I wonder if 'Black and White' is more PC than 'Coloured'? :ymdevil:

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Harry and Megan show

#42 Post by llondel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:30 pm
Royal Christmas cards revealed today. Some very charming ones especially the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and family. Why was this one of the other senior Royals taken from behind and interestingly in BLACK and WHITE? Answers on a post card please.
Cheaper to print in black and white? After all, even the royals have to cut costs where possible now.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#43 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:14 am

HRH PH is allowed to blast The Taliban to smithereens but not cuddly little pheasants, which will at the end of the day end up in the pot. Boxing Day shoot, a long Royal tradition which HRH has taken part in for 20 years but 'er has put the jack, black, coloured, whatever, boot in.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eghan.html
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by Cacophonix » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:50 am

This is what happens when the royals start plucking peasants.

Not enough blue bloods to go round for marriage these days. Harry could have married the Dutchess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, but she is very fat and has webbed feet!

Harry married Megan, who is far more attractive, and he is now sensibly keeping the peace by abiding with his trouble and strife's wishes. Can't say that I blame him.

Anyway isn't it time that the Royal family moved into the 18th century at least?

Next you will be suggesting that Harry should be on safari in Botswana potting lions, because it is Royal tradition! How infradig is that? ;)))

Caco

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#45 Post by Krystal n Chips » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:21 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Royal Christmas cards revealed today. Some very charming ones especially the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and family. Why was this one of the other senior Royals taken from behind and interestingly in BLACK and WHITE? Answers on a post card please.
Whilst I am firmly in the point, click, photo taken brigade, black and white photo's have a timeless quality irrespective of the era they are taken in.....or it could be a subliminal message...or, hopefully, both.

As for not wanting to blast pheasants to oblivion in the name of "sport ", rather than shooting for necessity to survive, the Duchess of Cambridge's stance on being anti blood sports is very commendable. You may also gather I am against the killing of any animal ostensibly for "sport "......however, it's always nice to read about how the odds are reversed when the most wanton destructive animal on the planet, the human being, finds technology has failed in the natural environment of the animal they intended to kill.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:58 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Why was this one of the other senior Royals taken from behind and interestingly in BLACK and WHITE?
--.-
.-
-.-

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#47 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:29 am

Caco:
Next you will be suggesting that Harry should be on safari in Botswana potting lions, because it is Royal tradition! How infradig is that?
Yes, a bit different. We all know very well that The HRHs are very much into conservation over here.

K&C:
As for not wanting to blast pheasants to oblivion in the name of "sport ", rather than shooting for necessity to survive, the Duchess of Cambridge's stance on being anti blood sports is very commendable. You may also gather I am against the killing of any animal ostensibly for "sport "......however, it's always nice to read about how the odds are reversed when the most wanton destructive animal on the planet, the human being, finds technology has failed in the natural environment of the animal they intended to kill.
If HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is against so called blood sports why does the lady encourage HRH Prince George to shoot? https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/10 ... royal-news

At the end of the day the birds are bred to be shot and yes fed regularly where the guns position themselves. Not very sporting actually but they end up on the table not on a wall (usually). Big difference.

The Duchess of Sussex is well out of order yet again. If she doesn't wish to support British traditions she should get off the hamster wheel and go back cotton picking. Oops, well I don't like the person. [-X

I have never, ever disliked a member of 'The Firm' before.
Attachments
Bird.jpg
Bird.jpg (8.37 KiB) Viewed 624 times
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:29 am
At the end of the day the birds are bred to be shot and yes fed regularly where the guns position themselves. Not very sporting actually but they end up on the table not on a wall (usually). Big difference.

Well said, that man.

Driven shooting ought to be banned. Rough shooting is quite different and really is sport. There is skill involved in rough shooting which is absent in a driven shoot.

As for the matter of rearing grouse for a shoot, I think we need to re-think what has been done to the Highlands. The whole environment has largely been destroyed by the triple monocultures of grouse, deer and sheep. The Caledonian Forest (please don't call it "pine forest") has been almost entirely obliterated and that bloody German woman (Vic, not Lillibet) is largely to blame.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#49 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:29 am

'It arrived this morning. I have an uneasy feeling it's Meghan's dad.'
Attachments
Markle.jpg
Markle.jpg (35.63 KiB) Viewed 572 times

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by Cacophonix » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:06 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:06 pm
Ex-Ascot wrote:

Well said, that man.

