Climate Disruption.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Slasher

Re: Climate Disruption.

#401 Post by Slasher » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:53 am

The status of the NPP has been cheapened so much during the last couple of decades ‘stacker that one psycho teenager won’t make any diff to its standing whether it’s awarded to the nutcase or not.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#402 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:09 am

4mast - I have not seen any! This advice is worth considering. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... eace-prize

Sisemen

#403 Post by Sisemen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:47 am

What a load of crap. I actually opened the link thinking that I was safe on account it wasn’t posted by our ex resident Mancunian ultra-lefty and I was wrong!

I think that Admin should put a complete ban on *******, *******, **** links to the Grauniad.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#404 Post by Bob » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:59 am

Oh come on there has to be at least an attempt at balance or are you so pathetic and insecure that you only feel comfortable when your right wing old farts echo chamber is 100% pure? :))
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#405 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:37 am

The Nobel Peace Prize was totally invalidated and disgraced by its award to Obama.

Nobel's specification for his Prize was for the "done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses". Obama was overtly building up a puppet standing army in Afghanistan. That's diametrically the opposite of what the Peace Prize is all about.

I think its award to someone like Willie Smits or to Thunderbird would be to disgrace them by association.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#406 Post by k3k3 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:41 am

Having read that article, it seems balanced to me.

k3k3
Old Fart Exemplar

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#407 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 am

Actually, sise, the article is a good one. There is a lot of potential danger when people build up anticipated fury and find there is nowhere for it to go. I've no idea what the correct term for it is, but it will be something like 'Inverted Rage Syndrome' or similar. I have no doubt the Chump would have an arsenal of angry tweets had she been awarded anything, and now his rage will have to be re-directed - stand by for a massive spray of sh1t in all directions, I fear.

I have not followed this lady's antics as eagerly as some of you appear to have (it has certainly occupied this forum a bit!), but I must ask what is the relevance of a 'Peace Prize'? Has she done anything for that? I thought she was all about climate change.

Slasher

#408 Post by Slasher » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:52 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:37 am
I think its award to someone like Willie Smits or to Thunderbird would be to disgrace them by association.
Indeed. The NPP has become a badge of Dishonour.

Sisemen

#409 Post by Sisemen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:34 am

Obviously a sense of humour is missing in some! [-X

Capetonian

#410 Post by Capetonian » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:00 am

I am afraid I wasted a couple of minutes skimming through that article from the Guardian. I suspect that the Mancunian Lefty who used to infest and pollute this forum was trained in writing by the Guardian, since apart from his '.............ahem....' interjections, the feeble attempts at sarcasm and put downs are rather similar.

As stated, the Nobel Peace Prize was debased by giving it to O'Bummer. I am not sure if the Thunberg creature was a serious contender since her environmental endeavours do not really relate to peace.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#411 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:57 am

Capetonian wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:00 am
I am not sure if the Thunberg creature was a serious contender since her environmental endeavours do not really relate to peace.
I disagree because improvement of the local environment, multiplied by the number of locales where it is applied, really can promote Peace.

Do you really think that The Empire would have invaded Iraq if Iraq's principal export had been palm-dates?

Do you think that The Empire's kleptocratic Bush crime family would have supported their fellow kleptocratic Sabah crime family if Kuwait's principal export was abalone?

Do you think that the kleptocrats of a Murrica would have tolerated the overt murder of a journalist in a consulate if the principal export of that country was sand?

Take away the resource wars that The Empire so desperately needs, and in effect what you have is suction. Suction of resources; suction of wealth.

That is the status quo.

Conclusion: America sucks.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#412 Post by Boac » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Yes, sise.

Slasher

#413 Post by Slasher » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:04 am

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#414 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:59 am

Excellent video Slasher, well worth watching. :-bd
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Capetonian

#415 Post by Capetonian » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:47 am

I couldn't sit through 18 minutes of that chap's presentation, he irritates me even though I know he is correct, but I wonder if his video mentioned that these ER tosspots are being paid up to £600/week to bring chaos and mayhem to the streets.

Reminds me of the paid rabble who were demonstrating at the World Travel Market in London one year, standing by the South African Tourist Board stand, chanting and taunting about Apartheid. During the afternoon, they'd disappeared and were to be found at the Korean stand, demonstrating about eating dogs, because the people who pulled their strings had offered them more money.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#416 Post by Boac » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:20 am

Shame about the poor editing, Slash, which degraded an otherwise good presentation. ER certainly do themselves no favours in some quarters.

Personally I am all for encouraging a more considerate use of earth resources and causing less pollution of our environment, and am reasonably sanguine about the threat of 'mass extinction' since I believe the majority of these events occurred during periods of sea-level fall and global cooling. It is, perhaps, a shame that ER were not around to bop in Trafalgar Square during the previous mass extinction events, as they probably could have prevented them.

All that said if, as claimed, the 'founder' of ER wished to overthrow the government I have some sympathy for him..............

Slasher

#417 Post by Slasher » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:35 am

Another good’n - but more to do with why the Climate changes rather than concentrating on clips of the Unwashed rabble. I’ve known about the Milankovitch Cycle but this video is the most straightforward way of explaining it.

https://youtu.be/4GUcn07enz4

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#418 Post by Boac » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:59 am

Fascinating and I was unaware of Milankovitch. A very interesting video with just a couple of minor technical/grammatical errors in the second cycle.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#419 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:06 am

Slasher thanks for posting the above video clip, very interesting. :-bd

Our current situation here is part of the natural cycle in the Okavango delta. When we moved here we were at the peak of high floods, now we are entering the dry part of the cycle. This lagoon has dried up and refilled accordingly for many decades. Indeed one of the village elders who is in his eighties said that the lagoon would start to dry up again. He said that it was the way it had been all his life. Also, tectonic movements have shifted the flood waters to the East. Future tectonic movements may in the future move the water West again. Our present drought has nothing to do with GW or carbon dioxide emissions.
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#420 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:36 am

It really doesn't matter whether Thunderbird understands orbital mechanics.

What is important is that climatologists, hydrographers and oceanographers do understand the subject - and they do!

Hydrographers take all the harmonic constituents (including half a dozen which the Welsh guy omitted for the sake of simplicity) into account in every tidal computation ever made.

Climatologists, such as at The Met Office Hadleigh Centre, take solar radiance into account in every calculation they make too.