The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Dushan
Capt
Capt

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#7861 Post by Dushan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:13 pm

It is estimated that his treatment may have cost nearly $1million - good of him to offer it free to all Americans.

Those of you who always advocate government run healthcare refer to it as "free". Since the treatment the President received was at the military, US government owned and operated, hospital, then his treatment was free.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7862 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:19 pm

Dushan wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:13 pm
Those of you who always advocate government run healthcare refer to it as "free". Since the treatment the President received was at the military, US government owned and operated, hospital, then his treatment was free.
Why don't you move to Mother F Alabama. Don you Proud Boys strides, and make a Dick of yourself.

You Eastern Europeans, who can't do **** maths should serve pizza's or whatever you can do and shut the **** up!

That was a bit rude, but as a Russian at heart, that is the way I feel... ;))) :p
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#7863 Post by Dushan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:01 am

Caco, you are drunk, again.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7864 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:08 am

Dushan wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:01 am
Caco, you are drunk, again.
Actually I am sober. Just feeling slightly bitter about life. You didn't deserve my last jibe...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#7865 Post by bob2s » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:12 am

If he didn't deserve it then why post it?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7866 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:15 am

Dushan wrote:Since the treatment the President received was at the military, US government owned and operated, hospital, then his treatment was free.

A bit confused by that, Dushan. I was under the impression that the great one had announced that he wanted all Americans to have the treatment he had? Did I mis-hear or did he mis-speak? How are the huge number without health insurance to pay $1million? Come to that, how are you? How will it work?

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7867 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:29 am

No way are the US public going to get free medical assistance. Fake News to help voting.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7868 Post by OFSO » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:33 am

Saw Trump on French TV News this morning. . Not looking good (Trump, not French TV). Face blotchy red, breathing with difficulty, pausing in usual tirade. Amazing recovery but should be taking it easy.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#7869 Post by Bob » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:48 pm

I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Bob
Capt
Capt

#7870 Post by Bob » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:51 pm

Dushan wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:13 pm
It is estimated that his treatment may have cost nearly $1million - good of him to offer it free to all Americans.

That flightpath over your head gets busier every day
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7871 Post by boing » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:39 pm

It is estimated that his treatment may have cost nearly $1million
I wonder who produced that estimate that was introduced by BOAC with no supporting evidence? Everybody here making nasty comments at each other based on an internet rumour - no verifiable facts to base a claim = not to be used as evidence by reasonable people. Let's be a little more perspicacious and a little less testy, arguing over facts is enough, arguing over internet rumours is just plain dumb.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7872 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:58 pm

I can only offer, from the internet:

"Experts said Trump’s helicopter rides to and from the hospital, diagnostic testing and imaging, experimental prescription drugs, a private suite, round-the-clock care, and additional personal protective equipment required for outings would cost at least hundreds of thousands, and perhaps millions, of dollars.

“I would not be surprised if it were to exceed $1m,” said Dr Bruce Y Lee, a professor at the City University of New York School of Public Health, whose recent work has estimated how much a course of Covid-19 treatment would cost an average American."

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7873 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:23 pm

What would the personnel be otherwise doing if they weren't transporting protecting and treating the POTUS?

It's the same when emergency services are employed - there is obviously extra costs due to fuel, but otherwise they are usually being paid anyway.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7874 Post by boing » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:23 pm

I understand BOAC. Your clarification shows exactly why we should not get too excited about sensational press reports.

As ordinary people in the US we could expect to be billed for these items on the list as a matter of routine.
diagnostic testing and imaging, experimental prescription drugs, a private suite, round-the-clock care
The private suite is up to you but with Covid you will certainly get isolation. The experimental drugs may be up to your doctor but they are a possibility. Without the cost of the Secret Service and the helicopters the cost of treatment would drop quite a bit. :) ;)))

This line shows how much BS the report contains.
at least hundreds of thousands, and perhaps millions, of dollars.
The author obviously did some very precise research.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7875 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Bob wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:48 pm
Classy
Bob:
I would use a few other choice words to describe that but cannot deny your excellent sarcasm. ^:)^

PP

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7876 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:17 pm

OK - now we have cleared that up, I repeat my previous post, edited to remove all reference to estimated cost:

A bit confused by that, Dushan. I was under the impression that the great one had announced that he wanted all Americans to have the treatment he had? Did I mis-hear or did he mis-speak? How are the huge number without health insurance to pay the costs? Come to that, how are you? How will it work?

So - he is going to make all this available to all?

I have not seen the referenced video, although I'm sure it exists - this from Sky News:

"In a new video posted on Twitter, the president said: "I want to get for you what I got - and I'm going to make it free. You're not going to pay for it.

"It wasn't your fault that this happened, it was China's fault. China's going to pay a big price for what they've done to the world."

What do you reckon?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#7877 Post by Dushan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:57 pm

As soon as Mexico pays for the wall.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7878 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:04 pm

I take it, then, that you are saying it was a false statement? Pure electioneering perhaps? Fake news aka a lie?

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7879 Post by boing » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:15 pm

BOAC
If 7878 is meant for me I would not call it fake news, ie fabricated news, since it had a basis in reporting somebody's comment. I would say it is the now quite normal sensational press reporting in the ever more desperate attempts at "click bait" some of which will hook the unwary. The press had no qualms about quoting the comment as is without any attempt to confirm or clarify the information.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7880 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:21 pm

No, for Dushan. I was suggesting the statement by Trump was fake news, not the coverage of it. After all, we know what happened to the wall funding as well.