Mugabe

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Mugabe

#1 Post by OFSO » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:50 am

World Health Organisation appoints Mugabe 'goodwill ambassador'.

Words fail me.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Mugabe

#2 Post by Karearea » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:55 am

Another "blinking well baffling" thing...
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...

Slasher

#3 Post by Slasher » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:18 am

Well that's trashed what little respect I had left for that mob.

Capetonian

#4 Post by Capetonian » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:28 am

Every time I see a posting headed 'Mugape' my heart leaps, hoping that the evil despotic tyrannical old bastard has finally breathed his last. I hope one day I won't be disappointed.

The real evil behind him is his wife, who's a South African kaffir bitch from Boksburg, and was a typist at the Rhodesian embassy in Pretoria when he scraped her up.

Apart from destroying a country and the lives of several generations of people in sub-Saharan Africa, I can't think what he's done to merit any recognition whatsoever other than a slow and painful death.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Woody » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:03 am

I'm lost for words X(
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Slasher

#6 Post by Slasher » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:10 am

Fcuk the W.H.O. Who listens to it anyway?

I only ever take notice of Doctors Without Borders in matters of contagious epidemics and viruses that aggressively attempt to clean out African shitholes first.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by OFSO » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:20 am

I see the WHO is now reconsidering Mugabe's appointment as goodwill ambassador. Should have gone to Specsavers......

Sisemen

#8 Post by Sisemen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:25 pm

The monkey has been binned.

Actually a really good outcome. The world focussed on the ape and now he’s been humiliated in the eyes of the world by having this appointment whisked away from him.

Expect retributions on the remaining Europeans in Rhodesia even though the idiot making the appointment was an African.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by BenThere » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:33 pm

WHO is digging their own grave, like UNESCO has done. There are so many NGOs that are no more than rent seekers, achieving little, corrupt, very costly, and exist primarily for the elite who run them.

Sisemen

#10 Post by Sisemen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Breaking news - tanks heading towards Harare.

Looks like beginning of the end is nigh for Mugape ^:)^

“Four tanks were seen heading towards the Zimbabwe capital Harare on Tuesday, witnesses said, a day after the head of the armed forces said he was prepared to "step in" to end a purge of supporters of ousted vice-president Emmerson Mnangagwa.

A Reuters witness saw two other tanks parked beside the main road from Harare to Chinhoyi, about 20 km (14 miles) from the city.

One of the tanks, which was pointed in the direction of the capital, had come off its tracks. Soldiers on the scene refused to talk to Reuters.”

Capetonian

#11 Post by Capetonian » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 pm

It could be good news, but not necessarily. Whatever replaces him may prove to be no better.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by Woody » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Capetonian wrote:It could be good news, but not necessarily. Whatever replaces him may prove to be no better.

Especially if it’s his wife :-o
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#13 Post by Bob » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Just the thought of that women taking over sends shivers down the spine, it would I fear be no improvement, but is there actually anyone in that country who would be a decent leader?, politics, violence to ones own people and unfettered corruption just seem to exist side by side in one big steaming pile throughout most of Africa

p.s., I don't for one moment hold out my own country as any sort of moral beacon I try my best not to be a black+white us and them simpleton, it's a matter of degree though innit
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Alisoncc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:27 am

Latest news suggests Mugabe is in the process of being removed. Tanks and explosions in Harare. Perhaps they can resurrect Idi Amin as boss General.

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Sisemen

#15 Post by Sisemen » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:05 am

“Soldiers have taken over the headquarters of Zimbabwe's state broadcaster as explosions echoed across the capital Harare, witnesses say, compounding speculation of a military coup against 93-year-old President Robert Mugabe

Witnesses said several state broadcaster ZBC members of staff were manhandled in the early hours of the morning (local time) as the soldiers occupied the premises, while the source of the explosions was not immediately apparent.

The reports follow a tense evening after Zimbabwe's ruling party accused the head of the armed forces of treason as tanks and troops took up positions around the capital, escalating a "rupture" between Mr Mugabe and the military's top brass.”

Definitely something going on :-bd

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:58 am

Troops and tanks in Harare. Radio stations seized. ZBC News bulletins missed. De facto coup underway.

http://www.zbc.co.zw/

"To the judiciary, the measures underway are intended to ensure that as an independent arm of the state you are able to exercise your independent authority without fear of being obstructed, as has been the case with this group of individuals.

To our members of parliament, your legislative role is of paramount importance, of peace and stability in this country, and it is our desire that a dispensation is created that allows you to serve your respective political constituencies according to democratic tenets.

To the generality of the people of Zimbabwe, we urge you to remain calm and limit unnecessary movement.

However, we encourage those who are employed and those with essential business in the city to continue their normal activities as usual. Our wish is that you will enjoy your rights and freedoms and that we return our country to a dispensation that allows for investment, development and prosperity that we all fought for and for which many of our citizens paid the supreme sacrifice.

To political parties, we urge you to discourage your members from engaging in violent behaviour. To the youth, we call upon you to realise that the future of this country is yours. Do not be enticed with the dirty coins of silver, be disciplined and remain committed to the efforts and values of this great nation.

To all churches and religious organisations in Zimbabwe we call upon your congregations to pray for our country and preach the gospel of love, peace and unity and development.

To both our people and the world beyond our borders, we wish to make this abundantly clear this is not a military takeover of government.

What Zimbabwe defence forces is doing is to pacify a degenerating political, social and economic situation in our country."

Caco

Capetonian

#17 Post by Capetonian » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 am

The statement read out by the military came hours after soldiers overran the headquarters of ZBC. A man in military fatigues said: "We wish to assure thenation that his excellency the president... and his family are safe and sound and their security is guaranteed."

What a pity.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:29 am

Next step for Mugabe and family will be retirement/asylum in South Africa or somewhere in a gilded cage far from Harare anyway.

Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:58 am

The old boy's big mistake was to break with the hierarchy of old cronies and propel Grace forward as the next leader designate (manipulated by her and her cabal no doubt). Those further down Mugabe's faction's pecking order will face the worst consequences here, facing imprisonment, torture or worse, while Grace, cordially loathed by all and sundry, will be allowed to go into internal retirement with the old boy as he is till totemic to many of the people and needs to be there to add legitimacy to his old comrades and now his current usurpers.

All very African, all very predictable, all very **** up!

Caco

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:30 am

Definitely a pree-emptive strike against the "Grace faction". Designated nominally as the G40 faction.

Harare - Zimbabwe's military said it had seized power in a targeted assault on "criminals" around President Robert Mugabe who were causing social and economic suffering, but gave assurances the 93-year-old leader and his family were "safe and sound".

Zimbabwean soldiers and armoured vehicles blocked roads to the main government offices, parliament and the courts in central Harare, a Reuters witness said on Wednesday.

While nearby, Zimbabweans queued for cash outside banks as public taxis ferried commuters to work.

"We are only targeting criminals around him (Mugabe) who are committing crimes that are causing social and economic suffering in the country in order to bring them to justice," Zimbabwe Major General SB Moyo, Chief of Staff Logistics, said on national television on Wednesday.

"As soon as we have accomplished our mission, we expect that the situation will return to normalcy."

The military detained Finance Minister Ignatius Chombo on Wednesday, a government source said. Chombo was a leading member of the so-called 'G40' faction of the ruling Zanu-PF party, led by Mugabe's wife Grace, that had been vying to succeed Mugabe.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/milit ... r-12005434

Caco