The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Seenenough

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#3981 Post by Seenenough » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:23 pm

Interesting to watch the Democrats evading the question.They are being asked why they previously supported physical border security but are now not willing to provide the funds.

Wait till you see how they start squealing when Trump sends the military down to add numbers and assets to deal with the problem.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3982 Post by Boac » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:36 pm

I thought they were offering 'funds'. Are you saying they are not? I am also sure they support 'physical border security' or are you saying they don't? Can you back up these statements?

Seenenough

#3983 Post by Seenenough » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 pm

You may want to see the interview Neil Cavuto just had with Senator Chris Van Hollen who is a Democrat.He clearly indicates in the interview that the Democrats want no further physical barries built and he is one of those who previously approved barriers but now has an issue with it.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3984 Post by Boac » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:27 pm

Well, I see them offering $1.3billion? Just watched Cavuto get trounced by logic. I thought CVH's logic was correct. Spend the money where it is needed. Stop the 4000 coming in through ports of entry. Is that wrong?

Seenenough

#3985 Post by Seenenough » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:00 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:27 pm
Well, I see them offering $1.3billion? Just watched Cavuto get trounced by logic. I thought CVH's logic was correct. Spend the money where it is needed. Stop the 4000 coming in through ports of entry. Is that wrong?
But you would have also seen Bo that he ducked out of the question of why are you not agreeing to it now when you agreed to it previously.

Seenenough

#3986 Post by Seenenough » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:07 pm

Funny Bo how Pelosi started off the meeting with Trump by saying she wont give anything regarding the wall and then in the press conference is all offended because Trump ended the meeting as a result of her comments.

Slasher

#3987 Post by Slasher » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:47 am

This is why I don't trust the American MSM, Oz ABC and the Beeb.

Caco and Seen. Thanks for your replies.

Seenenough

#3988 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:31 am

Slash-You are welcome.I think that you should expect a bit of a response from a couple of the Amigos to your video clip.

I don't know if you saw that the mainstream media are turning one of their own tonight.The AP dared to break ranks and suggest that the Democrats have at least equal blame in the shut down.

I think Trump will offer DACA pathway to citizenship for the wall.Lets see if the Democrats turn it down again.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3989 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:10 am

Seenenough wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:31 am
Slash-You are welcome.I think that you should expect a bit of a response from a couple of the Amigos to your video clip.

I don't know if you saw that the mainstream media are turning one of their own tonight.The AP dared to break ranks and suggest that the Democrats have at least equal blame in the shut down.

I think Trump will offer DACA pathway to citizenship for the wall.Lets see if the Democrats turn it down again.
Keep taking the pills and the Kool-Aid as I do too guys!

However I don't do conspiracy theories from the web's dark back passage... like the very dubious sources that masquerade as honest media brokers such as Breitbart et al.

There is certainly an element of truth in some of what Sharyl Attkisson says but don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Remember she also makes her crust out of peddling a story and selling her books about how corrupt, venal and unreliable the press is. A smear, if you will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharyl_Attkisson

One has to listen and assess information from all sources, and use the calm calculus of reason to sift the wheat from the chaff and the mainstream media, left and right orientated, for all their faults, should constitute part of that process as should the scientific principle, the lucid arts of logic, Boole and even a passing nod to Occam too! ;)))

Interesting video Slash. I may even buy her book. An articulate commentator at the very least but this kink in her thinking worries me...
n her reporting, Attkisson has published stories linking vaccines with autism; the scientific community has found no evidence of such a link.Seth Mnookin, Professor of Science Writing and the Director of the Graduate Program in Science Writing at MIT, described Attkisson as "one of the least responsible mainstream journalists covering vaccines and autism. Again and again, she’s parroted anti-vaccine rhetoric long past the point that it’s been decisively disproved."

In 2011, Paul Offit criticized Attkisson's reporting on vaccines as "damning by association" and lacking sufficient evidence in his book Deadly Choices. In the medical literature, Attkisson has been accused of using problematic rhetorical tactics to "imply that because there is no conclusive answer to certain problems, vaccines remain a plausible culprit." Attkisson said that she favors vaccinating children, but claimed that research suggests that "a small subset of children" have brains that are vulnerable to vaccines. She has said that pharmaceutical companies are discouraging research into the vaccine-autism link, and that they pressured CBS News to stop covering the purported link
Anybody for a conspiracy theory...?

Caco

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3990 Post by Boac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Aha! A positive maybe from the Chump on the 'National Emergency'. Also it appears he had intended, right from the start, for Mexico to pay cash for the wall, not to pay by cheque.

This is the 'intellectual giant' who took well over 2 years to work out that you could not see through his favourite choice - a 'hardened concrete' wall and over 2 years to work out that building it in steel might actually help the US steel industry, as opposed to his 'tariffs'. Hmm - some intellect you've got there, Trumpsters.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3991 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Boac wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:41 pm
Aha! A positive maybe from the Chump on the 'National Emergency'. Also it appears he had intended, right from the start, for Mexico to pay cash for the wall, not to pay by cheque.

This is the 'intellectual giant' who took well over 2 years to work out that you could not see through his favourite choice - a 'hardened concrete' wall and over 2 years to work out that building it in steel might actually help the US steel industry, as opposed to his 'tariffs'. Hmm - some intellect you've got there, Trumpsters.
Don't to be too hard on them Boac, they are still working out how to log on here! =))

They will be along eventually with some lame excuses for Trump's idiocy.

Caco

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3992 Post by Boac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:02 pm

OK - maybe Ben is one of the dozen or so 'US Nationals' detained at the border at the moment?

Seenenough

#3993 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:20 pm

Amigos-Even Cher is bright enough to tell Nancy and Chuck-"Give him his wall.Dont die on this hill"

Quite good advice I thought.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3994 Post by llondel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:41 pm

I object to paying for it. It's not going to achieve its stated purpose and will cause harm in other areas. I hope they stand firm and refuse (with apologies to Federal employees caught up in it). All it takes is McConnell to let the Senate vote on it and the whole shutdown could be over.

Seenenough

#3995 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:09 pm

CNN's Jim Acosta has switched sides and makes the case that a wall does work in keeping people out.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3996 Post by Boac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 pm

Which is why you need one around the White House :))

Look at the dear old Dick-head's latest 'memory lapse'

Today
"When I said Mexico would pay for the wall in front of thousands and thousands of people... obviously I never meant Mexico would write a cheque," but I hoped the people would swallow it...and they did

From a campaign memo of 2016 https://web.archive.org/web/20160721080 ... r-the-wall

" It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. "

Well, at least he did mention trade there, but......

Seenenough

#3997 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Lawyers licking their lips about the Bezos divorce.

Seenenough

#3998 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 pm

Boac wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 pm

Well, at least he did mention trade there, but......
You seem to forget Bo that Mexico did sign a new trade agreement which had way less favorable terms that they had enjoyed under NAFTA.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3999 Post by Boac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm

....and has not yet been signed?

Seenenough

#4000 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Boac wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 pm
....and has not yet been signed?