Chaos in Italy

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt
Re: Chaos in Italy

#41 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:41 pm

Then they well on the way to ruining their Europe as they knew it, as they grew up in. Even worse is what they are going to leave for their children.
Best thing the Brits have done in the last 50 years is opt out of what is now well on the way to permanent misery. To them I say, keep exploring alternate trading relations on an expedited basis - you are going to need the options.
I say this as one born in Manchester.
History does Not repeat itself through time. It does however, sometimes rhyme.

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#42 Post by SOPS » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:14 am

Only those European countries that lock down their borders with force, will survive. The rest will become overrun, crime ridden ghettos.

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#43 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 am

The number of migrants crossing into Europe from Africa will be in the millions within five years unless urgent action is taken, a senior EU official has warned.
Antonio Tajani, president of the European Parliament, has said the scale and severity of the migrant crisis is being underestimated and must be tackled urgently.
In an interview with Il Messagero newspaper, Mr Tajani said there would be an exodus ‘of biblical proportions that would be impossible to stop if we don’t confront the problem now’
‘Population growth, climate change, desertification, wars, famine in Somalia and Sudan. These are the factors that are forcing people to leave
‘When people lose hope, they risk crossing the Sahara and the Mediterranean because it is worse to stay at home, where they run enormous risks. If we don’t confront this soon, we will find ourselves with millions of people on our doorstep within five years.
‘Today we are trying to solve a problem of a few thousand people, but we need to have a strategy for millions of people.’
Former Italian prime minister Matteo Renzi, the head of the ruling Democratic Party, said yesterday Italy should allow only a ‘fixed number’ of migrants into the country as it grapples with a wave of people arriving by sea from North Africa.
‘There has to be a fixed number of arrivals. We should not feel guilty if we are not able to welcome everyone,’ Mr Renzi said in a video posted on his party’s website.
‘We have to save everyone, but we are not able to welcome everyone into Italy,’ he said. DM

[font=Arial Black]Well, no you don't have to save everyone and you obviously missed the UN report saying 70% were not refugees. You cannot save the world from poverty, you cannot give the poorer people a gift of prosperity by moving them in. If you try to you will sink your state trying. It's sitting kind of low in the water already. It is sad, but no one can save the whole world by allowing unlimited migration.[/font]

obgraham
Capt
Capt

#44 Post by obgraham » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:49 am

If the Italians really want to "save" everyone, the solution is simple.

Send out their naval vessels.
Pick up everyone floating about on the waves.
Immediately head to the closest bit of Africa and unload everyone. Right away.

After doing this for a month or so, the Africans will stop setting out, as they know full well what will happen on their forced return.

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#45 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:27 am

Europe has many, many naval and coastguard vessels.
And, you know what? They are not busy fighting a war! (well, Spain's are busy bothering Gibraltar like mosquitos from time to time).......
They are available. They are mostly sitting in ports.
Use them. Call it "training" if you want.
Call it obeying the rules of the sea. Take shipwrecked people to the nearest safe land. N.Africa is safe...they've been waiting there for months and months haven't they? It's just not the target....not the more safe....not the desired safe...not the benefits safe.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by BenThere » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:30 pm

The thought occurred to me that President Trump's very visible embrace of Poland was a redux of Rumfeld's 'Old Europe' pronouncement back in the Bush II days.

That fact is that the fate of Western Europe hangs in the balance by virtue of its decision to introduce Muslims to the extent that Muslims may become the majority demographic in the next generation or two, at which point democracy goes out the window. But Eastern Europe is resisting, having had a bellyful of totalitarian ideology. As of today, and watching the shenanigans in Hamburg, I'm betting on Poland, Hungary, the Baltics, and maybe we can even get Russia to join the fight one day.

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#47 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:31 am

Never count on Russia for anything.
Their first question is always: "What's in it for me?" (as in territory)

Bob
Capt
Capt

#48 Post by Bob » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:19 am

Never count on Russia for anything.
Their first question is always: "What's in it for me?"

Wasn't that very consideration a major part of Trump's winning agenda?

People still don't seem to get that all sides are telling lies, robbing their people and destroying the lives of those not in their club, all over the world.

It's much safer and mind settling to remain in the idiotic confines of the 'we good...you bad' mantra

Listen up dumbfeck...we is bad too
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#49 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:42 am

I was talking historically, you know - track record.
Trump is oh so new and the US is not the world.
And just who is "we" - you?
You see the world in too much of a black and white generalization. There are many shades.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:53 am

I think the World needs more Black and White when it comes to personal values - and basic respect for other human beings.
I see precious little White in any politicians or leaders these days - they are a wholly unprincipled bunch.
Politics is supposed to be the Art of the Possible, not the Art of the Profitable.

Capetonian

#51 Post by Capetonian » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:57 am

It's not the fact that they are 'Muslims' who are invading our shores, it's that many of them are people who will contribute only fear, subjugation, and barbarism to the western way of life. They are worse than parasites who simply feed on their host, as they are destroying their hosts.

If there were proper controls on these people, if they had to go through a selection process so that only those who were willing and able to contribute something of value to society, I would welcome them, as I am sure would may others.

As it is, I feel privileged and honoured to have enjoyed the way of life in Europe before it became infested by radical Islam, before history was destroyed, and while it was still safe for people to walk the streets of the cities. Our children will not have that privilege.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by OFSO » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Don't worry, y'all, the EU or G7 or some damned body will issue a proclamation which will resolve the situation.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#53 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:08 pm

BackToAllNightLights wrote:Europe has many, many naval and coastguard vessels.
And, you know what? They are not busy fighting a war! (well, Spain's are busy bothering Gibraltar like mosquitos from time to time).......
They are available. They are mostly sitting in ports.
Use them. Call it "training" if you want.
Call it obeying the rules of the sea. Take shipwrecked people to the nearest safe land. N.Africa is safe...they've been waiting there for months and months haven't they? It's just not the target....not the more safe....not the desired safe...not the benefits safe.

A huge mayhem is going to happen abroad the vessels, when the illegal immigrants realize they have not reach the welfare paradise of Europe but the shores of Africa. It would be a bloodbath and the European governments don't want to have to face it. They prefer to pay a higher price later.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Well, they prefer their citizens pay a higher price later.
They think the worst that will happen is that they are forced to resign.
History would indicate that those who facilitate invasions are treated quite a bit more harshly than that.

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#55 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:24 pm

Silly me....I assumed navel vessels were fighting ships with armed men aboard, able to defend themselves and enforce their orders.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by OFSO » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:59 pm

navel vessels were fighting ships with armed men aboard

Perhaps I am wrong, but were not the marines on board fighting ships originally there to keep the sailors in line ?

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#57 Post by Alisoncc » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:25 pm

Here's me thinking "navel" vessels were things that swam around your belly button when lying in the baaath. :))

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#58 Post by SOPS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:28 am

I'm wondering how many of the invaders arriving from Africa can actually read, write or speak a language that may be of some use in Europe? This whole thing is one huge mess, that in years to come people will look back on and wonder " what were they thinking?"

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by Boac » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:08 am

Does a navel engagement result in a loss of semen?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by OFSO » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:36 am

how many of the invaders arriving from Africa can actually read, write or speak a language

I can think of one tall thin African (Somali ?) who is a genius with metalwork and is very useful as he's the only person in the foundry who can speak fluent English: none of the Spanish can. Also very fast to grasp what's needed to be done and good at improvisation. He's probably the exception that proves the rule... but we are glad he's there.....