Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#4881 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:08 pm

BenThere wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:05 pm
Has Iran bombed the US?

No, Iran doesn't have the reach yet to do that. But it has waged war on the US. Frankly, given the takeover and holding of US hostages in 1979, and the ongoing support of Hisbollah and Hamas, makes today's Iran regime a cockroach that need to be squished.
That was 40 years ago, Ben. The great majority of Iranians weren't even born then. Few were over 21 in 1979.

The problem is that The Empire will never forgive the Iranian people for re-instating the democracy that was stolen from them by the UKUSA coup of '53.

Iran is not at war with the US. The US is at war with Iran. An odd asymmetry, I know.

It is the US which has reneged on the international Treaty, not Iran (yet).

It is the US which is menacing Iran's homeland which massively aggressive firepower, not the other way around. There are no Iranian spyplanes overflying the FIRs of the CONUS. No Iranian warships steaming menacingly off the coast of America's homeland.

It is clearly the intention of the US to break Iran's back. Iran is one of the last surviving countries to refuse to bend the knee to The Great Empire. There's a few others, but not many and they're all pissants like Korea and Cuba and Venezuela.

Iran is the last great prize for The Empire and Chump badly wants to have a notch on his six-shooter.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4882 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:26 am

Plum - it is not easy to understand the 'logic' behind Ben's (and the Chump's) thinking, but to him Iran is an enemy whereas the country that orchestrated an attack on the US and cut up an American with a chainsaw is a big buddy and, of course, a big export customer.

Slasher

#4883 Post by Slasher » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:25 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:41 am
No. Quite the opposite.
Fair enough. Point is though Trump didn't actually give the thumbs up. I can't help but recall early last decade when Hillary and the warmongers vowed to eventually screw Iran. Had Mrs Clitton got into power in 2016 I think there'd be a declared (cold or hot) war with Iran well before this.

Iran is physically uninvadeable given the terrain, size of the country and the fact there're millions of ragheads who'll be angry as sh!t and really pissed off if anyone armed dare set foot in the place wearing a foreign military uniform. Bombing the complete sh!t out of 'em is the only viable option. And that would certainly use up a lot of time (and money) in the process.

Vietnam of course was its on pot pourri of politics. But for tactics the NVA and VC fought on the principles of Sun Tzu to the letter while the US based theirs purely on attrition.

The Cong were kunts though.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4884 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:32 am

Slasher wrote:Point is though Trump didn't actually give the thumbs up.
- if you are referring to the recent/cancelled 'airstrike' against Iran I think you are getting the wrong information. There was lot of Chump twatting about how he was 'half-cocked' or something and how he nobly lost his bottle when he discovered (using all his military 'knowledge') that someone might be hurt by the bombing and called it off. Little wonder the Iranian President Atyatollah thinks he as a 'mental disability'.

"President Trump tweets Friday that after ordering airstrikes against Iran Thursday, he called it off."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4885 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 am

Slasher wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:25 am
I can't help but recall early last decade when Hillary and the warmongers vowed to eventually screw Iran. Had Mrs Clitton got into power in 2016 I think there'd be a declared (cold or hot) war with Iran well before this.
I entirely concur.

Madam Clinton was Slick Willy's Lady Macbeth. She was, and is, a warmongering bitchcunt from hell. Massively worse than Chump, in that respect.

A lot of my fellow Brits wrongly believe that the Democrats are peaceniks while the Repugnants are the bloodthirsty warpigs. Actually, a close examination of History shows that not consistently to be the case.

For example, a lot of Brits forget that it was Carter, not Reagan, who started the massive funding of what we now call "Al Qaida" in order to overthrow the secular and liberal and socially successful government of Afghanistan and replace it with a bunch of religious nuts.

The ghastly Madeleine Albright, a quintessential American, was initially promoted within government by the Carter regime and then promoted even higher by Clinton. She's a Jewish alter ego of Madam Clinton.

A lapsed Catholic, she can't help doing the confessional thing. Here she is, overtly expressing Madam Clinton's ruthless bloodthirstiness, abeit on the subject of a Bush mass murder project.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4886 Post by BenThere » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Plum, I don't often find common ground with you but your post above shows some discernment I find refreshing. I'm no fan of President Carter, but want to point out that in the 1970's, the height of the Cold War, the US was faring all that well. The USSR was ascendent and the world had all too few functioning democracies.

Funding Islamists to fight Russians in Afghanistan seemed like a good idea at the time - we didn't realize the potential of Jihad. One could make the case that Afghanistan proved to be the undoing of the USSR, the proverbial quagmire similar to the US experience in Viet Nam. Whatever you attribute the demise of the Soviet Union to, Afghanistan played a part, and it was those Jihadis that made it happen.

