The US Hamster Wheel

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Slasher

Re: The US Hamster Wheel

#4701 Post by Slasher » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 am

Bit of a kick in the head for the Dems, the CNN's bald-headed eunuch and MSNBC's Rachel Madcow, to say nothing of the British ***** Corp and Oz ABC et al:

Also a kick in the arse for K&C, Hill (and Boac but not for the same reasons).

Too little too late from the New York Slimes. No doubt they did this because of decreasing viewership (and thus lower 💵).

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4702 Post by John Hill » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:17 am

Absence of evidence has never been evidence of absence.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4703 Post by Boac » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:12 am

Slasher - as far as I can see that is not the 'New York Times' apologising? It appears to be a so-called 'Op-Ed' offering an opinion. A demonstration of free journalism?

Op-Ed - "a newspaper page opposite the editorial page, devoted to personal comment"

Trump is right to praise the NYT for publishing that. It shows they are not biased, but open to opinion - more than some.

Slasher

#4704 Post by Slasher » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:23 am

Yeh but they haven't printed anything positive in its pages about Trump ever mate. Still reckon it's solely the profit motive behind it though, and an experiment in seeing the reaction to 3rd party contrary opinion.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4705 Post by Boac » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:18 am

"Yeh but they haven't printed anything positive in its pages about Trump ever mate." - well, my position, as you know, is that that reinforces the accurate reporting they do. :-bd

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4706 Post by BenThere » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Except it's not accurate, Boac.

I used to regularly read the New York Times back when it was the 'newspaper of record', much like The Australian, which is better written and edited, and offers in-depth journalistic assessments of current issues.

I could debate that The Australian is at minimum one of the five best newspapers in the world. The New York Times was there once, but it fell prey to politicizing, becoming a tool of the Democrat party. It sold its credibility on the alter of taking an advocate rather than journalist path over 40 years ago. It's a shell of its former self.

Seenenough

#4707 Post by Seenenough » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:06 pm

US markets hit all time highs today-and the real bad news,Bo, is that it is likely to keep going up for a while.

Slasher

#4708 Post by Slasher » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:39 am

The only thing currently worthwhile bothering to read in The Australian is Andrew Bolt who writes the Bolt Report. In fact I think it's the only page I bother to peruse in that rag. Up till 30 years ago though that paper wasn't too bad.

The crosswords are good.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4709 Post by BenThere » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:26 pm

When I go to Australia every year for a month over Christmas, my father in law would have the Australian delivered every day while I was there. He knew I liked it. I think it has high journalistic and editing strengths, comprehensive national and international scope, and, while it seems to lean center-right, widely allows opposing viewpoints. I often read it cover to cover. It made me recall the days I could read the New York Times in the same way. Those days are gone since the Times went totally left.

It was the local Adelaide newspaper that my father in law read himself that was worthless to me.

Slasher

#4710 Post by Slasher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:54 am

As an aside...Ben and Seen this Dan Smoot's report here is just as valid now as it was then 55 years ago.

And so history keeps repeating itself yet again.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4711 Post by BenThere » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:37 am

Smoot was profoundly accurate. I watched Johnson's War on Poverty unfold first hand. It destroyed Detroit. In the early 60's Detroit's black community was thriving, generating Motown music, economically vibrant with abundant, well-paying factory jobs in the city core. As a young teenager at the time I felt, and was, safe to go anywhere. Great Society wrecked all that and by 1968, when Johnson declined to seek re-election due to Vietnam and the unintended consequences of implementing a welfare state, the Detroit I knew was no more, the riots of 1967 that burned down many of the city's businesses and neighborhoods drove its productive elements away, like me.

Much to my surprise, as I had considered Detroit hopeless, over the last two years of the Trump administration, Detroit is showing some marked improvement. The city center is alive with new restaurants, employers re-occupying abandoned buildings with professional employees who are moving back into the city, and most important - a new, hopeful general outlook. It's still run by Democrats as it has been since the last Republican mayor was elected in the good old days that ended in the early 60's. That's the greatest handicap it faces.

Slasher

#4712 Post by Slasher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:58 am

Yes, but you can appreciate how it's now being called for again in similar fashion esp in NYC and California. That's the tragedy Ben.

And how the hell DeBlazes got elected mayor is beyond me.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4713 Post by BenThere » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:11 am

California, Chicago and New York City are in the process of becoming what Detroit became. Their voters just don't realize it yet.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4714 Post by Boac » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:32 pm

Oh how the adoring fools at Elmendorf Air Force Base cheered and clapped -

“You kept hearing it was 90 percent, 92 percent, the caliphate in Syria. Now’s it’s 100 percent. ... We did that in a much shorter period of time than it was supposed to be.”

You would think he would have checked first with the bearded bloke I saw on TV today............ :YMPARTY:

Slasher

#4715 Post by Slasher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:57 pm

BenThere wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:11 am
California, Chicago and New York City are in the process of becoming what Detroit became. Their voters just don't realize it yet.
I think they're just too stupid to realise it yet Ben. And yes Chicago too. Whooda gurssed the pro-illegal immig stance is located at a church there.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4716 Post by Boac » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Ooh look!

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
We have 1,800 ISIS Prisoners taken hostage in our final battles to destroy 100% of the Caliphate in Syria. Decisions are now being made as to what to do with these dangerous prisoners....
5:31 PM · Apr 30, 2019 ·

NB This is now 'In Syria' - not ISIS is dead. Problem is, he forgot about the other 80%. As far as 'what to do with these dangerous prisoners' - I read somewhere there are problems recruiting US folk to work in places like Mar-a-Lago - they could sit alongside Melanie if she has a big settee there. :ymdevil:

It is amazing that people (who probably consider themselves 'intelligent' - although not as intelligent as the Chump, of course) believe these utterances. What is the total of verbal Chump-crap so far? Never mind - the Dow is doing well.

Slasher

#4717 Post by Slasher » Wed May 01, 2019 5:57 am

A quick time out to ejamacate us non-Americans on the Electoral College.

Makes it clearer as to why Clinton, Pocahontas, Burntout Sanders et al want it abolished.

Slasher

#4718 Post by Slasher » Thu May 02, 2019 8:19 am

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4719 Post by BenThere » Thu May 02, 2019 5:02 pm

On a happy note, 8 years ago today, US forces found and killed Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan.

Slasher

#4720 Post by Slasher » Fri May 03, 2019 1:32 am

Yep. But ISIS isn't fully defeated yet. Same with Qaeda but they're bogged down in Yemen AFAIK Ben.

Though it was eventually beaten in Syria at great cost (esp in Raqqa) I suspect they are regrouping. If it is in fact responsible for Sri Lanka then too many of these murderous thugs are still alive. A widow of one thug being given legal aid in UK for example is not a good sign that the menace will be stamped out for good. To date I haven't heard of any of these female trash and their offspring being given the same in America.