The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#7901 Post by tango15 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:16 pm

We all know of the great Tango's intention to ignore the vote if it doesnt go his way, but considering the recent cases of mail bags being dumped and ballot boxes dissapearing It seems to me that if the vote doesn't go for Joe then he has good reason to behave same.

That's fake news! Mail bags? I'll have the FBI sewing them if I don't win!

Oh - that Tango! =))

Bob
Capt
Capt

#7902 Post by Bob » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:58 pm

"How are you doing? How's energy coming? When are you doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits?"

"When I call the head of Exxon I say, 'You know, I'd love [for you] to send me $25m [£19m] for the campaign.' 'Absolutely sir,'" he added.

"I will hit a home run every single call," Mr Trump said. "I would raise a billion dollars in one day if I wanted to. I don't want to do that."

I think he is going to win the election, his supporters love this *****, the fact that it paints a scenario of open corruption is fine with them
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#7903 Post by Dushan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Bob, maybe you missed the last part: "I don't want to do that".
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7904 Post by Boac » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:45 pm

The NYT reports, through his tax records, finding a Chinese bank account held by Trump's "Trump International Hotels Management L.L.C." which paid a lot of tax into Chinese coffers. Little wonder he will not release the records! A Trump lawyer said:

"“....opened an account with a Chinese bank having offices in the United States in order to pay the local taxes” associated with efforts to do business there. He said the company had opened the account after establishing an office in China “to explore the potential for hotel deals in Asia.”

“No deals, transactions or other business activities ever materialized and, since 2015, the office has remained inactive,” Mr. Garten said. “Though the bank account remains open, it has never been used for any other purpose.”

Well, these virus labs are not cheap to run. Those naughty Bidens have had business dealings with China too, don't you know?

Bob
Capt
Capt

#7905 Post by Bob » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:33 pm

Dushan wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:47 pm
I know subtlety isnt your forte douche, but anyone with an ounce of Nous recognises an implied intent, its just like a school bully standing in front of 2 kids and telling one kid he could break the other kids neck if he wanted to but he doesnt want to

P. S. **** Off Troll
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

prospector
Capt
Capt

#7906 Post by prospector » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:34 am

Bob,
I can say without any possibility of contradiction. you are an uncouth yobbo.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7907 Post by AtomKraft » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:07 am

I wish Trump the best of luck in next weeks election.
His term in office has been the most amusing ever.

If Sleepy Joe manages to hirple into the Oval Office, the US will just slide one notch further down the pc, blm, woke and wankerish toilet.

I forsee considerable violence if Trump loses.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#7908 Post by Dushan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:29 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:07 am

I forsee considerable violence if Trump loses.
Really? I think it would be a lot worse the other way around.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7909 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Dushan:
I tend to think like you however I don't discount Ak's view.
A rocky time whatever the outcome.

PP

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7910 Post by barkingmad » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Bob wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:33 pm
[quote=Dushan post_id=258902 time=<a href="tel:1603223257">1603223257</a> user_id=55]
I know subtlety isnt your forte douche, but anyone with an ounce of Nous recognises an implied intent, its just like a school bully standing in front of 2 kids and telling one kid he could break the other kids neck if he wanted to but he doesnt want to

P. S. *f*ck* Off Troll
prospector wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:34 am
Bob,
I can say without any possibility of contradiction. you are an uncouth yobbo.
[/quote]Posted April 2020!
barkingmad wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:25 am
May I step in to the dusty street of US politics whilst dodging the .45 cal bullets whizzing past my ears and politely suggest that the current spat of catapults and name-throwing and general immaturity be relocated to another thread?
Perhaps this new thread could be named "OK Corral", so that the gunslingers could scrap in private and the rest of us could concentrate on topic?
Alas the US political scene deeply affects us all, despite our dislike of it, but in an election year wherein one of the most controversial POTUS's for decades is up for re-election after a very eventful and sometimes entertaining term, then it would be pleasant to be able to view the contest, in this saloon bar, without the Wyatt Earp antics distracting the exchange of wit and ideas.
For precedent please refer to the OP post # 1 to clarify the aim of the thread, long since forgotten in the dust and gunfire? ~X(
As the political temperature in the US rises to critical levels, would the gunslingers PLEASE retire to elsewhere and start the “OK Corral” thread and leave this thread for informed debate?

