I'm getting worried that Jeremy might pull this off.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: I'm getting worried that Jeremy might pull this off.

#281 Post by Cacophonix » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:42 am

Capetonian you should have joined us in our tent at Glastonbury in 1984. The music was good (particularly Elvis Costello), the rain a pain and I never did it again simply because after having spent 6 months continually in a tent working on an archaeological site at the time the 'pleasures' of living under canvas had palled.

What ever did you do for fun as a youth? Where you ever young? I know to you such a world seems redolent of all things that seem to terrify you but twas and is not so. Live a little, go and do something slightly out of you comfort zone. You never know you might be amazed!

PS - Most who enjoyed Glastonbury that year are probably voting Tory today.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrjHz5hrupA[/bbvideo]

Caco

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#282 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Slight thread drift.

Dunno about Glastonbury but way back in the late 70`s I shared a house in Darwin with a Canadian who had actually attended Woodstock, and he could prove it! [-X

The one way to really wind him up was to mention the hoary old saying that; `If you could remember it, you weren`t there!` ~X(

His recollection was that the music was fantastic! But he added that something like that would never happen again.
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#283 Post by Woody » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:48 am

This strong and stable Government lark is not going to well is it.

Boris Johnson has become the latest senior cabinet minister to put pressure on the chancellor and the PM to end the public sector pay cap.
Sources close to the foreign secretary made it clear that he wants better pay for public service workers.
He joins those, including Michael Gove, who have suggested the government's 1% pay cap should be lifted.
Downing Street has said that any decisions on pay will be taken on a "case by case" basis.
A Whitehall source said Mr Johnson "strongly" believed pay rises could be achieved in "a responsible way", without putting undue pressure on the public finances.
In the Queen's Speech debate last month, Chancellor Philip Hammond made clear his aversion to higher borrowing.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#284 Post by Ibbie » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:03 am

Yes, woody.

Think Dismay is heading for the door marked BREXIT rather quickly.

Chiltern Hundreds application time I think.