The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Slasher

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#5681 Post by Slasher » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:38 am

You have to remember Ian the USA has been broke for some time now. The IRS will blatantly rob every damn cent from who it can, whenever it can.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5682 Post by Boac » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Have to hope Humpty appoints a Twatter checker soon:

"The U.S. now has a very strong and powerful foreign policy, much different than proceeding administrations."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5683 Post by OFSO » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Just been watching Maria Yovanovitch give testimony at the Impeachment Hearing. A very impressive lady and a credit to the USA.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5684 Post by Boac » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:50 pm

I see that Rudy reckons he has an 'insurance policy' on Humpty if it all goes pear-shaped for him. Should he ever need to 'cash in' the policy and spill the dirt, he will, of course INSTANTLY go from a great buddy to become a 'Never-Trumper'/'loser'/'sad'/'lyin' Rudy' etc etc by tweet - and he would then, of course, be unwise to venture onto 5th Avenue without a full Kevlar body suit :))

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5685 Post by BenThere » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:21 pm

You're confusing the Trumps with the Clintons. It was the Clintons' opponents who tended to 'disappear'. Monica was perhaps only saved by Linda Tripp and the blue dress. I've never seen any untoward violence accusations leveled at the Trumps.

ricardian
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5686 Post by ricardian » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:37 pm

I watched Ambassador Maria Yovanovitch on BBC TV today. A very professional performance and she received a well-deserved standing ovation as she left the room at the end of the session.
Ricardian, Stronsay, Orkney UK
www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk
visitstronsay.com
https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/EGER

prospector
Capt
Capt

#5687 Post by prospector » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:12 am

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/473529-democra ... aign=Email

A different, and from my view point more accurate summation of events in the political world of Washinton

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5688 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:37 am

prospector wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:12 am

A different, and from my view point more accurate summation of events in the political world of Washinton
Sir, have you never thought that your life as an honorable USAF officer and citizen of the United States of America would be more illustrative of the goodness in your land than the infinity of things that make a good man disrespect you and your good country, ergo blind subservience to an idiot, liar, like Bone Spurs?

The Goblin
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

prospector
Capt
Capt

#5689 Post by prospector » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:31 am

"ergo blind subservience to an idiot, liar, like Bone Spurs?" Your opinion only. He was elected as the president of the United States. That office deserves respect.

I am not a citizen of the United States, but I am well aware that what happens in that country has effects that ripple around the world.\

Would you in your knowledge of things political in the US of A believe that the country would have been better served by the likes of Hilary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and Adam Schiff?

One thing that I give the man respect for is his reaction to the shooting down of the UNMANNED drone over, or very close to the Iranian border. Who else in the American political scene would have decided not to start a war over an unmanned drone, that many would say should not have been there , was shot down with no loss of life involved?.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5690 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:56 am

prospector wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:31 am
"ergo blind subservience to an idiot, liar, like Bone Spurs?" Your opinion only. He was elected as the president of the United States. That office deserves respect.

I am not a citizen of the United States, but I am well aware that what happens in that country has effects that ripple around the world.\

Would you in your knowledge of things political in the US of A believe that the country would have been better served by the likes of Hilary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and Adam Schiff?

One thing that I give the man respect for is his reaction to the shooting down of the UNMANNED drone over, or very close to the Iranian border. Who else in the American political scene would have decided not to start a war over an unmanned drone, that many would say should not have been there , was shot down with no loss of life involved?.
Sir as a man who served in another country I would say that I would have hoped my Commander in Chief would have been more gentle on his feet.

That aside I have lived and worked in the USA and, in my pomp, also flew there as well.

Dear Don gets it right in the same way as a stopped clock is right twice a day.

As for the rest, one judges people by their intelligence and their honesty and by their tendency to expect honesty from their politicians, You seem to fail, like so many others, in this in the same way that I see in the amoral Englishmen that I have the misfortune to be surrounded by at the moment.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

prospector
Capt
Capt

#5691 Post by prospector » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:20 am

That was the only question in my post, and I was rather hoping for an answer to that .

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5692 Post by Boac » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:03 am

Having seen that our Prince Andrew has conducted a TV interview where he 'cannot recall' some alleged sexual exploits (whether that is because he had so many through his association with Epstein, has dementia or is suggesting the 'topical' lady involved is lying, is not clear - I suspect the 'clarification' was 'avoided'), it is becoming apparent that the unfortunate suicide of Epstein (while on suicide watch, amazingly....does that mean they watched while he did it?) would have been an 'expediency' for the upper echelons on both sides of the Atlantic. Now HMQ is to 'honour' Humpty by serving him Royal Hamberders at the Palace in December. Anyone got any spare tinfoil and peanut butter?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5693 Post by OFSO » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:26 am

'Our' Prince Andrew ? Maybe yours, matey. Not mine. He was advised not to do that interview. Should have listened to his advisors.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5694 Post by Boac » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:10 pm

It is becoming necessary now to re-write the nursery rhyme - Humpty Trumpty didn't just fall off the (beautiful) wall - he pushed himsekf off.

Slasher

#5695 Post by Slasher » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:47 pm

boing wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:22 am
I have a smart taxman, I will ask him tomorrow.
Dunno if:

a) he knows about it, or
b) is willing to cut his own financial throat by informing you of it. He makes his income by filing tax forms for yours. Tax Code 26 (or 126?) and all that.

A bunch of explanation vids resent by the Texan to follow when I get a round tuit.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5696 Post by llondel » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:31 am

prospector wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:12 am

I'm guessing both you and they were watching a different event to the rest of us. Perhaps they were watching the Fox News coverage, it sounds a bit like that. Considering that Trump was adding to the list of dubious activities in real time by tweeting threats at the witnesses, he's managed to incriminate himself without needing anyone else to help.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5697 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:50 pm

prospector wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:20 am

That was the only question in my post, and I was rather hoping for an answer to that .
Hobson's choice I guess prospector. I hope you have better in NZ or wherever you may live... Your question is apposite and, sadly, I have no answer!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5698 Post by barkingmad » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Chumps latest utterance on Jewish resettlements obviously shows whose votes he’s chasing for next years bunfight?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5699 Post by Boac » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:45 pm

..and he is 'poking fun' at Vindman for appearing before Congress in uniform (a requirement that Colonel Bonespurs is not aware of, of course). What a twat.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#5700 Post by prospector » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:24 pm

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/473833-impeach ... m_campaign

A different interpretation of the proceedings.