Otherwise the discussion descends to the same low level as did the recent unseemly squabble ‘twixt Trump and Biden which triggered the hi-tech solution of mute switches controlling the contestants utterances and bad mannered rants! [-X

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7911 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Agree with BM.

PP

prospector
Capt
Capt

#7912 Post by prospector » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:40 pm

I stand by my post, Is it acceptable to post "P. S. *f*ck* Off Troll" when referring to somebody else's post?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#7913 Post by Dushan » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:57 pm

Prospector, don’t worry about it. It just exposes the poster for what he really is.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7914 Post by boing » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:38 am

No Pro.

Insulting attacks on another member's intelligence and gratuitous and unnecessary vulgarities are, in my personal opinion, not acceptable. Quotations of other people's vulgarities may be required for the context. This is my personal opinion of course and it is up to boss and eventually the community to decide what is acceptable.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7915 Post by ian16th » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:45 am

boing wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:38 am
No Pro.

Insulting attacks on another member's intelligence and gratuitous and unnecessary vulgarities are, in my personal opinion, not acceptable. Quotations of other people's vulgarities may be required for the context. This is my personal opinion of course and it is up to boss and eventually the community to decide what is acceptable.

+1
Cynicism improves with age

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7916 Post by Wodrick » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 am

and another
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

nomorecatering
FO
FO

#7917 Post by nomorecatering » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:55 pm

Dushan wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:29 pm
Really? I think it would be a lot worse the other way around.
I know that in whatever bubble it is that you are at, it always get ignored that right wing extremists kills far more people that left wing extremists. They also plan and carry out far more terrorist attacks, kidnappings, murders and so on than left wing extremists. And when they are not marching in the streets with torches yelling that "the Jew will not replace us" or standing around pretending to be obese members of Meal Team Six, they are hoping the next civil war is about to break out so the prophecies of Qanon can come true. DHS say they "remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the homeland".

I wouldn't be surprised if a few disciples are here as well.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7918 Post by boing » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:51 pm

NMC.

Although I would call myself Right Wing I would not consider myself extremist.

I would like to read your proof that in America;
right wing extremists kills far more people that left wing extremists. They also plan and carry out far more terrorist attacks, kidnappings, murders and so on than left wing extremists. And when they are not marching in the streets with torches yelling that "the Jew will not replace us" or standing around pretending to be obese members of Meal Team Six, they are hoping the next civil war is about to break out so the prophecies of Qanon can come true.
Those are pretty extensive and serious accusations which you must surely be able to support. Just reports from a reliable law enforcement body is all you need supply. Perhaps you can find something from the DHS which is fact rather than opinion.
DHS say they "remain the most persistent and lethal threat in the homeland".
I would point out that the DHS may say that they, whoever "they" are considered to be, are labelled as a threat which implies that they do not constitute a present problem which makes your first claim rather weak.

I live in Portland Oregon where we have suffered four months of continual riots by left wing extremist under the cover of BLM complete with Molotov Cocktails and fire-bombing occupied buildings and yet I can't recall one Right Wing torch march. Funny that, you must, I think, be reading the wrong newspapers.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7919 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:15 am

IMHO, right wing extremism is usually a reaction to the masses of left wing extremism.

Normal people, sick of the never-ending torrent of leftyism are eventually forced to cry 'enough!'.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#7920 Post by prospector » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:09 am

" Normal people, sick of the never-ending torrent of leftyism are eventually forced to cry 'enough!'." exactly, the latest, when a black man with a knife is threatening police, they take him out, what are they supposed to do?? run away??? if the police did that when a member of the public was threatened , what would be the response, especially from the non reflectives.