If former forum member hawkerj96 is still visiting, please contact admin as we have a new member who wishes to contact you about John Hawke

The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#5801 Post by BenThere » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:21 am

We'll see who's right as this election year unfolds and world situations develop. My hunch is, unsurprisingly, that President Trump, perhaps akin to Putin, plays 3d chess while their detractors, like Boac, play checkers. They are the Road Runners, and their opponents are coyotes, sending their hard-earned pay to ACME to launch the next half-baked scheme.

I would think even the most fervent Trump opponents on this forum and elsewhere would have to grudgingly admit that he has weathered the most aggressive assault on his presidency any of us have ever witnessed. Abraham Lincoln may have been equally or more challenged, and he prevailed, too, except that he was murdered.

Under the Trump administration the US has been prosperous, relatively peaceful, become energy independent, and the lower steps on the economic ladder are doing much better. That should be, and I think will be, a winning argument. I just read today that he's polling 35% support among African Americans as opposed to the 8% he won in 2016. That is a disaster for Democrats. Hispanic pollings are similar.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5802 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:27 am

I would think even the most fervent Trump opponents on this forum and elsewhere would have to grudgingly admit that he has weathered the most aggressive assault on his presidency any of us have ever witnessed. Abraham Lincoln may have been equally or more challenged, and he prevailed, too, except that he was murdered.
Agreed, not 'grudgingly', but a well deserved and self-inflicted assault - we live in hope.

3d chess on two levels, perhaps?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5803 Post by OFSO » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:31 am

Yes, somehow the USA appears to be ticking over nicely, despite POTUS reminding one of Captain Queeg, telling his officers there would be no speculation.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5804 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:51 pm

From Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexand ... 7c2e1a77f7

"Trump Has Now Shifted $1.7 Million From Campaign Donors To His Private Business

The Trump campaign is spending big money at the president’s properties, according to a review of Federal Election Commission data. Yet the records show that Donald Trump still has not donated any of his own funds to the campaign. That means America’s billionaire-in-chief has shifted $1.7 million from campaign donors into his private business.

Forbes first reported on this arrangement one year ago, when documents showed that Trump’s companies had taken in $1.1 million of campaign-donor money. By the end of 2018, that figure had climbed to $1.3 million. Subsequent disclosures show that more than $450,000 flowed into the Trump empire from January to September"

Drain that swamp, boy!

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5805 Post by BenThere » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:50 pm

I recall reading an article about a Trump property in Scotland receiving lodging funds from transiting US military aircrews. I agree those types of transactions should be scrutinized and evaluated for graft. On further examination, though, it turned out the Trump-owned hotel provided lodging at the cheapest rates in town, and had negotiated its rates before the 2016 election. The military chose to use the facility because it was the most cost-effective, not as any kind of 'quid pro quo'.

Further, a million or two dollars is no more than a rounding error in the Trump family finances. He's a multi-billionaire and keeps none of the salary he earns as president, and funded his campaign in no small part out of his own pocket. He's not in this for the money. And when he assumed the presidency he set up a firewall between himself and the business operations he owns. I think you can be sure that if President Trump has actually profited from his office it would be widely exposed and shouted out by a general press establishment so relentlessly out destroy his presidency.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5806 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:43 pm

A U.S. official says the Florida Naval station shooting suspect was an aviation student from Saudi Arabia
The shooter opened fire in a classroom building on Friday morning. The attack that left four people dead, including the assailant, and multiple people wounded.
https://apnews.com/1102076110d04018176b4f7f12017347

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5807 Post by BenThere » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:22 am

That's the problem with Muslims. Most of them are good people, but too many of them like to kill in the name of their religion.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5808 Post by John Hill » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:54 am

It is not just religion. Muslims are being killed by Americans and some Muslims want that to stop.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5809 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:02 am

If they refuse to dob in terrorists, and openly approve of their actions, how "good" are they?
e.g.
https://www.pewforum.org/2017/07/26/ter ... extremism/
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7861 ... ims-survey

Whilst your "most" is technically correct, 33% and 34% in the US and UK respectively are basically supporters of indigenous terrorism. Police and justice systems worldwide are set up to operate assuming about 3% involvement/support for crime, nevermind terrorism. At 11 times that rate, the problem is essentially uncontrolled, and that's before the conversion to extremism happening in prison is considered.

The war on terrorism, like the war on drugs, is not "being lost", it has been lost, quite some time ago. The emphasis now is on pretending to the general public that it hasn't.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5810 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:01 am

Any one group can be expected to have the odd "rotten apple".

