The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#7261 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:38 pm

Asset prices are going up while the real economy is flushed down the toilet because Trillions of puff-money are being injected into the markets.

Great for the top 1%ers, who own 30% of the wealth, but shite for the bottom 50% who own less than 8% of the wealth.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7262 Post by Boac » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:13 pm

The thot plickens. Twitter now accusing the Chump of 'lying' in his twats about Mattis.

More popcorn PLEASE!

It is also reported that 'boogaloo' (qv) has been inciting and stirring up the riots. (Boogaloo described as a "loose network of pro-gun shitposters".) Hmm. Sounds familiar.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7263 Post by llondel » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:22 pm

OK, this is the sort of survey being sent out to Trump supporters.
TrumpSurvey.jpg

Seenenough

#7264 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:36 pm

It looks like things in the US economy are getting back to where they were much faster than expected and the Covid numbers remain in a declining trend.The Dow went back over 27000 today on the much better than expected job numbers.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7265 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:46 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:38 pm
Asset prices are going up while the real economy is flushed down the toilet because Trillions of puff-money are being injected into the markets.

Great for the top 1%ers, who own 30% of the wealth, but shite for the bottom 50% who own less than 8% of the wealth.
I was looking at my pension stock based value and am feeling depressed... I am considering a less misbegotten retirement or one predicated on the immediate adoption of crime.

I am in the squeezed middle kind of monkey class. Pay my taxes, personal and business, have never taken a £ in benefits, pay my NI contributions and have used the NHS which once saved my life for which I truly grateful. Still I feel I am going to be squeezed like the proverbial empty tube of toothpaste come the great Covid fall out and don't mention the huge cost of the Brexit bull that will push the majority under in this once great and prosperous country, while the really wealthy, the top 5% short the £... and laugh their their way to the Bahamas or Jersey or the Isle of Man (sorry not the USA so I am off topic here) and collect £200 on their monopoly way...

Mea culpa...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Seenenough

#7266 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:01 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:46 pm
Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:38 pm

I was looking at my pension stock based value and am feeling depressed... I am considering a less misbegotten retirement or one predicated on the immediate adoption of crime.

I am in the squeezed middle kind of monkey class. Pay my taxes, personal and business, have never taken a £ in benefits, pay my NI contributions and have used the NHS which once saved my life for which I truly grateful. Still I feel I am going to be squeezed like the proverbial empty tube of toothpaste come the great Covid fall out and don't mention the huge cost of the Brexit bull that will push the majority under in this once great and prosperous country, while the really wealthy, the top 5% short the £... and laugh their their way to the Bahamas or Jersey or the Isle of Man (sorry not the USA so I am off topic here) and collect £200 on their monopoly way...

Mea culpa...
Maybe more applicable to the UK Hamster Wheel,Covid or Brexit threads.

Our market is up over 900 points today which is about a 3,5% increase on yesterday.

As we are on the US thread I see Biden,Trumps Campaigner in Chief, has opened his mouth again to change feet once more and has declared 10-15% of Americans to be '' very bad people ".It is going to be interesting how he faces the tough questions regarding this statement.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7267 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:01 pm
Our market is up over 900 points today which is about a 3,5% increase on yesterday.
Another 600Bn Euros of puffmoney were pumped into the system by the Eurobanksters yesterday.

Assets prices up today, worldwide. Quelle Surprise! :-o

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7268 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:39 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm
Seenenough wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:01 pm
Another 600Bn Euros of puffmoney were pumped into the system by the Eurobanksters yesterday.

Assets prices up today, worldwide. Quelle Surprise! :-o
Misery likes a Bull Market or vice versa...

Bull - never was a truer word spoken.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Seenenough

#7269 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:36 pm

I went in to get my haircut today and my Barber told me that he has seen many new faces come into his shop,over the last few weeks, telling hm that they are from out of State looking to get a job and then to relocate their families here .They should not have troublefinding jobs as there are help wanted signs up everywhere.

Our State had very low unemployment before the pandemic and although salaries and wages are not as high as in the big cities the cost of living and taxes are very much lower with the added bonus of having he great outdoor lifestyle ,that we are privileged to enjoy ,as part of the deal.

There are few houses for sale and I am getting calls form agents all looking to get us to put our house on the market as demand for houses from outside of the state has increased dramatically.Out of curiosity I asked an one of the agents to value our house and I was quite shocked to hear what price he thought we could achieve if we sold.

As long as I stay ahead of the inflation curve ,which I well am ,its good for me, puff money included.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7270 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:36 pm
I went in to get my haircut today and my Barber told me that he has seen many new faces come into his shop,over the last few weeks, telling hm that they are from out of State looking to get a job and then to relocate their families here .They should not have troublefinding jobs as there are help wanted signs up everywhere.

Our State had very low unemployment before the pandemic and although salaries and wages are not as high as in the big cities the cost of living and taxes are very much lower with the added bonus of having he great outdoor lifestyle ,that we are privileged to enjoy ,as part of the deal.

There are few houses for sale and I am getting calls form agents all looking to get us to put our house on the market as demand for houses from outside of the state has increased dramatically.Out of curiosity I asked an one of the agents to value our house and I was quite shocked to hear what price he thought we could achieve if we sold.

As long as I stay ahead of the inflation curve ,which I well am ,its good for me, puff money included.
**** your puff money.., ;)))

Come on tell us what State? o:-)
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7271 Post by BenThere » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:47 pm

I know Seenenough's State, but it's up to his discretion to disclose it. But I can report a similar experience. I live between Democrat enclaves of Ann Arbor and Detroit in Canton, Michigan, a Republican stronghold. Our police force robustly patrols our streets and our population is known for being armed. I think we are the safest city in Michigan with over 50,000 population.

I have been inundated with realtor enquiries asking if I want to sell my home. Our local market is red hot, even though our labor and covid-19 affected economy has been in the doldrums for some time. People want to live out here on the edge of Detroit where they feel safer, with a strong police presence.

My friend went to Cabela's, a primary firearms retailer around here, to purchase a .45 revolver, which I am in the market for as well, this week. They were pretty much sold out of inventory and told him they could take orders but without any delivery time guarantee. He reported sales have gone through the roof since the riots started.

I just absolutely love the 2nd Amendment.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#7272 Post by Dushan » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:26 pm

Seenenough, forget the red hot jobs and real state market, what I want to know is how do I get to your barber. I need a haircut, badly.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7273 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:34 pm

Dushan wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:26 pm
I need a haircut badly.
You don't need a barber to get your haircut badly - ani fule will do that for you.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7274 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:52 am

G-CPTN wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:34 pm
Dushan wrote:
I need a haircut badly.
You don't need a barber to get your haircut badly - ani fule will do that for you.
=))

Seenenough

#7275 Post by Seenenough » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:53 am

Dushan wrote:
Seenenough, forget the red hot jobs and real state market, what I want to know is how do I get to your barber. I need a haircut, badly.
Come and visit Montana.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7276 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:00 am

Seenenough wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:53 am
Come and visit Montana.
Prolm is: how to I get to my departure airport legally?

Then there's the local prolm of staying indoors for a fortnight when I get back.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7277 Post by BenThere » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:14 am

Can you quarantine at home or do you have to stay at a government mandated hotel? My wife is having the same problem trying to go to Australia. Right now she would have to stay in a designated hotel in Sydney (expensive) for two weeks before she is released to go see her Mum.

We've been having similar problems going to our home in Mexico. Most US carrier flights have been cancelled and you have to have an approved purpose to obtain approvals to get in or out. So we're just sticking around in Michigan, which is actually very nice this time of year. We were able to book flights June 29 to Mexico, and we're keeping our fingers crossed, but we've already learned that you can think you're on a flight, then it gets cancelled just as you're packing to go. Maybe I'll just go Walleye fishing.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7278 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:17 pm

BenThere wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:14 am
Maybe I'll just go Walleye fishing.
Please use legal tackle and techniques. ;)))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7279 Post by Boac » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:20 pm

....and don't get caught yourself... :))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7280 Post by Boac » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:19 pm

I hear that when the security staff rushed poor Donnie to the Bunker on Friday night he was confused because he had never played golf at night before. He did, however, get out of this bunker.