The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
prospector
Capt
Capt

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#6381 Post by prospector » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:10 am

"Not at all. I have no side and would rather the better man than the right side"

That s good, but in this day and age you are treading on thin ice by stating "better man" rather than "better person", after all Hillary is Female???

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6382 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:22 am

prospector wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:10 am
"Not at all. I have no side and would rather the better man than the right side"

That s good, but in this day and age you are treading on thin ice by stating "better man" rather than "better person", after all Hillary is Female???
True ;)))

Suffice it to say I would never have naturally voted for Clinton if I had been eligible, which I am not. Not on the basis of her sex anyway, but, given these straitened times, would certainly have done anything to prevent the abomination that is Trump.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

prospector
Capt
Capt

#6383 Post by prospector » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:31 am

If he can get through his TERMS in office without starting another war, then he would have achieved something that no other American president has managed for a long time.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6384 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:32 am

prospector wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:31 am
If he can get through his TERMS in office without starting another war, then he would have achieved something that no other American president has managed for a long time.
True...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6385 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:35 am

BenThere wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:00 pm
Be careful when you travel to Canada. They're all smiley, kind, and polite, but have a number of tricks up their sleeves. Americans venturing there, being of good faith, open, accepting, and unsuspecting, are their favorite victims.
Did you catch crabs there, Ben?

Seenenough

#6386 Post by Seenenough » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:39 am

"How he deludes so many people makes me worry about the basic intelligence of human beings."

Gob,this is what the Democrats and the media do.Their position is that the average US citizen does not have enough intelligence to draw their own conclusions.The Democrats continually postulate that their interlectual superiority knows what is best for all voters.

Hillary Clinton refered ,fatally, to her presidential aspirations ,to these US voters as "Deplorables" and she was never able to recover from such an insult to so many people who held the balance to elect her to office.As we now know, she and the Democrats refuse to accept the outcome of the 2016 Elections.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6387 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:41 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:35 am

Did you catch crabs there, Ben?
STD's aside I see that angry Canadian crabs are attacking the American Maine crabs. Could this be a reprise of 1812? Will the White House go up in smoke again?

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6388 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:44 am

Seenenough wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:39 am

Hillary Clinton refered ,fatally to her presidential aspirations ,to these US voters as "Deplorables"
A Category A Error, I give you that. Not so much deplorable as an egregious error which undid her.

Nobody likes an arrogant "smart arse"... ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Seenenough

#6389 Post by Seenenough » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:52 am

"Nobody likes an arrogant "smart arse"... ;)))"

I can think of a few more around here who would meet you criteria.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6390 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:55 am

Seenenough wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:52 am
"Nobody likes an arrogant "smart arse"... ;)))"

I can think of a few more around here who would meet you criteria.
I am always happy to speak for myself seenenough... =))

;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6391 Post by llondel » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:50 am

Seenenough wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:31 pm
Little correction.The Secretary of the Navy relieved Captain Crozier of his Command of the USS Theodore Roosevelt.He will likely,as with Vindeman be reassigned.
The question is whether political pressure was applied to take him off the job. The crew of the carrier know what he did for them.

Also a retired Captain weighed in on the political side

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6392 Post by BenThere » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:20 am

I tend to be on the side of Captain Crozier, too, but I'm a bit skeptical about the axe falling from above the Navy chain of command. Now that he's a hero he can write a book and cash in. Or maybe he'll just fade away.

My takeaway is that he stood up for his troops and I can only applaud that. There's time to examine the sequence of events, who ordered his cashiering, and what they all were thinking. It's a story yet to be told. For now, my take is that his honor was more important to him than his career, which I regard as a wise choice, and I salute him.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6393 Post by llondel » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:37 am

BenThere wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:20 am
I tend to be on the side of Captain Crozier, too, but I'm a bit skeptical about the axe falling from above the Navy chain of command. Now that he's a hero he can write a book and cash in. Or maybe he'll just fade away.

My takeaway is that he stood up for his troops and I can only applaud that. There's time to examine the sequence of events, who ordered his cashiering, and what they all were thinking. It's a story yet to be told. For now, my take is that his honor was more important to him than his career, which I regard as a wise choice, and I salute him.
Yes, he took the action he considered was best for the welfare of his men regardless of the personal cost.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6394 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:46 am

BenThere wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:20 am

My God, I agree with you! Crozier is an honest, decent, honorable American officer! Period. He should never have been treated this way. Follow the chain of command and realize that arses were on the line all the way to the top. Lots of arses with no balls... because none of the lame, tame, Navy, citizen, apparatchiks between him and the loony at the top were going take any heat.

Captain Crozier shouldn't be writing books. He should be in command of his ship!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6395 Post by BenThere » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:57 am

One of my most vivid USAF experiences was flying as the number 7 tanker in an 8 tanker formation that refueled the entire Roosevelt fleet operating out of the Red Sea at the beginning of GW1. As I recall, there were 64 Roosevelt aircraft plus the eight of us refueling in an air refueling anchor oval. As number 7 I observed the entire phalanx in front of me, a sight that made me think of the massive bomber formations of WWII. I had 8 Navy fighters on my wing, bristling with missiles and bombs, offloaded the gas, then they departed on their way to Iraq. We were in Saudi airspace. It was majestic, and once I saw that I knew Iraq didn't stand a chance in that one.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#6396 Post by prospector » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:33 am

Maybe the saga of Captain Crozier goes way back, the Acting Secretary of the Navy was an aeroplane driver for the navy in his earlier days, maybe a pay back for a incident in the past???

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6397 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:45 pm

The telling of truth is anathema to someone like Chump. Toxic.

Crozier was doomed the moment he spoke truthfully in the public sphere.

Seenenough

#6398 Post by Seenenough » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:06 pm

"Trump fires Michael Atkinson, intelligence IG who told Congress about Ukraine phone call"

This one will set off a media firestorm.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6399 Post by Boac » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:34 am

"At his daily briefing, Mr Trump said "there will be death" in a grim assessment of the days ahead." - a real JIGJAM, ain't he?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6400 Post by barkingmad » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:43 am

Boac wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:34 am
"At his daily briefing, Mr Trump said "there will be death" in a grim assessment of the days ahead." - a real JIGJAM, ain't he?

Nobody knows more about death than Chump-it’s official! There’s an interesting prospect? And what competent official remaining after all the sackings would take the helm and steer the USA out into calmer safer waters?