Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: The Harry and Megan show

#141 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:31 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:16 pm
etc,

Is anyone else surprised that she can splash out £375k for 5 nights in NY for a baby shower, then jet off to Morocco with hubby?

Mrs PN, SRN, SCM retired, is surprised that any airline would fly her at this stage of her pregnancy.

Ex-Ascot, re-divorce, you missed 'twice'.
I do not think so only once before HRH or do you know something we don't know. Oh good :-bd

And. yes, my RGN (anesthetics) agrees about the flight. Also into THAT pit with all the rioting. The security services must be having kittens. Let HRH go in there without 'er in his Apache.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#142 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:14 pm

ExA. I was taking Mrs PNs word. I see m 2011-2013. Got that right then :)

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#143 Post by Krystal n Chips » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:58 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:07 pm
Krystal n Chips wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:39 am
Capetonian wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:33 pm
Stupid. PP must be apoplectic with rage at the antics of his c***struck 'grandson'.

Sad for all concerned, except the one who will sail into the sunset with millions. I was tempted to say high class hooker, but the high class doesn't fit.
Tsk ! been over indulging in the (un-ripened ) lemon sorbet for dessert again perchance ?
KnC I do not understand either what you are going on about. Do you actually think that this woman, and I say 'Woman' not 'Lady', is fit to be a member of our Royal Family? I have great respect for 'The Firm' and was privileged and honoured to have been on their staff. I have never, never criticised a member of The Royal Family in my life until this half-caste, divorced, and divorced parents, Catholic (until she did a quick switch), American, actress with a totally dysfunctional family (exception mother) came on board. And, Cape's comment about 'hooker' is probably not far wrong. I wonder how many casting couches she has been on.
In all seriousness, I do think the Lady is fit to be a member of the Royal Family.

She represents contemporary society and thinking, in contrast to those from another era content to pull a few strings to unveil a plaque, say a few placatory words to the crowd, enjoy being fawned over and wined and dined, before going home after another "hard days work ". C5 had a programme on the expenditure a couple of nights ago, nothing new I should add and the usual clichés about how much wealth they generate for the UK....unfortunately, like "goodwill " on a balance sheet, this can't be accurately quantified, but sounds good. Offset against this is the exorbitant and unwarranted expenditure to support their lifestyle.

By all means keep them as a token gesture, to appease those like yourself and overseas admirers, but reduce their tax payer funded finances significantly. The family do have have substantial capital assets at their disposal to self fund themselves.

Interesting analogy however regarding your, and our South African import, term used in respect of the Lady concerned.....pretty close to libel in many respects....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -to-father

Capetonian

#144 Post by Capetonian » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:43 am

She represents contemporary society and thinking,
I'll pass on the fact that you ignored my previous question, since I know you wouldn't. I rather expected some blithering drivel.about sunspots and railway connections at Milton Keynes but certainly not an answer.

Moving on, I take it that you can back up the above assertion. You've interviewed a representative section of 'contemporary society', whatever that means, to validate your statement?

Please answer without quoting from the Guardian.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#145 Post by Krystal n Chips » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:05 am

Capetonian wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:43 am
She represents contemporary society and thinking,
I'll pass on the fact that you ignored my previous question, since I know you wouldn't. I rather expected some blithering drivel.about sunspots and railway connections at Milton Keynes but certainly not an answer.

Moving on, I take it that you can back up the above assertion. You've interviewed a representative section of 'contemporary society', whatever that means, to validate your statement?

Please answer without quoting from the Guardian.

" contemporary society "... ".whatever that means".....when you have to ask such a rudimentary question, alas.........

If it's any consolation, the last survey I helped conduct was back in 2000 as part of my Degree.

Capetonian

#146 Post by Capetonian » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:17 am

I note you've deflected the question with an attempt at a putdown. True to form.

You are clearly unable to answer the question. You are not worth the time of day.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#147 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:42 am

There certainly seems a schism between the euphoria of the wedding and current chatter in the newspapers. Of course H&M all is fine doesn't sell as many papers as K&M fall out or M mistreat the staff.

Without doubt she is a non-conformist. Whether Royalists accept this or Republicans laud it remains to be seen. Splashing out £375k on 5 nights in a NY hotel is certainly not what a People's Princess is expected to do.

Whether that is correct or fake news, I don't know, but it is how the media present it.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#148 Post by Krystal n Chips » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:47 am

Capetonian wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:17 am
I note you've deflected the question with an attempt at a putdown. True to form.

You are clearly unable to answer the question. You are not worth the time of day.
No need...you answered it yourself. All I did was illustrate the fact.

Capetonian

#149 Post by Capetonian » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:51 am

What do you mean by 'contemporary society' and how do you justify your statement? Did you perhaps mean, in your own case, 'contemptuous', which appears to be your attitude to the Royal Family and those who respect and admire them, with the exception of the person currently under discussion?

Is that clear enough for your addled brain, or are you going to again refuse to answer?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#150 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:48 pm

KnC:
If it's any consolation, the last survey I helped conduct was back in 2000 as part of my Degree.
Pray may we ask what this degree was in?
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Capetonian

#151 Post by Capetonian » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:12 pm

The Theory and Practice of Marxism?
Avoiding the Inconvenience of Truth?
Shop Stewarding for Rabble Rousers?
Social.Sciences?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#152 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:24 pm

The woman is doing it again in that north African cesspit. Trying to upstage HRH PH speaking frog and rushing ahead of him to greet children. HRH must be getting pissed off with this and I am sure his staff are. She has no idea how to behave as a Royal. Needs a very big kick up the black American actress' backside.

