If former forum member hawkerj96 is still visiting, please contact admin as we have a new member who wishes to contact you about John Hawke

The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#5761 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:44 pm

I suppose the sale of those "tasteful" items at least has a quasi positive aim (ahem).

I thought the link might have related to US products like this one.

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5762 Post by Boac » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:14 pm

tgg wrote:He even cheats at golf!
- only because he is crap at it like everything else - and he cheats at that too.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5763 Post by BenThere » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:54 pm

We''re all crap at golf. and we all cheat, with Mulligans, capping max scores on horrendous holes, etc. What's the big deal? And are golf scores really germaine to the welfare of the world? Can we ever, for once talk about real issues that affect lots of people? Things like jobs, economies, threats to world peace and how to address them?

Anti-Trumpers never seem to want to talk about that as their agenda prohibits it, while I think it's a good topic and has more of an impact on my well being. I see Little Greta shaming the snowflakes into mass economic suicide, while the producers of the world plod on.

I also think having a one shot pistol, discrete and concealed, is a good insurance policy.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5764 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:16 pm

BenThere wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:54 pm
We''re all crap at golf. and we all cheat, with Mulligans, capping max scores on horrendous holes, etc. What's the big deal? And are golf scores really germaine to the welfare of the world? Can we ever, for once talk about real issues that affect lots of people? Things like jobs, economies, threats to world peace and how to address them?

Anti-Trumpers never seem to want to talk about that as their agenda prohibits it, while I think it's a good topic and has more of an impact on my well being. I see Little Greta shaming the snowflakes into mass economic suicide, while the producers of the world plod on.

I also think having a one shot pistol, discrete and concealed, is a good insurance policy.
And you think Trump is germane to the the welfare of the world insofar as he might be a power for good? Methinks his malign, golf cheating heart is quite the opposite!

As for one shot pistols what's wrong with an old Derringer (with a hat tip to Henry Deringer), preferably hidden in the flowery suspender loop of a show girl called Talulah? I must admit that the deadly pen is quite an interesting concept insofar as the 'pen is mightier than the sword' and also because I find the engineering of the pen gun in the link above fascinating!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5765 Post by BenThere » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:49 pm

President Trump is a natural shmoozer, and has formed personal and respectful relationships with multiple world leaders, Xi, Putin, Abe, Erdogan, and many more. Those connections are important, and temper emotional escalations of conflict. So in that sense I think the Trump administration has overall lowered the temperature of conflicting interests to the point they won't erupt. In counterpoint I can't come up with a significant personal relationship Trump's predecessor developed. And President Bush only seemed to connect with PM Blair.

Slasher

#5766 Post by Slasher » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:28 am

Never been a fan of pens like that as a defensive weapon because there’s far too much buggerising around cocking and firing it, let alone aiming the thing. Plus I don’t think the cops would approve me owning one no matter how much ‘contribution’ I make to their Benevolent Fund.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5767 Post by boing » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:53 am

I think these pens are a very bad idea and that they should be banned as inhumane. A round of 40 S&W is the minimum humane dosage and if you have another ten rounds in the mag. that is certain to prevent unnecessary suffering. Here we go again. :p

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5768 Post by BenThere » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:14 am

I think a pen gun is inadequate as well, but in a pinch could do the job. I've been surfing for small arms, concealed carry pistols and am drawn to consider derringers, some of which pack .45 cal and 410 gage shotgun shells.

The nice thing is they're small and concealable. I and my wife are licensed to carry them concealed in the US (Michigan), but I don't think UK residents have that privilege. I like the idea of a small but potent firearm that I can tuck into my Brooks Brothers sport coat vest pocket. My Kimber .45 semi takes a lot more space in my attire, and I find it cumbersome to carry concealed. A small derringer would easily fit into my Levi's pocket. The down side is that you only have two rounds so you have to make them count. Thankfully most Muslim attackers are lone wolves.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5769 Post by boing » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:54 am

You can get 8 rounds of 380 Auto into a small flat package or even 8 rounds of 22LR in a tiny one. Reduced effect but still a discouragement.

