A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt
Re: Chaos in Italy

#21 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:58 am

No!

They still do not get it.

"On Thursday, the EU's migration commissioner, Dimitris Avramopoulos, promised more financial support for Italy, and urged member states to demonstrate greater solidarity."

That does not ONE thing to stop or even slow down the illegal migration. They are still totally focused on the end result of the problem and are doing absolutely nothing to stop it. Their talk-talk and ill-placed money will not stop or slow the flow one little bit. They do not seem to see that their problem will only continue to get worse and worse. I have never in my life seen such a collective bunch of incompetent bureaucrats operating at such high levels.
History does Not repeat itself through time. It does however, sometimes rhyme.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by OFSO » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:35 pm

The usual EU "solidarity". Last week the Spanish Guardia Civil warship, the 2100 ton "Rio Segura" fished 1216 people out of the sea - and took them to Salerno, Italy. One might well ask why they didn't take them to Barcelona. Answer: because the Spanish don't want them. Italy OTOH is seen as a soft touch.

The French sent back to Italy 400 immigrants last month, caught travelling from Italy into France.

The President of the European Commission, Juncker, said two days ago "we won't abandon Italy and Greece. These two nations have been heroic". And, predictably, did nothing.

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#23 Post by SOPS » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:00 am

And that's the point, they are doing nothing, it is almost like they want Europe to be overwhelmed. ( isn't there a conspiracy theory about that?). And I can't understand the general population, they seem to be mute on the subject, however not being in Europe, I could be wrong about that.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by OFSO » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:35 am

I believe the official instructions to the Captain of the "Rio Segura" were: No traigas a esos bastardos negros a Barcelona. Mind you, personally I'd rather try and swim the Med than getting a lift on a Spanish warship.

Old joke: why do all the tourist trips off Spanish seaside towns use glass-bottom boats ? So they can go out and view the Spanish navy.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:26 pm

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpUMJC3-2MM[/bbvideo]
[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0N8sGGYGE8[/bbvideo]

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#26 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:24 am

"The UN has said that seven in 10 people crossing the Mediterranean from Libya are economic migrants and the rest are 'people in need of protection' like refugees and asylum-seekers.
The U.N. refugee agency says people smuggling and migrant flows in Libya are on the rise, so Europe may face increased flows of migrants and refugees in the future.
UNHCR says 84,830 migrants and refugees have reached Italy's shores so far this year from Libya, which is a 19-percent increase from last year.
In a new report on migration trends in Libya issued today, UNHCR noted that largely lawless Libya has become a major thoroughfare for migrants."

[font=Arial Black]Well, DUH...... Sherlock. Now what are you going to do about it?[/font]

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:36 am

Do?
They do not do Do!
So
They are deep in the do-do.
Doh!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by OFSO » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 am

And folks my usual monthly post: travelled across the Spanish/French border at 06:10 this morning, not an official in sight.

Personally i do not credit EU officials with enough brain power to create a conspiracy. It's just sheer and utter stupidity. Of which there is so much in Brussels and Strasbourg that they could slice it off in 1Kg lumps and sell it to Trump. Oh no, wait....

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#29 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:19 am

Austria has moved 750 troops and 4 armoured cars to the Italian border because of the increase in uncontrolled immigration to Italy, paralleling their actions on the Hungarian border.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by OFSO » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Somehow I don't think that Austria's response was quite what Italy meant when asking for help...... The Italian government this afternoon summoned the Austrian Ambassador to explain his country's closing the border to immigrants.

But don't worry: the EU Commission has just announced it has a "plan".

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#31 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:27 pm

"Bill Gates has warned that European leaders risk deepening the migrant crisis by being too generous to those arriving on the continent.
The Microsoft founder said countries such as Germany will not be able to handle the 'huge' numbers of migrants waiting to leave Africa and find a better life overseas.
Instead, the 61-year-old suggested spending more on foreign aid to treat the root causes of migration, while making it more difficult for people to reach the continent."

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 pm

BackToAllNightLights wrote:"Bill Gates ........Instead, the 61-year-old suggested spending more on foreign aid to treat the root causes of migration"

What the bloody hell has his age got to do with anything? I appreciate the post is a cut and paste job, nevertheless newspapers and the like that "pad" opinions with extraneous information that is wholly irrelevant to their intent just to fill more column inches, geez......

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Bob
Capt
Capt

#33 Post by Bob » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:37 pm

BackToAllNightLights wrote:"Bill Gates has warned that European leaders risk deepening the migrant crisis by being too generous to those arriving on the continent.
The Microsoft founder said countries such as Germany will not be able to handle the 'huge' numbers of migrants waiting to leave Africa and find a better life overseas.
Instead, the 61-year-old suggested spending more on foreign aid to treat the root causes of migration, while making it more difficult for people to reach the continent."

Is that not a better alternative?, sounds like to me. (not that I think we should give too much aid to foreign countries or conversely exploit their assets, just leave the feckers alone would be my choice)
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#34 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Sure, in a rose tinted glasses world. The billions and billions spent in aid so far have really shown results right? Such good results that a good percentage of the young male populations are spilling into the Mediterranean.

Aid to Africa and many other countries is like owning a boat.

Definition of a boat:
"A hole in the water into which you pour money".

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#35 Post by OFSO » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Most of the billions in aid we sent them has gone into the pockets of the dictator bastards running the countries who thereupon make life even more intolerable for the poor buggers who then flee to Europe, causing the leaders of the EU & Member States to raise their hands in horror and say "we must send (even) more aid...."

Wonder if we could persuade Kim whatsit to try out his ICBM with a strike on Brussels....

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#36 Post by SOPS » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:38 am

Spot the women and children...I think things are starting to come apart.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... anean.html

Capetonian

#37 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Wonder if we could persuade Kim whatsit to try out his ICBM with a strike on Brussels....

It would probably end up hitting Paramaribo. On the other hand, if it got to Brussels it might do some collateral damage to the Netherlands and that would be a pity. France and Luxembourg I wouldn't lose any sleep for.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by OFSO » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Newspapers here full of the horror of the empty RIP found floating off the coast of Spain. Methinks if the Spanish were actually told that in future they'd be taking as many immigrants as the Italians are they might change their attitude. OTOH (posts passim) there are no border controls between Spain and France so they would probably just drift off northward into Emperor Macron's Land.

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#39 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:21 pm

I am perplexed that the ordinary people of have not yet just stood up and told every politician - "Stop it now. Enough is enough".

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#40 Post by OFSO » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:18 pm

With the possible exception of Parisians (who through the ages were always bolshi) the the ordinary people in most European nations are a bunch of gutless sheep, always were, always will be. Look at how many people participate in elections / referendi etc. Even here in Catalunia where opinions are very strong for/against separation, less than 50% bothered to vote in the last consultation. Those that did vote were over 80% in favour of separation: those that didn't vote were all against separation (TV & Media interviews) but they couldn't be bothered to get up and vote.

And that about sums up the will of the ordinary people everywhere. USELESS.