Damn that Global Warming...

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story ....

#41 Post by Chuks » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:19 am

Here's an image of that "beachfront house" Al Gore owns. http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/aTgN_H8R ... dI/Al+Gore

In reality it's not on the beach, but it does have a view of the ocean.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Damn that Global Warming...

#42 Post by Magnus » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:51 am

The worst of the bloody lot was Pachauri, who was a railway engineer (and, I believe, a very good one) who headed the IPCC. He has scuttled off somewhere, but the IPCC is still peddling the concept of "human-induced climate change".

Sisemen

#43 Post by Sisemen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Flannery is actually a paeleantologist.

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#44 Post by Stoneboat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Magnus wrote:Gosh, and there was I thinking it was Al Gore. Does he still have his beachfront house, bought after he was screaming hysterically about rising sea levels?

Gore is in for the long haul, that'll be prime beachfront when the glaciers melt. :p

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:49 am

Flannery is actually a paeleantologist.

Thanks Siseman. :-bd I stand corrected.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by Chuks » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:44 am

Paleantologists must study really ancient members of the family Formicidae, ants! I have never heard of that specialty before, but if it exists it had probably had been supported by government money, until Donald Trump came along to save us from waste.

I think what you mean is that "Flannery is actually a paleontologist." That word is from the Greek for paleontology, the study of ancient things, "ancient (paleo)/being (ontos)/study (logos)."

Capetonian

#47 Post by Capetonian » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:39 am

Thanks so much for the most enlightening and informative update, chuk-up.
I am sure everyone appreciates yet another utterly useless piece of sneering pedantry from the would-be master of the sarcastic put-down.
Why not try contributing to a discussion one day?

Sisemen

#48 Post by Sisemen » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:01 am

I typed that in a rush. I knew the spelling was not right but I am deeply honoured and impressed that Chucks gave up some of his very valuable time to point out the correct spelling. Of course, I am deeply, deeply ashamed that, even having tertiary qualifications as well as being a graduate of RAF Staff College, I didn't take the time to check in the dictionary to make sure of the correct spelling. So ashamed I may never post again whilst the omnipotent shadow of the great Chuks towers above my unworthy presence. Say you forgive me Chuks. Give me a sign!

Just a bit of a shame that in real English it is spelt "palaeontologist"

Chuks
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by Chuks » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Yeah, well, we run things now, so that it's spelled paleontologist. Get over it.

No probs; it's not unpresidented (note new alternative spelling) to make such a mistake. It just tickled me that you were dumping on this guy for not being a climatologist, lacking knowledge, when you got that wrong yourself. If you feel honered (ditto) then you are welcome.

Sisemen

#50 Post by Sisemen » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Tremendous article by Clive James in the Weekend Australian. Unfortunately the Oz article is behind a paywall but this link gives the gist of it

http://joannenova.com.au/2017/06/end-ga ... ut-slowly/

Love the bit where he says it could be quite dangerous to get between Tim Flannery and a camera! =))

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#51 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Top AGW-promoting scientists (including Benjamin Santer and Michael 'hockey stick' Mann) admit their models are wrong.

Over most of the early twenty-first century, however, model tropospheric warming is substantially larger than observed; warming rate differences are generally outside the range of trends arising from internal variability. The probability that multi-decadal internal variability fully explains the asymmetry between the late twentieth and early twenty-first century results is low (between zero and about 9%). It is also unlikely that this asymmetry is due to the combined effects of internal variability and a model error in climate sensitivity. We conclude that model overestimation of tropospheric warming in the early twenty-first century is partly due to systematic deficiencies in some of the post-2000 external forcings used in the model simulations.

So, from 85% certainty in the early IPCC reports that the models were right, to less than 10% now.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/06/20/ ... m-climate/

obgraham
Capt
Capt

#52 Post by obgraham » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Lots of obfuscating words to state the obvious: "We've been feeding you a load of sh!t".

Bob
Capt
Capt

#53 Post by Bob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:14 pm

Global warming is a reality in Monmouth, I'm sweating me bollox off
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access