Driven shooting ought to be banned. Rough shooting is quite different and really is sport. There is skill involved in rough shooting which is absent in a driven shoot.

As for the matter of rearing grouse for a shoot, I think we need to re-think what has been done to the Highlands. The whole environment has largely been destroyed by the triple monocultures of grouse, deer and sheep. The Caledonian Forest (please don't call it "pine forest") has been almost entirely obliterated and that bloody German woman (Vic, not Lillibet) is largely to blame.
+1

You forgot to mention golf courses as monoculture proliferators as well.

Much driven pheasant shooting in and around the countryside near chez Caco. Done usually by socially insecure urbanites who are more interested in the supposed social cachet and the easy shooting than any real care for forest, bird or animal husbandry. The people that seem attracted to this kind of massacre are the sort of pretentious twats who think fox hunting is "classy".

Caco

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#51 Post by Krystal n Chips » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:28 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Caco:
Next you will be suggesting that Harry should be on safari in Botswana potting lions, because it is Royal tradition! How infradig is that?
Yes, a bit different. We all know very well that The HRHs are very much into conservation over here.

K&C:
If HRH The Duchess of Cambridge is against so called blood sports why does the lady encourage HRH Prince George to shoot? https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/10 ... royal-news

The Duchess of Sussex is well out of order yet again. If she doesn't wish to support British traditions she should get off the hamster wheel and go back cotton picking. Oops, well I don't like the person. [-X

I have never, ever disliked a member of 'The Firm' before.
Correct, pheasants are bred to be indiscriminately blasted out of the sky in the name of "sport " hence the term "blood sports " being relevant.
The link at the end puts this into perspective.

Human beings are predators, hence we kill to eat and survive. However, humans also kill for some form of psychopathic pleasure under the veneer of "sport " and are quite happy to contribute to the extinction of other species that we share this planet with as a direct result. And your justification for this would be ?

A little nearer home, for you that is. I am sure the name Sir Sertese Khama hasn't escaped your notice, a bit ahead of his time with his marriage you might say. If you get bored sitting on the patio, look up the name of my late uncle, Lloyd Watkins. He was a personal friend of the President...he was also the No2 on "Operation Noah " being a much respected wild life vet in the region. He was also a conservationist.......and I'm pleased to say I have inherited some of his genes in this respect.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/sep ... heobserver

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by om15 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:39 am

K&C
pheasants are bred to be indiscriminately blasted out of the sky in the name of "sport " hence the term "blood sports " being relevant.
Typical townie rubbish, pheasant shooting is going on all around my village, the pheasants will be eaten locally and will be sold in local butchers shops, or sent to local towns for sale, that is the objective.
If pheasants weren't bred for this purpose we couldn't eat them, shooting is the only way of dispatching them so that they will end up on the table. The people doing the shooting are ordinary country people making a living out of the country side.
It has nothing to do with class or evil Tories, if you don't like pheasant don't eat it, but don't begrudge others their tea. Eating pheasant will make our village children strong and healthy, unlike lentil eating townies.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#53 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:49 am

A number of issues here. K&C I can't find reference to your uncle but would be very interested if you could give us a lead. Still don't know why you think the Duchess of Cambridge is against so called blood sports. I am sure that article from the Guardian is completely incorrect. In my experience at shoots all the birds go into the pot. We did have some sort of bird disease at our local shoot where the birds had to be destroyed and buried. I wonder if that sort of incident is what they are referring to.

OM15, I regret to report that where we used to live in the Cotswolds; Cornbury Park was right alongside our house. To shoot there you had to have a Range Rover, plus fours, a Webley and a flat 'at plus 1,000 quid or more to even start. Can't remember what the bag was before you had to pay per bird but it was very low and very expensive. However they all went to the guns and the beaters and inevitably ended up on the table of the villagers. We can vouch for that. A very good friend often found a brace hanging on her door and would invite us around for lunch.

We went clay pigeon shooting around there a few times. Not good. They are very crunchy no matter how you prepare them.

