Sometimes it is hopeless

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Sometimes it is hopeless

#1 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:14 pm

A family acquittance once said that the assistance from the rich European nations to the poor African one is a way to move money from the poor taxpayers to the well off officials of the darkest Africa. Arguably the only accurate thing he ever said.
I was reading the BBC (I let you choose the acronym) and I was not surprised to read the following article: 'Half' Nigeria food aid for Boko Haram victims not delivered. I am at a loss what to say the people really suffer and some official consider it OK to take away the support destined for the victim.

Maybe it is time to really put a stop in the attempt to save African people from their leader.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Sometimes it is hopeless

#2 Post by OFSO » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:44 pm

I posted this info on another thread. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks it's hopeless. Should we not shut the doors and let the rest of the world sort themselves out ? After all, Europe sorted itself out with no external help.

(Mind you we are f*cking ourselves up nicely now. 1.6 million immigrants entered Europe in the last 2 years - they think (no records kept) - with another 6.5 million waiting to come, and no politician having any ideas how to stop 'em. Well, not "no politician" as Poland Hungary etc seem to have the will power.)

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:56 pm

It was time to stop before we started.
What is hopeless is electing people who think they can somehow change things simply by throwing money at a problem.
The entire period of the Blair/Brown Government was marked by continual statements about monetary input, not measurable output. Not just to Foreign Aid, but everything, from education to road repairs. The MSM barely ever questioned this. It has not detectably improved since.
Where there has been any attempt to measure output, the stats used are then massaged to make it look like progress is happening, but it never is.
Government policy in fact requires government to measure output anywhere the government has set a target. They cheerfully ignore this. When questioned, it suddenly becomes an "aspiration", not a target.
I do apologize, because it must seem like I've never got a good word to say about any of this, but that's because I simply cannot find anything that I think has improved in the last 20 years, with the exception of some advances in medical cures and practices.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#4 Post by Bob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Me dear old Dad, used to to tell me how serving in Kenya they would regularly drill and set up hand water pumps for the villages only to return just a month later to find them in disrepair...this was repeated endlessly.
My opinion....Leave them to it for a few decades, if in that time they show don't have the capacity to actually develop themselves in any way from the savagery they default to, then **** em.
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access