The trouble with the Muslims is that there are too many. And we all know how the rotten ones ruin the entire barrel.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5811 Post by BenThere » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:58 pm

John Hill,

I submit that if Muslims want to stop the killing of their people they should put a stop to Muslim killings of innocent people, world-wide, every day. It's no one but Muslims blowing up markets, city squares, tourist venues, and other gathering places. Only Muslims, I think, can effectively say, "Enough is enough. You are doing damage to Islam." If the Islamic world could adopt that ethic, maybe we could all get along.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5812 Post by John Hill » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:12 pm

BenThere wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:58 pm
John Hill,
It's no one but Muslims blowing up markets, city squares, tourist venues, and other gathering places.
I think America does quite a bit of that, cities, villages, wedding parties. Were you not part of that machine at one time?
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5813 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:02 pm

AP now reporting that yesterday's shooter at Pensacola NAS held a dinner party the night before where videos of mass shootings were screened. Then one of the attendees filmed the real shooting whilst two more watched. One might have been understood, but at least four (six are currently in custody + the dead shooter = potentially at least 7) isn't going to run well with Trump's supporters, and some quite drastic action may be forthcoming. In fact 10 Saudis are currently confined to Base, and others are missing. Another report mentions there are up to 20 Saudi students on each course.
https://apnews.com/75a8adc71422596a54052540fabb7230

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5814 Post by barkingmad » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:08 am

What were the nations of the world doing as the virus of Wahhabi’ism was being cultivated in Arabia and exported around the globe?

I get the impression that up until that disease became an epidemic the religion of Islam managed to rub along peacefully, though with the exception of India and a very few other hot spots.

Now it’s a global phenomenon spreading at the very time the Judao-Christian ethos is shrinking as they realise maybe Darwin was right and the infamous “Books of” whomsoever are just interesting pieces of literature.

Obviously the US has failed to learn the lessons exhumed after 9/11 and in order to keep the oil flowing they allow advocates of this religion to occupy and learn at the hands and in the lands of “The Great Satan”.

The legacy of the Brooklyn al-Kifah centre seem to have been forgotten too quickly and once again American blood is spilt on American soil because the elite are off chasing other targets in faraway lands.

For your homework, read and digest “The Road to 9/11” by Peter Dale Scott and sleep easy now that everything is ok.

Slasher

#5815 Post by Slasher » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:01 am

This is particularly applicable to members residing in the USA.

Apologies for the
- dumb robotic voice
- unwarranted anti-Trump slant
- screenshot quality of lower photo.

I don’t agree with the ‘chilling sh!t’ hype, but the essence of what’s said is essentially correct.

Even now the IRS is going after ordinary US citizens who gain anything from cryptocurrencies (e.g. Bitcoin currently earns 4%). Don’t just trust me - see for yourself:

56C0FD36-8AAE-44D8-A306-05826EDB0FDB.jpeg

Ordinary hard working Americans would have to be...bluntly...the most fuctover people in the Western world.

Combine all the above usury with a Dem win next year and it’ll be the final curtain IMO.

PS I know you’ll disagree somewhat Ben, and yes the USA has dug itself out of the sh!t in the past, but this time I believe it will not only hit the fan but knock it off the table and stomp on it.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5816 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:08 am

Pensacola attack: US grounds Saudi aviation students after navy base shooting https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50737561

When the news of the shooting first emerged days ago what’s left of my mind, within a few minutes, drifted to the following scenario:

Lt Ahmed Killthekfirs is airborne as one of a pair of Fsomethings armed with air-to-air missiles enroute to have a pop at a training drone. He takes out his wingman with one hot misdile during the obligatory manoeuvres, then goes max warp 10 to locate and shoot down a B747 or A380 and finally dives his redundant fighter into a prime target such as a nuke power station or government building or oil refinery or ordinary residential area whilst shouting “Allah uh Ahkbar” on the radio.

How would the top brass and the politicians explain that disaster and who approved the practice?

And why did it take so long to shut the stable door?

A complete generation has been born and grown up (maybe!) since Sept 2001 and yet here we are again deja vu?!?!

Hopefully someone with full knowledge of these training courses will PROVE the scenario was/is/will be impossible in western airspace but still might happen over or near the sandpit?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5817 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Foreign students stopped their training at Wings in the UK whilst I was in, they were never given weapons. I believe the same was true in the US. I understood the reason was that, on average, they were too f#cking dangerous even when they were trying to hit the allocated target, nevermind the terror risk. We did second our weapons instructors over there. All the navs were given impromptu flying lessons in the jet once their secondment was confirmed, given that they might need to take control just to land the bloody thing. Having taught Saudis in the sim, this was indeed necessary. I can distinctly remember doing this for a couple of the navs I was flying with. I was told all British navs in Tornado F3s only flew in twin stick aeroplanes in Saudi.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5818 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:34 pm

As soon as Saudi-born and raised in the Wahhabi way of life is placed in an aircraft, that ‘frame becomes a weapon, as demonstrated on 9/11 and an event for which the US military trained and practised despite Condom Rice’s denials that it had never been considered.

I still await confirmation that neither scenario has been possible during the training of this privileged and untouchable group of trainees.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5819 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:06 pm

A line from Gray’s Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard;

“...and all the air a solemn stillness holds....”

Not a lot of takers on this one, maybe too scary to get involved?!

Bob
Capt
Capt

#5820 Post by Bob » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:34 am

In August Don jr. shot a rare animal in Mongolia without having a permission. This was granted in September by the Präsident of Mongolia.
Wonder how Don managed... But, of course, his father is President of the USA.
A family rotten to the core.
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access