The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Seenenough

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#4581 Post by Seenenough » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:32 pm

Rasmussen polls have Trump at 49% approve and 49% disapprove -it must be a lie Bo

Seenenough

#4582 Post by Seenenough » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:14 pm

Talking of liars Bo-Jim Comey has said today that he does not care what the outcome of the Mueller investigation says.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4583 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:38 am

7 States and counties/cities within 16 other States have passed regulations against the federal enforcement actions of ICE on illegal immigrants.
https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities-Co ... and-States

3 States and counties/cities in 9 other States have passed regulations or stated they will not enforce federal laws which restrict gun rights as per the Second Amendment.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- ... ss-country

Several States have counties that support rejections of federal law in one or the other case. I do not think any reject both.

America is choosing sides.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4584 Post by Boac » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:25 am

From the appropriately named 'Vice News':

"Widening scrutiny after the two recent Boeing 737 Max crashes could blow back on the White House and the government as a whole.

To start, President Donald Trump has left the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the government agency that oversees air travel, without a permanent head for more than a year — during the time of both crashes, which claimed a total of 356 lives. A former Boeing executive, Patrick Shanahan, also sits on Trump’s Cabinet as the acting secretary of defence. On Wednesday, the Pentagon’s Office of the Inspector General opened up a probe into allegations that Shanahan tried to boost Boeing’s contracts with the U.S. government. Although unrelated to the crashes, the investigation could shed light on just how much influence Boeing has within the administration.

“There are lots of reasons to be concerned about Trump’s ability to protect the public and the flying public,” said Kathleen Clark, a law professor at Washington University in St. Louis and expert in government ethics."

Remember - this is the man who falsely (yes, another lie) boasted his 'prowess' in improving aviation safety.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4585 Post by BenThere » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:35 am

President Trump just appointed Delta's retired head of flight operations to the FAA administrator position, he's now awaiting Senate confirmation.

He's also a former F-15 USAF pilot. I've met the man but don't know him. I thought he was good at his job at Delta, and under his watch Delta completed the best airline merger ever with Northwest, and Delta rose to become, IMHO, America's premier airline, which had much to do with running a top notch flight operation.

Seenenough

#4586 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:54 pm

Ben-the slow walking of every nomination that Trump has made by the Senate minority is also one of those little facts that the media say little about.

There are close to 40 vacant US Ambassador posts because of the obstructionism of those who oppose the nominations.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4587 Post by Boac » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:14 pm

I don't believe it! The lunatics are everywhere. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47670717

Anyone any good at crucifixion?

Seenenough

#4588 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Any predictions on what the Mueller report has said?

Seenenough

#4589 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:54 pm

Grab your kleenex Bo-Mueller has said that there are no further charges to be brought.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4590 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:09 pm

I have my own nail gun...

..I can get you a reference from Hillary :ymdevil:

Seenenough

#4591 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:52 pm

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:09 pm
I have my own nail gun...

..I can get you a reference from Hillary :ymdevil:
Hillary who is probably is going to have to drink a fair bit of Chardonnay to sooth her worry tonight over what could happen next regarding both her dealings with the Clinton Foundation and her funding of the "dossier" which Mueller has found,it would appear, has not, nor has ever had ,the slightest bit of credibility.

Probably a lot of frantic calls going out about now trying to secure behind the scenes agreements for the matter to be left at this and for everyone to "move forward" from it all.

Schiff obviously has not got the memo as he is now threatening to supoena Mueller to a congressional hearing.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4592 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:17 pm

What difference, at this point, does it make?
=)) =))

Personally, I think Trump has wisely been playing the long game on this one. They've been digging a deeper and deeper hole hoping they could push him in. Now it is themselves who will fall in.

Mueller
a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Seenenough

#4593 Post by Seenenough » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:15 am

Lots of large civil claims going to be made soon,I sense.

Watergate was a parking ticket in comparison to this mess.

The saddest thing of all is the destruction that the whole investgation has had in dividing country all because the establishment would not accept that Hillary Clinton (despite all of her rigging)lost the election to Trump.The DOJ and the FBI have come out of this all with a lot of damage to their credibility and they will have much to do to win back the confidence of the public.

Clinton,Lynch,Brennan,Clapper,Comey and a whole slew of others better pray hard that Trump will be the greater person and move on.

Obama and what he knew about it,who knows?

Seenenough

#4594 Post by Seenenough » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:33 am

Next bit of bad news for the Democrats will be the second Horowitz report.

Who is the polices the police?

Slasher

#4595 Post by Slasher » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:40 am

Has anyone else noticed today the US Debt yield curve has finally inverted? This doesn't bode well, however I'm sure the 'crats will weaponise any recession this year and blame Trump.

Thing is it doesn't matter whether one loves the commie rooftop dancer or the POTUS, the sh!t will hit the fan anyway.

I've decided to buy more gold tomorrow. No immediate rush to flog off all of one's US cash holdings just yet.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4596 Post by OFSO » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:19 pm

Catalan news just had something about Impeachment running across the screen when I woke up from my siesta. Trump ? May ? Macron ? What have I missed...

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#4597 Post by Stoneboat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:19 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:19 pm
Catalan news just had something about Impeachment running across the screen when I woke up from my siesta. Trump ? May ? Macron ? What have I missed...
Trudeau, hopefully. :))

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4598 Post by OFSO » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:30 pm

That's the trouble with Impeachments. None around for ages and then four turn up together...

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4599 Post by BenThere » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:28 pm

I've been watching coverage of the Meuller report investigating for two years or so, the possible collusion with Russians to sway the 2016 election. As President Trump has said all along, he didn't do anything wrong, and now he's saying he's fine with making the report public. As of today, all we know is that Mueller recommends no further indictments. The rub is the narrative that accompanies his conclusions. That should be revealed soon.

All in all I regard this as very positive for the Trump administration. It dismisses all the breathless anticipation of impeachment, indictment, handcuffs, etc. that Boac has taken on board and informed us of since the election. I have no wish to make Boac look silly in retrospect; I only suggest he review his posts.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4600 Post by Boac » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:59 pm

Will do.