The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#8381 Post by barkingmad » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Here’s a sideways look at the recent election, from 2 months ago, interesting to watch it now in retrospect knowing the final score (I think?!);

It will probably infuriate some here who are obviously not fans of the outgoing POTUS but hey, aren’t we supposed to hear out the other side as well?

Neither tin hat nor blindfold worn, I await incoming... :-w

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8382 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:12 pm

First this: :))

Now this: :-o

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/tru ... -for-covid

Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani tests positive for COVID
July 1, 2020, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
By: Associated PressPosted at 1:47 PM, Dec 06, 2020 and last updated 1:55 PM, Dec 06, 2020
WASHINGTON, DC — President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani has tested positive for coronavirus.

The president confirmed in a Sunday afternoon tweet that the former New York mayor had test positive for the virus.

Giuliani has traveled extensively to battleground states, including Arizona, in recent weeks in effort to help Trump subvert his election loss.

Trump wished Giuliani a speedy recovery, tweeting: "Get better soon Rudy, we will carry on!!!"

Giuliani made an appearance earlier on Sunday on Fox News to speak about his legal challenges in several states on behalf of Trump.

PP :YMPARTY:

prospector
Capt
Capt

#8383 Post by prospector » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:58 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/opinion/ ... d=msedgdhp

"This may be Donald Trump’s most enduring legacy—a nihilistic political culture, one that is tribalistic, distrustful, and sometimes delusional, swimming in conspiracy theories. The result is that Americans are disoriented and frustrated, fearful of and often enraged at one another."

Did not take this lot long to forget the Russian interference crap.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8384 Post by EA01 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:35 pm

You're a big Trump supporter Prospector...tell me why these cases get thrown out of court repeatedly by Republican appointed Judges?

Is it a part of an 81 million voter fraud....? Really, claiming this fraud is to say the US democratic part of the Constitutional Republic is broken....badly....and it must have been like this for a long time as I see no one claiming the US system is broken because of any recent act or laws passedor any precedent set.

I understand to arrange for a postal vote you need to send a signature specimen to receive the ballot, upon returning the ballot its signature is crossed check, the signature envelope (?) discarded and the anonymous ballot then counted

So then, what is it about the US system that is so wrong / broken?, what can be done to fix it?, who broke it? Who can fix it?...to fix it is to admit there is a systemic failure....what is the systemic failure and how to address it? courts won't listen to what is being presented so then is Rudy et all. getting it wrong? Barking up the wrong tree??

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8385 Post by EA01 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:57 pm

Now look at what is happening!...they were told to stay at home...but no...everyone travelled for Thanksgiving...the outcome was predicted, and reaping the results of that ignorance, it is an awfull thing to say but China must be laughing their bastard ass communist / capitalists heads off right now...

prospector
Capt
Capt

#8386 Post by prospector » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:53 pm

" I see no one claiming the US system is broken because of any recent act or laws passedor any precedent set"

Is not the new postal voting setup that was rushed through because of the Covid 19 creating the major problem? It was foreseen by many on both sides as being open for many different forms of fraudulent activity, and so it has proven to be.

.“This is incredibly important to the election integrity effort as a whole because this isn’t just the Trump campaign that’s interested in having answers to these machines,” she added, while asking: “Were they connected to Wi-Fi? Why did these so-called glitches happen? What really is the system that is behind all of this?”

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8387 Post by EA01 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:35 am

Estonia manages an internet based voting system just fine.....

Personally I don't like the idea, I don't trust technology. I've lost count of the times IT people have told me "Dunno, sometimes it just happens", but little old Estonia can manage it.

Postal voting is a new thing in the US prospector? I feel rather confident postal votes have been allowed in previous elections.

I understand that in Georgia (I may have the State wrong), you need to formally request a postal ballot, and provide a signature specimen to do so, upon completion of the ballot it is returned within an envelope enclosed in another envelope with another signature specimen, (Check & balance number 2), the envelope then discarded and the envelope enclosing the ballot sent on to the counting room.

Seems far more secure than here!

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8388 Post by EA01 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:46 am

That is a fascinating video Barking....raises the question beyond what is a democratic state or who is democratic governor and what has been simmering away to allow the American populace to arrive at this state.....

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8389 Post by boing » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:15 pm

The signature verification process is useless. How can you expect a poll worker to do a reasonable comparison of hundreds of signatures a day when people's signatures vary from use to use? Sometimes you are expected to keep your looping and flourished signature in a restricting little box, sometimes the printed box is too short for your signature. We have all had to sign the stupid little plastic strips on credit cards. It is normally the job of a hand writing expert to verify a signature in court.

