The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#5961 Post by BenThere » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Are you thick, Boac? Your link cites no entitlement enhancements under President Trump's executive orders. They are net revenue positive in fact.

Maybe it's your circuits that are the problem, not that I'm suggesting that, but you might go into the doctor for a checkup. I'm concerned you might be on the edge of derangement and of course I wish the best for you.

Cheers,

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5962 Post by Boac » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:47 pm

Kind of you, Ben, thanks. I obviously misunderstood what you meant by 'entitlements'. I was working on the accepted definition of "the fact of having a right to something" eg as in Affordable Health Care?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5963 Post by Boac » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 pm

Ben - you need to re-visit post #5958 and your confusion over who is causing the debt problem. We'll give the Chump a 'bye' on the first year since he is merely riding on the shirt-tails of Obama in economic and debt growth.

This is your problem. You should also show a little concern for which country holds a large part of your national debt and how they might play that concerto.
US-Gross-National-Debt-2011-2019-11-02.png
US-Gross-National-Debt-2011-2019-11-02.png (27.05 KiB) Viewed 347 times
He assured you all in 2016 he would eliminate the National debt 'within 8 years'. I can now probably see why his non re-election could be a problem for you since he would then be unable to reverse the $23 Trillion in the remaining 6 years or so...................

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5964 Post by Boac » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:55 pm

Heavens above - this man is good! No wonder he is President. Be proud! MAGA!

Interview in Davos with CNBC, and asked what he thought of Elon Musk:

"TRUMP: Well -- you have to give him credit. I spoke to him very recently, and he's also doing the rockets. He likes rockets. And -- he does good at rockets too, by the way. I never saw where the engines come down with no wings, no anything, and they're landing. I said I've never seen that before. And I was worried about him, because he's one of our great geniuses, and we have to protect our genius. You know, we have to protect Thomas Edison and we have to protect all of these people that -- came up with originally the light bulb and -- the wheel and all of these things. And he's one of our very smart people and we want to-- we want to cherish those people."

The Chump appears to have no idea what he is talking about. Whether that's because he is simply inarticulate or he really believes a) Thomas Edison still currently needs to be protected and b) America invented the wheel, we may never know.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5965 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:40 pm

boac, you must accept that Chump was verbalising a “trademark stream-of-consciousness rant” (Dailybeast.com) and had therefore tasked his underlings with researching these topics in preparation for the inevitable interview by the world meeja!

And his sources are impeccable when it comes to research and verification;

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-i ... eo-9298706

It’s just a shame that the chief Democratic Impeachment Manager, one Sylvia Garcia, put on a performance on BBC Parliament show this evening which was a guaranteed remedy for anyone suffering from insomnia.

I wish I’d recorded it for future sleep difficulty events. i-)

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5966 Post by llondel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:41 pm

From reading about Edison's time, it was more a case that people needed protecting from Edison than the other way around.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5967 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:54 pm

I always thought it was Joseph Swan who ruined our sleep by bringing 24hr illumination to the upright Bonobo chimps who were our great great ( repeat as required) grandparents?

https://www.livescience.com/43424-who-i ... -bulb.html

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5968 Post by Boac » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 pm

Whoever did it, at least they didn't make the Chump go orange (aka put on fake tan) in those days. :))

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5969 Post by BenThere » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:57 pm

Aren't cosmetic or sartorial affectations irrelevant to substance?

The long line of historically great figures is replete with ugly people. My favorite example of this was when Abraham Lincoln was accused of being two-faced. His answer was, " If I was two-faced do you think I'd be wearing this one?" He wasn't a pretty man but is mostly accepted as No. 1 or 2 of the best presidents we ever had.

President Trump will have a hard time rising above No. 3, especially if he's not re-elected.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5970 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:36 am

especially if he's not re-elected.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5971 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:13 am

Ben wrote:Aren't cosmetic or sartorial affectations irrelevant to substance?
- couldn't agree more, Ben - it's only a problem, I guess, when there is no substance?

"Donald Trump has blamed energy-efficient lightbulbs for his sometimes orange appearance. Speaking before an audience of Republican legislators in Baltimore on Thursday evening, he addressed criticism of his recent plans to weaken regulations on environmentally friendly bulbs. 'The bulb that we're being forced to use, number one, to me, most importantly, the light's no good,' he said. 'I always look orange'".

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5972 Post by BenThere » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:07 am

'I always look orange'"
That's the kind of self-effacing humor President Lincoln employed. It's effect is to warm the dispositions of real people while subtly asserting that hostile critics, who are constantly on the attack, tend to bypass the expressed humanity and humility most of us regard as virtues, to their detriment.

I continue to think we have a winner in President Trump, which is also my assessment of Boris Johnson. They are both bold leaders and hopefully have a few more years to contribute to the common good. Macron, Merkel, and Trudeau, not so much. Your results may vary, Boac.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5973 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:14 pm

I thought my eyes had not deceived me - Bonny Prince Charlie treats the rep from Chumpland with appropriate disdain. :-bd

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/23/prince-c ... -12113601/

I would not be surprised if there is call for his extradition, but since he has Diplomatic Immunity - yah-boo-sucks! Pence - suck it up, baby.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5974 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:38 am

The Katie Waldman picture cries out for speech bubbles containing comments about HRH’s brother and his activities Stateside?

Any volunteers? I’ve got brainfade at present. (No change there then!)

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5975 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:42 am

"You tell that over-blown orange arsehole to resign, what?"

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5976 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:45 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:14 pm
I thought my eyes had not deceived me - Bonny Prince Charlie treats the rep from Chumpland with appropriate disdain. :-bd

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/23/prince-c ... -12113601/

I would not be surprised if there is call for his extradition, but since he has Diplomatic Immunity - yah-boo-sucks! Pence - suck it up, baby.

Pence, the whited sepulcher, whose pristine christian heart will not allow him to sit alone with a woman, save for his wife, lest his eye cause him to sin and force him to pluck it out.

Good for old Charley, he often has some odd ideas but his basic instincts are in the right of it I think.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5977 Post by Boac » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:16 pm

My sympathies to the 34 US personnel injured in Iraq during the recent missile attack who apparently are just malingering according to the C-in-C.

I don't think many of our American Chump supporters really understand why he has is held in such a low opinion over here - it may help to explain that in British slang to 'Trump' is to 'Fart' which is most appropriate for someone who's pronouncements emanate from his arse.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5978 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:18 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:16 pm
My sympathies to the 34 US personnel injured in Iraq during the recent missile attack who apparently are just malingering according to the C-in-C.

I don't think many of our American Chump supporters really understand why he has is held in such a low opinion over here - it may help to explain that in British slang to 'Trump' is to 'Fart' which is most appropriate for someone who's pronouncements emanate from his arse.
What is it about the word "traumatic" that doesn't he understand. Truly an insidious injury that can take years to recover from, if at all. Some of these people might need lifelong medical help and support.

An old friend from university days was caught up in a land mine explosion that blew the leg and testicle off the chap walking in front of him. My friend who was walking a yard or two behind the guy that took the brunt of the blast was blown to the ground and concussed but appeared to recover quickly from superficial injuries but suffered bouts of depression, irritability and the inability to concentrate and remember things for years afterwards! He became withdrawn and his personality changed. Subsequently, years later, an MRI scan showed lesions on the brain caused by the the concussion of the explosion!

Stirling Moss and Richard Hammond talk about their brain injuries

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5979 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:23 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:45 pm

Pence, the whited sepulcher, whose pristine christian heart will not allow him to sit alone with a woman, save for his wife, lest his eye cause him to sin and force him to pluck it out.
I suppose it is what he "plucks out" that is the basis of the moral question! :))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5980 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:56 am