You just couldn't have made this situation up 20 years ago. No one would believe you.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#153 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:32 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:12 pm
Social.Sciences?
Well Cape, one would assume aeronautical engineering, nuclear physics or even an MBA would be outside his sphere. Underwater basket weaving comes to mind.

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#154 Post by Krystal n Chips » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:32 pm
Capetonian wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:12 pm
Social.Sciences?
Well Cape, one would assume aeronautical engineering, nuclear physics or even an MBA would be outside his sphere. Underwater basket weaving comes to mind.
Hmmm ? I take it a CAA Licence doesn't count then ?...nuclear physics....there's a loud bang, a big flash and lots of radiation, finally, a BA (Hons ) so yep, not an MBA. Some anecdotes for you.

Halton... ( om 15 can verify this ) we were informed it was a "privilege " to take part in a route lining in London. Cue endless hours of practice, wasting my social time, and catching up on something called training. Cometh the day, the Admin Branch, true to form, issued ceremonial woollen capes...in the middle of July. Thankfully, somebody with a brain negated us wearing them. I will never forget the supercilious smirk on Ogilveys face as he clattered past in a carriage. Flying related,the sword waver on the day, who fell into the "when, not if " category...he once kindly "demonstrated " a hammerhead stall at a decidedly low level in a Chippy with me in the back...it should have been a bog standard stall demo.... eventually put a Jag into a beach "somewhere in the Med "

Bruggen...not sure if you know it from being there ?...Anyway Mags decided she wanted a day out. All the houses on the road past the NAAFI supermarket on the road leading to the cross roads by the Airmens Mess duly painted and gardens officially tended. We even had to clean the infamous "4 Shed " on 431 MU, not that she would get anywhere near....cometh the day, we escaped on a variety of excuses to Laarbruch / Wildenrath. However, the peasants mess was decorated with flowers, the food was edible and....a ,member of the then WRAF was stationed outside the Ladies toilet ...just in case she used it and the taps were to be run to deaden the noise of human bodily wastes being deposited.

HM Gulag St Athan. Bucc majors Summer 1976, Already screwed up by the incompetence of the Eng Branch, a visit from some Duchess was planned. Cue, immaculate hangar and, outside, an oasis of lush green plants and grass, being watered every day. You may recall that Summer?...the Vale of Glamorgan was a dust bowl and hosepipe ban in force...apart from ?....after the visit, production had to be restored, delayed due to the cleaning etc and thus what better way than to add overtime to a shift that commenced at 16.30 and finished at 03.30.

Now try and justify why any of the above should have happened for one particular family and the costs involved.

With regard to a more contemporary perspective, why do we have food banks, austerity, homeless people, child poverty when we are wasting millions on preserving an arcane institution who take, but don't give anything tangible, in return. You clearly enjoyed being part of the entourage .....I had no such aspirations.

Capetonian

#155 Post by Capetonian » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:44 am

Just when you think this sordid saga can't worsen, I read that according to the gutter press, the little half caste will be brought up 'gender neutral'.

I honestly fear that this news could result in Prince Philip's demise.

That Markle creature should be deported or sectioned.

Sisemen

#156 Post by Sisemen » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:34 am

The pressing question is just how black is the kid going to be? Coupled with ginger hair it’s probably not going to be a good look :-ss

DCA4FC38-1A14-4854-8CC5-3B98F6DF51AB.jpeg
DCA4FC38-1A14-4854-8CC5-3B98F6DF51AB.jpeg (50.33 KiB) Viewed 367 times

Krystal n Chips
Capt
Capt

#157 Post by Krystal n Chips » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Ho hum......can't say you weren't warned chaps.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ter-trolls

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#158 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:44 am
Just when you think this sordid saga can't worsen, I read that according to the gutter press, the little half caste will be brought up 'gender neutral'.

I honestly fear that this news could result in Prince Philip's demise.

That Markle creature should be deported or sectioned.
Kensington Palace has released a statement regarding the gender of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's coming royal baby – dispelling recent reports that Meghan will raise her child gender fluid as "totally false". An article in Vanity Fair claimed that the 37-year-old royal told friends she would raise her child in a gender-neutral way, with sources stating that Meghan had used the word 'fluid' to describe her plans. The article also noted that there are "multiple possible interpretations" behind the assertions. A spokesman for the palace confirmed on Saturday, March 2 that "this story is totally false."
It would not surprise me if she said this to her stupid American actress friends. Now the Kensington Palace press office are trying to pick up the bits again. Stupid woman. I just hope it comes out jet black. Actually I think that HRH PP will find it very funny. He has almost certainly made numerous comments on the outcome already. Are there reports of his horse and carriage seen parked outside bookies near Sandringham? Obviously not his motor.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#159 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Now come on folks, does this look regal or more like an American actress tart flashing her legs? Hope she was wearing knickers.
Attachments
Legs.jpg

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#160 Post by 1DC » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:29 pm

wonder what she will do with her hands when the kid pops out?