Take a look at the Sig 232 380 Auto in stainless. The original 230SL is a better gun but they fetch a premium price now. The stainless version is good because it stands up to sweaty hands better than plain steel. Both are hardly noticeable under a sweater and not at all under a jacket.

The old Beretta Model 70S is also a very nice package and it can be very low cost but it is DA only.

I don't like the very small pocket guns because they always seem to work their way into some awkward orientation in a pocket and if this happens they are slow to draw.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5770 Post by BenThere » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:51 am

I don't mind the DA inconvenience so much if I can grab the gun from my jacket pocket, easily feel for the dual cocking mechanisms and simply pull the trigger. I think I could execute that procedure in under 2 seconds. If I can launch two .45 round under those parameters I can appreciate the utility. I could even carry one in each pocket and double the firepower.

Shopping these things, though, a two barrel .45 derringer from a good manufacturer runs $500-600 USD at Cabela's, my firearms source. A .45 Kimber semi with a 7 round magazine, designed for concealed carry, goes for a little higher, but it's 10 times the weapon, and doesn't weigh that much more.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5771 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:56 am

Let me grab my Gloch man....
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5772 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:03 am

Let me grab my Gloch man....

This damned thread reminds me of this...

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Slasher

#5773 Post by Slasher » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:28 am

Doc Goblin! :p

Slasher

#5774 Post by Slasher » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:28 am

Sorry to go off current topic to another offtopic topic...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... li=BBnbfcN

To me the dots connect to a not so distant screwed-to-the-hilt middle class America.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5775 Post by Boac » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:43 pm

From our favourite 'liberal' newspaper https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... tone-claim: Did the Chump collaborate on the release of the nude pictures of Melania, and if so, why? ”It is reported by CNN that Melania does NOT think so", but "The theory goes,” Bennett writes, “that Trump was trying to head off a bad week on the campaign in 2016. The new book 'Free, Melania' by Roger Stone will be 'of interest', I feel.

"In the book, Free, Melania, CNN correspondent Kate Bennett also writes that the first lady “still refuses to believe” her husband played a role in the release. Bennett also adds to reports that the president and first lady keep separate bedrooms at the White House."

PS One of the pictures shows an early attempt to prevent being 'grabbed by the pussy'. :ymdevil: Pictures first published by the New York Post in 2016. https://nypost.com/2016/07/30/melania-t ... her-before

This sort of publication is probably what the Chump least needs at the moment, although who knows how his 'brain' works? Getting hitched to an ex-model always runs a risk!

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5776 Post by BenThere » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:30 pm

Once again, Boac, you're grasping at straws. Melania has shown nothing but devotion since her husband grasped the golden ring and announced his candidacy to become the president. She is a graceful. fashionable, and beautiful First Lady, the likes of which we haven't seen since Kennedy. if there is tension in the Trump family, the family isn't validating it; their support and advocacy is 100%. Don't you find it interesting that President Trump, with the offspring of 3 marriages manages to maintain the loyalty of all of them? I don't think I could pull that off if I wasn't a good guy and didn't take the high road. Think about that.

Secondly, Melania is the most glamorous and photogenic First Lady we've ever had. The Left resorts to all kinds of mental gymnastics to disparage her, but her grace, beauty, and character always seems to rise above it. Face it - the Trump family is a class act.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5777 Post by John Hill » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:51 am

the Trump family is a class act.
Amen to that! I will ask one of my little grand-nieces to do that on their next needlework sampler ;;)
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Slasher

#5778 Post by Slasher » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:24 am

I thought Boac would be the first to jump on that line.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5779 Post by Boac » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:55 am

Ben - "Once again, Boac, you're grasping at straws" - did you know I didn't write the book?

Slasher - it's called 'reporting the (real) news'.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5780 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:04 pm

The Trump Family is a class Act

Well we & and a lot of our common World seem to share a common language....but a lot of us appear to share a different comprehension of that language.

Trump Family...a class act?...by that measure the Kardashians (?) are equally classy...

....at least standing from the outside...but the apparent view is from here, including those that have lived for extended periods of time within the US...they are both similarly shallow and bereft of class...
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde