I'm worried about the priorities in the UK.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
SOPS
Capt
Capt
I'm worried about the priorities in the UK.

#1 Post by SOPS » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:02 am

20000 or so potential terrorist being allowed to freely wander the streets. However 25 people have already been arrested for ' hate crimes' since the London attack. The London mayor has said that anyone carrying out hate crimes towards Muslims will be arrested and charged. It it just me that is missing the logic here?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: I'm worried about the priorities in the UK.

#2 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:10 am

What you call logic is not what they call logic.
Remember they are telling you that you will just have to "get used" to terrorism.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Rwy in Sight » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:40 am

It is much much easier to arrest someone for a hate crime (all it takes someone filling a complain and a cop being around) and they rarely have solid legal assistance readily available. On the other hand arresting some followers of the religion of love and peace because they are about to create the next London incident is next to impossible unless a very serious effort is made and again their legal defense is next to perfect.

angels
Capt
Capt

#4 Post by angels » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:45 am

SOPS wrote:20000 or so potential terrorist being allowed to freely wander the streets.

One of the things about living in our society is that 'potential' anythings are not arrested and banged up. You are a potential shoplifter, let's stop you going into shops.

Can you tell us please where you will stop? What other 'potentials' will suffer your justice? Do you think your treatment of 'potentials' will lead to a more peaceful society?

If people are actively commissioning a crime then they will be arrested and brought before a Court of Law where they will be tried. Many have been and many are in jail right now.

You could of course move to Russia where such legal niceties are often ignored. It's also a place where bombs go off on the underground.
All generalisations are false, including this one.

Magnus
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Magnus » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:22 am

Why not pursue that suggestion, angels? After all, my target pistols were taken away as they were potential murder weapons. I didn't hear the left complaining about the restriction of my freedoms at the time.

unifoxos
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by unifoxos » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:44 am

Hate crime can only be committed by white people here in UK. We can't intern enemy agents and potential saboteurs as the powers that be have not yet formally recognised that we are at war.
Sent from my tatty old Windoze PC.

Capetonian

#7 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:51 am

Only white people can be racist. That's long been a fact of life.
Any manifestation of pride or even just comfort at being white, British, Anglo-Saxon, or whatever, is racism.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Pinky the pilot » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:56 am

After all, my target pistols were taken away as they were potential murder weapons. I didn't hear the left complaining about the restriction of my freedoms at the time.

They`re trying to do the same in Australia Magnus. However, I believe that most of the current batch of Federal and State Politicians realise that they`d really have a job on their hands to completely remove Legally owned Handguns from licenced, Law abiding Firearms owners.

Simply because it has been said that most would just refuse to hand them in.
`What are they going to do? Jail all of us?` has been said many times by many Shooters. :-?
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by OFSO » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 am

Only white people can be racist.

heard something relating to that on "Yes Prime Minister" the other day. Suggest that in Africa blacks oppress blacks ? Very racist !

An African acquaintance who is a Muslim - living in London - gets constant abuse at the mosque from 'real' Muslims who hail from the Middle East...

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#10 Post by SOPS » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:00 pm

And this is why we have a problem ( but not in rose gardens of course).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ctims.html

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:11 pm

I see no reason why we need a minute's silence worldwide for every "outrage", especially as it is quite clear that this is used as a substitute for actually doing anything about stopping the next one.
I didn't hold a minute's silence either.

Now you may feel that the Saudis feel the terror attack are a good thing, and I might agree with you on that, but let's stop pretending that organized, required mass shared grief is a good thing. Spontaneous, yes; organized, not at all.

Slasher

#12 Post by Slasher » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:42 pm

I believe the Saudi team just didn't give a fcuk. This to me anyway was demonstrated in it making an "apology" after its PR minders told it to.

Besides, no one anywhere else held "a minute silence" after their own citizens were slaughtered by Daesh in Madinah and Riyadh, so I suppose why should they?

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by AtomKraft » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:15 am

OFSO.
You just posted that only white people can be racist.

You should come to India. Here, the darker you are, the less well you are treated.

Everyone wants to be fairer. i.e less brown.

They sell 'fairness cream' to the gullible (it doesn't work!) and the ads for it all show them being better treated and respected with their new pale faces after using 'Fair and Lovely' or one of the other creams.

Racism is not the preserve of 'white folk'.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by om15 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:21 am

I didn't really know what racism was until I spent a spell in Abu Dhabi and saw how the Arabs treated the Indian and Pilipino workers, absolutely appalling working conditions.
During an especially hot period several cleaners died of heat exhaustion in the hangar (GAMCO) and no one batted an eyelid.

With the odd exception I think "white folk" are not racist at all in the things that count.

Slasher

#15 Post by Slasher » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:52 pm

In Dubai Sharjah Abu Dhabi (ie UAE) it's not so much racism but more about strength of foreign government. India, Pakistan the Flipperines et al don't have enough clout in the Gulf to stand up for their expats there (Oman is the only place that I know in the region where imported manual workers are treated relatively well). Bahrain is middle of the road, while Qatar treats everyone like crap if they're not citizens...and they can get away with it.

Trust me - if Europe, the U.S. etc were 3rd world shitholes you'd be treated as trash the same as the Indians and Pakis in the Gulf irrespective of your skin colour.