Beef Raiser
ATPL
ATPL

#54 Post by Beef Raiser » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:02 am

Krystal n Chips wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:28 am

Human beings are predators, hence we kill to eat and survive. However, humans also kill for some form of psychopathic pleasure under the veneer of "sport " and are quite happy to contribute to the extinction of other species that we share this planet with as a direct result. And your justification for this would be ?
There are a couple of shoulders and haunches of venison in my freezer that will be consumed over Christmas. The animals were selectively shot having lived a natural life in the forests of Scandihooliganland. Each year, a number die naturally in the winter from starvation as there's only so much food to be found under a few meters of snow. No animal is killed for the sake of it, all are butchered and shared amongst friends. Very little goes to waste.

I find this to be rather more "honest" than buying sanitised cuts of meat from Waitrose where you have no idea of how the animal lived, what it was fed on and how it met its' end. For every animal taken from the wild, that's one less that had a rather miserable and artificial existence. I presume you know what the last chicken you ate was injected with ?

I suggest you spend some time on a poultry farm and see how your frankenchicken is reared. I have and it was quite a shock.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#55 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Beef Raiser wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:02 am
Krystal n Chips wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:28 am

There are a couple of shoulders and haunches of venison in my freezer that will be consumed over Christmas. The animals were selectively shot having lived a natural life in the forests of Scandihooliganland. Each year, a number die naturally in the winter from starvation as there's only so much food to be found under a few meters of snow. No animal is killed for the sake of it, all are butchered and shared amongst friends. Very little goes to waste.

I find this to be rather more "honest" than buying sanitised cuts of meat from Waitrose where you have no idea of how the animal lived, what it was fed on and how it met its' end. For every animal taken from the wild, that's one less that had a rather miserable and artificial existence. I presume you know what the last chicken you ate was injected with ?

I suggest you spend some time on a poultry farm and see how your frankenchicken is reared. I have and it was quite a shock.
Good post BR.

The American woman has backed down. https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/10 ... andringham

My intuition says that this will not be the first. She can't change 'The Firm'. Her only way forward is to get back across the pond.

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:20 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:17 pm

My intuition says that this will not be the first. She can't change 'The Firm'. Her only way forward is to get back across the pond.
Oh give over man, she's not trying to change any ossified insititution, but is trying to mould her man to her liking. What woman, almost always, futilely, doesn't try to do that in the beginning?

So what if she has a touch of the tarbrush, as my mother might so indelicately have put it. Magan is a graceful, attractive woman. She can't help her father anymore than the Royal family can be held responsible for the arrogant pig Andrew or any one of the litany of mad royal relatives or forebears in their past history.

The fact that they have accepted Megan into the "firm" now indicates that they are changing and know they have to adapt or die out.

Anyway, calling them the firm makes them, to my mind anyway, sound like some minor branch of a family of Mafiosi! Most disrespectful methinks! =))

;)))

Caco

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#57 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Caco, as you know, no objection to the tar brush here. I honestly don't think that she has been 'welcomed' into 'The Firm'. HMQ made the decision to let the 6th in line to dig his own hole. If HMQ had said no then could be accused of another unhappy Royal marriage. Bet there is a slip of gold embossed HMQ writing paper under her blotting pad to be found in the future which says, 'I told you so'.

I was talking to my S.A. hairdresser last week about racism. Saying that we have good friends who are racist and do not understand it. She said you should have met my grandmother. =))

Cacophonix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#58 Post by Cacophonix » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:18 pm
Caco, as you know, no objection to the tar brush here. I honestly don't think that she has been 'welcomed' into 'The Firm'. HMQ made the decision to let the 6th in line to dig his own hole. If HMQ had said no then could be accused of another unhappy Royal marriage. Bet there is a slip of gold embossed HMQ writing paper under her blotting pad to be found in the future which says, 'I told you so'.

I was talking to my S.A. hairdresser last week about racism. Saying that we have good friends who are racist and do not understand it. She said you should have met my grandmother. =))
And mine too! =))

I wish Harry and Megan the best... they might surprise us all...

Caco

Capetonian

#59 Post by Capetonian » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:36 pm

She said you should have met my grandmother.
The closest my granny ever got to seeing a darkie was the black and white minstrel show.
My mother however, despite not being able to tell the difference between an Indian and an African, was a racist of note, making me look like a liberal. As for my sister ..............

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#60 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:53 am

What a Royal set up. Protocol dictates that the man walks to the right of the lady unless of course walking on a pavement when he should always be on the road side. HMQ had told the two Duchesses to walk together in the middle.
Attachments
Caption competition.jpg