstrate. They know publically debating with him will only make them appear to all and sundry the fools that they are.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4186 Post by John Hill » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:04 am

BenThere wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:21 pm
I have, but I'm curious, what did your Kiwi history books say?
Whataboutery Ben?
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4187 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:50 am

BenThere wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:03 pm
Hawaii had been a kingdom, but the US had annexed it long before it became a state.
The Imperial takeover of Hawaii was pure fascism. Quintessential American behaviour.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4188 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:26 am

n
Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:50 am
BenThere wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:03 pm
Hawaii had been a kingdom, but the US had annexed it long before it became a state.
The Imperial takeover of Hawaii was pure fascism. Quintessential American behaviour.
BenThere's grasp of American history tends to be very selective at best as was evidenced by his comments on the chronology of the Korean War some pages back. I will spare his blushes (assuming he has any shame) by not posting a link to that farrago! It was after that exchange that I decided not to take him too seriously about anything at all again. These days I exchange banter and the briefest of insults with him, simply for the fun and to keep in practice lest I become too kind!

What is it about Trump supporters that facts, truth and some accuracy seem so antithetical to their worldview? From hamburgers to history, the litany of their untruths etc. is quite extraordinary. As always I am surprised when I find pilots living in such fantasy worlds. What is almost sad, or rather pathetic, is the whinging when they are called out on this nonsense! Nary an excuse except name calling and complaints of lefty bias and aggression (as if looking for facts, was a form of aggression or even the prerogative of the left wing only). All very tedious to be honest.

Caco

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4189 Post by Boac » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:03 am

Caco wrote:What is it about Trump supporters that facts, truth and some accuracy seem so antithetical to their worldview?
His supporters here go into a trembling state of 'whataboutery' when challenged on his falsehoods which now number over seven times the number of hamberders he bought - and never give an answer. I assume that if these folk have been allowed to breed (perhaps the 'Deep State' did not prevent for some lefty humanitarian ideal?) that their offspring are brought up to believe that lying, deceiving and manipulating the truth is God's way? Great!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4190 Post by Boac » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:53 am

At least it would appear that 'lyin' Sarah' is going to be doing a bit less lyin'.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4191 Post by Boac » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:43 am

Dear Donald - thanks for the invitation to have fun!

https://theweek.com/speedreads/819205/s ... dia-photos

(You asked for it!)

Seenenough

#4192 Post by Seenenough » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:22 pm

Its has been funny to see how the two "bombshell"news events over the week end, the Fuzzfeed story about Cohen claiming he was told to lie to Congress and the Covington High School protest controversy have both been exposed as manipulated and misleading.Lots of furious backpedaling by many who drew conclusions to quickly.

I cannot wait to see how the Democrat primary elections go.It would appear for now that poor old Bern is not left enough anymore.Several of the announced candidates are already apologizing for earlier statements and positions ,as they are becomming exposed as they come under closer scrutiny .Unsurprisingly they all claim that they see the errors in their previous thoughts and have now changed their points of view.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4193 Post by Boac » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:44 pm

QED again!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4194 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Way back in this thread Slasher suggested that perhaps the majority of us have less than 100% pride in our own country of origin. Well, I do. However the 'country' for me is London, where my immediate ancestors lived and in which I take great pride, whereas the rest of the UK can get stuffed as far as I am concerned. Bud Flannigan said (or rather sang) it perfectly. Likewise Dr S. Johnson, Esq.

Slasher

#4195 Post by Slasher » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:33 pm

I'm similar OFSO but only in the history of my home country. Sure I'll have friendly competitiveness with my Pom mates when it come to England v Oz in cricket, but if the Aussies lose I don't bawl my head off about it. The only allegiance I have is to my wife's honeypot.

The only day I'm proud to be Australian, for the past 30 years, is ANZAC Day commemorated on 25th April each year. I had used to regularly attend the Dawn service at Singapore Kranji memorial, sadly not in recent years due to my varying geographical locations. This year however I fully intend to show up.

Anyway a further off-topic primarily addressed to Ben and Seen but also any American. Was sent to me by one of the Yank capts with my old mob when he told me he was mailing some docs to me via the American Post Office from New Hampshire where he's presently on vacation. Worth a look at. Runs for 34 mins.

PS: Capt is an American national who gave up his US citizenship and is therefore not liable to pay any Federal tax whatsoever whether living in America or not.

Seenenough

#4196 Post by Seenenough » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:42 pm

Very interesting Slash-there is always something new to learn.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4197 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:56 pm

I wonder if our historically "accurate" US afficiandao, el BenThere, has ever heard of these guys who make even Seenenough, our South African operative in the USA, sound, just a little bit tame...

I speak here of Emperor Norton and, of course of Fritz Joubert Duquesne!

You boys think I know **** nothing, when I know **** all (a bit like Ben and the Korean War)! =))

330px-His-Imperial-Majesty-Emperor-Norton-I-portrait-crop.jpg
330px-His-Imperial-Majesty-Emperor-Norton-I-portrait-crop.jpg (48 KiB) Viewed 298 times

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Joubert_Duquesne

Caco

Seenenough

#4198 Post by Seenenough » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 pm

Caco-WTF are you on about" South African operative"

To much Turps again most likely.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4199 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:01 am

Seenenough wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 pm
Caco-WTF are you on about" South African operative"

To much Turps again most likely.
You are straight up and down Seenough! I like you for that, with or without turps! ;)))

Caco

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4200 Post by BenThere » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:10 am

Caco, you've brought up what you perceive to be my my shortcomings and disgrace around my previous comments on the post-WWII history of Korea. I'd like to call you on that. Please point out where I was clearly discredited in your view. If you have a point I'll acknowledge my mistake(s). If I had a point, I'll defend it. Fair enough?