Am I missing something here?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Am I missing something here?

#1 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Just read this article in the Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 34061.html

Why does this group suggest that the offer of immunity is a trap to catch illegal immigrants? The immunity offered is surely to enable the authorities to work out how many illegal tenants in sublet flats died in the fire. And why should any illegal survivors be given more than twelve months amnesty? Surely this gives them plenty of time to get rehoused and apply for asylum /residency through the official processes.

What also came to mind whilst reading this article is the fact that these people are more concerned about protecting illegal immigrants than helping the authorities in their awful task of trying to identify all those that perished.
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Am I missing something here?

#2 Post by BenThere » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Somehow the priorities for government largesse have migrated to those who least deserve the generosity.

Traditional taxpayers who find themselves in hard times after dutiful taxpaying out of their labor over their working lives tend to have access to little help at all, and likely open scorn.

The left wing controlling social benefits have little time for those they don't see as victims of oppression.

BackToAllNightLights
Capt
Capt

#3 Post by BackToAllNightLights » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:29 pm

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott branded the approach as “grotesque” and expressed concern that it would stop people from coming forward for support.
She said: "The partial amnesty is limited to 12 months, which does not go far enough. Some victims have literally lost everything in this horrific tragedy: all their possessions, homes and loved ones. The idea that on top of this they could be deported later is grotesque. That is what is supposed to happen to any person illegally in the country - rule of law Diane.

"To access all the support they need without fear of deportation, any survivors concerned about their status must be given indefinite leave to remain. Otherwise, they may just disappear off the grid."They are already off the grid diane, you idiot.
History does Not repeat itself through time. It does however, sometimes rhyme.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#4 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Indeed, we read of three Hebert of one family wiped out as a car is driven in to them, or a car crash involving them. What help do they get?

People who are going about their business are suddenly wiped out, "oh, how sad, pass the ketchup please.'

I remember decades ago a little girl ran out of her house and under a bus. She lost both legs. The locals in Liverpool raised a huge sum of money for her. The point is that was local money. It was not tax payer's and I don't think much came from Birkenhead.

What makes Grenfell a national problem? Of course I agree the construction issue is of national concern.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:36 am

Don't know how my skull chucker made members in to Herbert :(

SOPS
Capt
Capt

#6 Post by SOPS » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:59 am

I don't understands?