The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#6221 Post by BenThere » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:00 am

Your problem, Boac, as you incessantly endeavor to discredit the Trump administration, is that our president is working diligently for the best outcome for America. The people are perceiving that, and his poll numbers ascend. Our current Coronavirus challenge is front and center, and President Trump is out there, facing the media, standing his ground, and being a leader as well as an executive appointing competent administrators to carry out their missions.

Coronavirus, I recognize, is a severe challenge. My take is that I can think of no one better than President Trump to be at the helm. He is totally pro-American. He assesses and decides. He says what he means and thinks. And he is going to make mincemeat of Joe Biden, a has been who has achieved nothing in 40 years of elective office.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#6222 Post by Jetex Jim » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:57 am

I received an email from an old friend in Florida this morning.
Well, the Donald of Orange is **** up more than usual, if that's possible. And those idiots who follow him remain clueless and will probably blame deaths within their ranks on Obama. I used to be proud of my country. Most people in the U.S. are not getting tested because of the lack of medical supplies. In New York, the morgues are full in the hospital, and so the dead are piled up in the hallways.
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6223 Post by Boac » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Ben wrote:Your problem, Boac, as you incessantly endeavor to discredit the Trump administration
no effort required at all, Ben. As those who are not blinded by the dazzling light emanating from the parted clouds can see, he does it himself every time he speaks or tweets.

Seenenough

#6224 Post by Seenenough » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:28 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:34 pm
Ben wrote:Your problem, Boac, as you incessantly endeavor to discredit the Trump administration
no effort required at all, Ben. As those who are not blinded by the dazzling light emanating from the parted clouds can see, he does it himself every time he speaks or tweets.
But as we all know Bo,you are totally blinded and deafened by you regurgitative inner hate of Trump so how can you see or hear anything at all.Old saying goes "none are so deaf as those who will not listen"

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6225 Post by Boac » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:29 pm

Seen wrote:how can you see or hear anything at all.
I take it your comprehension skills match those of the Chump, then? :))

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6226 Post by John Hill » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:17 pm

Just everyone relax, OK?

We have only 12 days left of this epidemic then we can all go to church on Easter Sunday.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6227 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:00 pm

I have never seen evidence of Trump's affiliation to Christianity.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6228 Post by Woody » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:11 pm

John Hill wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:17 pm
Just everyone relax, OK?

We have only 12 days left of this epidemic then we can all go to church on Easter Sunday.
Won’t NZ still be in lockdown then?
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Seenenough

#6229 Post by Seenenough » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:14 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:29 pm
Seen wrote:how can you see or hear anything at all.
I take it your comprehension skills match those of the Chump, then? :))
Said like a true old salty "when I once was in the Airforce,RAF,SAAF ..." whatever ,who has never come to terms with himself and his absolute level of having no influence on anyone at all sitting in the far dingy North of the Kingdom with nothing better to do at all.

You are likely one of those civilian types who demanded a 5th and bigger bar because they are Airbus 380 Captains

I would spend a bit more time worrying how the UK will endure come out of the pandemic Bo.

Seenenough

#6230 Post by Seenenough » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:31 pm

Bo -I far prefer the demeanor that Ben regularly displays.

Clearly he flew in the US Airforce then switched to civilian aviation slowly and steadily rise to the top at Delta and now lives a great life in retirement,with a more than adequate pension, between home in the US and also at his beach home in Mexico.He has probably flown all over the world for Delta and now enjoys the fruits of his work without dwelling on the fact that he was pretty high up in the Delta ladder or was once an Airforce Pilot as PIC of Fuel Tankers.

He has invited me to visit him some time and enjoy a few Tequilas together-I might take him up someday.

Obviously on his travels he has enjoyed his experiences in each and every country he has visited.

As I have said I must be a decrepit life sitting in the UK spending your day myopically consumed by anything and everything that Trump does or says.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#6231 Post by Jetex Jim » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:43 pm

There are some fascinating people in the USA.
From USA Today
Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, 69, made the comments on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” after President Donald Trump said he wanted to reopen the country for business in weeks, not months.

Patrick also said the elderly population, who the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said are more at risk for COVID-19, can take care of themselves and suggested that grandparents wouldn’t want to sacrifice their grandchildren’s economic future.

“No one reached out to me and said, ‘as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?’” Patrick said. “And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in.”
Blow me, and I thought Islamic Fundamentalists were the definition of in indoctrination.

So, any volunteers for Soylent Green among the OPS-NORMAL community?
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6232 Post by Boac » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:53 pm

"I must be a decrepit life" - you got it! :))

Seenenough

#6233 Post by Seenenough » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 pm

More misrepresentation

"Patrick also said the elderly population, who the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said are more at risk for COVID-19.." -Data clearly shows that the elderly are most at risk to the disease.

", can take care of themselves and suggested that grandparents wouldn’t want to sacrifice their grandchildren’s economic future."..those over 65 in the US have the benefit of the Medicare to assist them with their medical needs that they have contributed of the years to this Social Security Benefit.

Imposing quarantine on everyone ,becausy Granny is at major risk ,is likely not the best solution and should not prevent those who have overcome the virus from going back to work.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#6234 Post by Jetex Jim » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:15 pm

Seenenough wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 pm
More misrepresentation

"Patrick also said the elderly population, who the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said are more at risk for COVID-19.." -Data clearly shows that the elderly are most at risk to the disease.

", can take care of themselves and suggested that grandparents wouldn’t want to sacrifice their grandchildren’s economic future."..those over 65 in the US have the benefit of the Medicare to assist them with their medical needs that they have contributed of the years to this Social Security Benefit.

Imposing quarantine on everyone ,becausy Granny is at major risk ,is likely not the best solution and should not prevent those who have overcome the virus from going back to work.
Well let's hope if it comes to it there is enough capacity in the medical system.

As far as, ' should not prevent those who have overcome the virus from going back to work.' Does the US have even the testing capacity to determine who they are?

Seenenough

#6235 Post by Seenenough » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:35 pm

They are working on a test to establish who has had the virus and have recovered or have been asyptomatic and have build up antibodies-for now they are focused on who tests positive.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#6236 Post by Jetex Jim » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:01 pm

Trump wants to get America back to work (to secure his reelection) but this seems like a high risk strategy.

COVID-19 might have been genetically engineered to target Trump's fan-base ... the elderly, the overweight and angry.

By promoting this line Trump runs the risk of literally decimating his own support.

Seenenough

#6237 Post by Seenenough » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:51 am

"COVID-19 might have been genetically engineered to target Trump's fan-base ... the elderly, the overweight and angry. "

More BS

Those who have had the virus and recovered from it can return to work without risk.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6238 Post by John Hill » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:56 am

Seenenough wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:51 am
Those who have had the virus and recovered from it can return to work without risk.

Who told you that? Trump?

Seenenough

#6239 Post by Seenenough » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:36 am

John Hill wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:56 am
Seenenough wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:51 am

Who told you that? Trump?
No Jack-many of the medical brains trust over here seem to feel and express that if a person has overcome the virus and developed antibodies that they are unlikely to recontract the virus.

They are actually harvesting the blood plasma of those who have recovered in order to try and cure those who have the virus.

They should put Hunter Biden on the Committee maybe he can add something.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6240 Post by John Hill » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:54 am

So not proven then.