I torqued my right thumb shortly before the election and could not hold a pen tightly, it took me three attempts to write my signature on my ballot envelope. I know it looked nothing like my normal signature and I expected my ballot to be rejected. It was accepted.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8390 Post by John Hill » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:13 pm

boing wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:15 pm
I know it looked nothing like my normal signature and I expected my ballot to be rejected. It was accepted.
Yes, but it was converted to a vote for Biden.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8391 Post by boing » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm

Not in Oregon. The Dems have such a majority they go on vacations during elections.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#8392 Post by prospector » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:59 am

https://www.rt.com/usa/509162-billionai ... aign=Email

"One of the chief beneficiaries of the fiscal explosion has been Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, whose personal fortune increased 63 percent since March as locked-down Americans turned to online shopping to meet their needs. The retail tycoon faced sharp criticism over his company’s alleged mistreatment of Amazon warehouse workers in the early days of the pandemic, but had he distributed his $71.4 billion windfall among Amazon’s employees, workers would have received $88,000 each while leaving their boss just as rich as he was before the coronavirus outbreak."

Un believable that such things can happen.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8393 Post by John Hill » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:25 am

boing wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm
Not in Oregon. The Dems have such a majority they go on vacations during elections.
Of course they have a majority with all the mail vote fraud. :))
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8394 Post by boing » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:41 am

Prospector

People have made money on COVID in some strange circumstances.

My SiL owns a programming company that has a long term contract with a large health organisation. He was negotiating to sell his company to a French corporation that wanted to move into the US healthcare market. The frogs haggled and haggled trying to beat him down to the last cent, this went on for nearly a year.

Come COVID he was given a contract much bigger than before to handle COVID statistics. He told the frogs to swim the Atlantic, he got a good contract and the frogs, who could have had the contract, got nothing.

Cest la vie.

By the way, Amazon is so stretched that they are paying up to $3000 bonus as a sign on fee to new workers.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#8395 Post by prospector » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:56 am

"By the way, Amazon is so stretched that they are paying up to $3000 bonus as a sign on fee to new workers."

Just the way the cookie crumbles I suppose, certainly been very good for some, and many have lost small businesses built up over years of effort. through no fault of their own.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8396 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:06 am

prospector wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:56 am
"By the way, Amazon is so stretched that they are paying up to $3000 bonus as a sign on fee to new workers."

Just the way the cookie crumbles I suppose, certainly been very good for some, and many have lost small businesses built up over years of effort. through no fault of their own.
Why don't I believe you? What dark flaw in your misguided soul should we ignore now?

Godamn it man, you are **** madder than me!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8397 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:15 am

barkingmad wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:06 pm
Here’s a sideways look at the recent election, from 2 months ago, interesting to watch it now in retrospect knowing the final score (I think?!);

It will probably infuriate some here who are obviously not fans of the outgoing POTUS but hey, aren’t we supposed to hear out the other side as well?

Neither tin hat nor blindfold worn, I await incoming... :-w
Have they shot barking up the **** arse with a 200 mil loony Chlorpromazine dolt volt shot?

We should reserve the rest here for other folk, save for Boing who deserves a 9 mil piece of hard ordinance shot straight between the eyes. ;)))

(I can't help liking the bugger though).
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8398 Post by boing » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:25 am

I lose one point, or 100, your choice, it is UPS paying the bonuses. I can't quickly find the original article with the $3000 bonus, this was for permanent employees I suspect.
UPS is paying $1700 bonus for seasonal workers.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/business/ups- ... 4036d.html

I actually could have been the senior pilot on the UPS fleet. I interviewed with a small freight operation in North Carolina and after a very chatty day looking around the operation I was offered a job. I was shown the operation by the training pilot, he told me that there was one management pilot and himself already hired and that I would be the first line pilot. I eventually turned down the job because it would have meant relocating from the west coast to the east coast. Little did I know that the small freight operation was the start up kernel for the UPS flight operations department.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8399 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:30 am

boing wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:25 am
I lose one point, or 100, your choice, it is UPS paying the bonuses. I can't quickly find the original article with the $3000 bonus, this was for permanent employees I suspect.
UPS is paying $1700 bonus for seasonal workers.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/business/ups- ... 4036d.html

Your interest in life is greed. You have abandoned honour, nobility and a wider appreciation of humanity.

You might as well be a Nazi, and then we can kill you with impunity.. :ymcowboy:
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8400 Post by boing » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:57 am

As the insulted party I choose bows and arrows at 25 yards. I suggest a location in the coastal mountain range, beautiful views and the bears and coyotes will remove the evidence. The loser must die quietly with a stiff upper lip to avoid distressing the wildlife.