What living political personality would you most want to be stuck in a lift with?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Capetonian

What living political personality would you most want to be stuck in a lift with?

#1 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:11 am

You may give two answers, one positive, one negative, and the reason for each.

My choices are :
Robert Mugabe, so that I can beat the living daylights out of the scrawny little bastard and tell him what I think of him. I wouldn't kill him, that would be too quick and too kind. The downside is I'd have to put up with the stench of an African sweating and **** himself in fear.
I know he's a frail old man but he has inflicted death, misery, poverty, and starvation on millions of people so I think normal rules of engagement become null and void.

Theresa May, so that I can tell her how much I admire her no ***** stance on leaving the Evil Union.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: What living political personality would you most want to be stuck in a lift with?

#2 Post by ian16th » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:37 am

To the best of my knowledge I've only once shared a lift with 1 significant politician, and he was in my mind as a sportsman more than a politician.

It was Imran Khan, in a Durban hotel lift that didn't get stuck, so we didn't have time to chat.

SM's highlight was we shared a lift in the B'ham Holiday Inn with most of the cast of 'Crossroads'. Not very high on my list though.
Cynicism improves with age

Airborne Aircrew
Capt
Capt
Re: What living political personality would you most want to be stuck in a lift with?

#3 Post by Airborne Aircrew » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:38 pm

I shook Maggie T's hand when she was MinEd and I was a snot nosed schoolboy...

She probably didn't remember shaking mine though...
Reasons for being banned to date:-

1. Espousing extreme views
2. PITA, (love this one)...

Sisemen

#4 Post by Sisemen » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Wouldn't mind sharing a lift with Mrs May - providing there was enough time to "get to know her", nudge, nudge :D

And Hitlery Clinton so that I could tell her to her face what a lot of people think about her.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Provided it is an "open cage" lift and I can force the doors open when near the top of the shaft, then it would be Nicola Sturgeon.

Capetonian

#6 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:15 pm

You mean when she gets near the top of your shaft?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by om15 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Maria Rosaria "Mara" Carfagna the Italian Minister for equal opportunities

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by 500N » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Maggie Thatcher

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Magnus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Corbyn, no, because blood would be spilled. I don't bleed too easily.

Despite what you may think of his politics, Bob Hawke, yes, because when I met him, he came across as a decent bloke.

Dirk
Capt
Capt

#10 Post by Dirk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 pm

500N wrote:Maggie Thatcher

TBH, I can't think of any living politician I could bare being stuck in a lift with., they all suck

500N
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by 500N » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:18 pm

I put Maggie down because like you I can't think of any others living I want to meet.

Slasher

#12 Post by Slasher » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:03 pm

None of the miserable pricks who are still alive. Theresa May I'd respect simply by not farting in the lift.

These however definitely yes, if they were still around...

Winston Churchill
JFK
Mahatma Ghandi
Anwar Sadat (more of a WTF and why TF?? discussion)
Pontius Pilate (I'd have to learn Latin first)
Pharoah Ramses II (Egyptian ditto)

Despite what you may think of his politics, Bob Hawke, yes, because when I met him, he came across as a decent bloke.

So did Adolf Hitler, Barack Obama, Napoleon and Josef Stalin. All were extremely good actors when in direct personal contact with any pleb.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by Magnus » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 am

Slasher, you just insulted Hitler, Napoleon and Stalin.

unifoxos
Capt
Capt

#14 Post by unifoxos » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:47 am

Wouldn't mind sharing a lift with Mrs May - providing there was enough time to "get to know her", nudge, nudge

YUK. Does Nigella Lawson count - her dad was an MP.
Sent from my tatty old Windoze PC.

Cacophonix

#15 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:53 am

Had the misfortune to be stuck opposite Nigel Farage on a flight back from SA some years back. Regret not taking the opportunity of terminating our brief acquaintance with extreme prejudice.

Caco

Cacophonix

#16 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:19 am

Does Nigella Lawson count

Sex over the Aga! Ms Lawson does culinary salaciousness so well!

Caco

Slasher

#17 Post by Slasher » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Yep. After I watch one of Nigella Lawson's cooking shows it makes me want to go out right then and there and buy the exact grub she just demonstrated.

BTW its not natural to associate a food with one's subconsciously deep lustful desire...um...is it? :-s

Cacophonix

#18 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:51 pm

I can't stand her politics but for all that Sarah Palin is hot! Just saying...

How shallow can I be? :-s

Caco

Capetonian

#19 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:57 pm

I don't get the slavering over Nigella Lawson. It's not because she's chubby (I'm being polite), I just don't see anything attractive about her at all, except that she can cook. So can I, so I don't need a woman to do that for me.

Sarah Palin is a moron. I would have thought Caco would have set his sights higher and she's not that attractive either.

Cacophonix

#20 Post by Cacophonix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Sarah Palin is a moron. I would have thought Caco would have set his sights higher and she's not that attractive either.

My shame is exacerbated by the fact that everything you say here is true!

Caco