The global geopolitical consequences of the Soviet defeat in Afghanistan had much greater consequences than that local conflict.

Slasher

#4887 Post by Slasher » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:29 am

I dunno where to post this so I'll put it here. This is by no means a bible bash.

Here we have a Pommy sim Examiner who's a bit of a Jesus freak but he doesn't overdo it. He knows I'm an atheist but that I'm quite open-minded.

A few days ago I was alone with him in the destructor's lounge having coffee and we were talking about this n that and what plans I have for the future.

"I wouldn't make too many plans about that Rod" he said.

"Why?"

He pulled out his iPad and showed me this, while pulling out his King James bible at the same time.

He paused the vid when biblical quotes were shown - and he directly showed me the quotes.

Bit uncanny to say the least. I can't see any false logic but then I'm no bible expert. Watching it reminded me of how Plum often refers to the USA as "the Empire".

The only fly in the ointment is China. The bibe don't mention it. He was a bit stumped on that one. Nostrodammit forecast a war between Russia and a China-US alliance in the 1990s that didn't happen. I get the impresh China may either side with Russia if the US pisses 'em off, or stay onside with America. The Chinks are presently the monkey in the wrench in this scenario.

I note that Pute doesn't have 666 behind his ear but he is quite popular in his own country. But for the purpose I won't go down that alley here. I intend to later with the God lover.

I will say this though - in this day and age where America is becoming more and more dependent on the internet for just about everything (e.g. the demise of food shopping malls due to online shopping as well as nuke launch computer protocol) a few well-targeted EMP bursts would quickly reduce the country to virtually nothing. That and maybe a couple of low yield strategic nukes to nullify any remaining defensive capability. The country would therefore still be habitable.

Just my 2c as I thought it worth sharing.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4888 Post by John Hill » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:55 am

I am sure I could have done something better with those 20 minutes.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4889 Post by Boac » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Girls - what happened? https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/28/1876 ... ss-results

Yet another Chump lie?

Slasher

#4890 Post by Slasher » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:05 am

John Hill wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:55 am
I am sure I could have done something better with those 20 minutes.
Purely for sharing purposes. Nothing more.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4891 Post by Boac » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:30 am

It appears the Chump now realises that 'getting on with people is good'. There may be hope yet.

Slasher

#4892 Post by Slasher » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:07 am

I think after those two recent Democrat clown debates Trump was the clear winner by default.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#4893 Post by prospector » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:16 am

Why is it that the Americans are so anti the Iranians. Does the fact that they supported Iraq to destroy the Iranians did not work be one of the reasons??

The POTUS for now is certainly not overly keen on throwing American military might against countries who have not spent mega millions on armaments.

Perhaps one day people like Bolton, Pompeo and others will consider spending some of the billions spent on armaments on their own infrastructure.

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#4894 Post by Stoneboat » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:30 am

I think after those two recent Democrat clown debates..
If the expression 'clusterfcuk' did not exist, it would have to be invented to describe the Democratic candidate race.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4895 Post by Fliegenmong » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:59 am

I live next door to a young Iranian couple, lovely people, they sure bought a large house, so maybe they plan on having a few children one day.

Anyway I invited them (Soheil & Solli) over for dinner in a few weeks, well, weren't they just beside themselves with joy at being 'accepted' like that!...I shall enjoy getting to know them!
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

Slasher

#4896 Post by Slasher » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:03 am

Iranians are as normal as everyone else Fliegs (except Kuwaitis and Jyptians. Both cnuts). It's the present Iranian government that fcuks it up for everyone.

We had a few in my old mob. Normal everyday blokes. Didn't see any eat pig but they didn't mind a beer or twenty on overnights.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4897 Post by John Hill » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:21 am

We did a project in Egypt and I must admit there was some doubt that we might ever get paid but when the job was finished it was tested and signed off and we were on our way. The money was in our company account by the time we reached home.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Slasher

#4898 Post by Slasher » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:23 am

Like I said just before: keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer.

Slasher

#4899 Post by Slasher » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:39 am

Also forgot to mention in the 2nd clowns debate this Marianne Williamson blow-in was making good sense about Healthcare, but blew all her credibility away towards the end of the debate when she said she's gonna fight and defeat Trump... with love. 🌺

Sounded like a bloody hippie! =))

Slasher

#4900 Post by Slasher » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 am

Before the rabid anti-Trumpists here complain, this guy Tim Poole is from the LEFT ok?